• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

dano6533

dano6533

Apr 30, 2018
Dignitas-physical health denied
Exit international-physical health denied
Life Circle-physical health denied

Dignitas-psychological health in progress
Exit international-psychological health in progress
Life Circle-psychological health not possible here

I assumed it would be somewhat difficult to do this, but it takes a lot of work.
Exit told me they just want a document by 2 different psychiatrist stating you are competent enough to sign an important document, dont have to mention the assisted suicide. So this may help bypassing the ethical barriers many of the professionals have told me as an excuse. I have contacted minimum 50 psychiatrists just in regards to a psych eval and none can do it for some reason. I do not even mention the procedure at all.

Anyone know anything about that?

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: dwimplepeen213, Soon4me, AntiLifeEric and 5 others
anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018

I assumed it would be somewhat difficult to do this, but it takes a lot of work.
Exit told me they just want a document by 2 different psychiatrist stating you are competent enough to sign an important document, dont have to mention the assisted suicide. So this may help bypassing the ethical barriers many of the professionals have told me is an excuse. I have contacted minimum 50 psychiatrists just in regards to a psych eval and non can do it for some reason. I do not even mention the procedure at all.

Can I ask why you were denied physical health?

Reactions: Caerula
dano6533

dano6533

Apr 30, 2018
they said my eye condition would not qualify
the name is trivial: dry eye and mebomain gland dysfucntion

but it is constant pain, itching, buring, misery, light and wind sensitivity
it is not something that goes away, it is chronic and progressive
after 2 dozen treatments and about a year of this I am exhausted now

guess that is not good enough

Reactions: OnlyMercy, Soon4me, AntiLifeEric and 4 others
anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
they said my eye condition would not qualify
the name is trivial: dry eye and mebomain gland dysfucntion

but it is constant pain, itching, buring, misery, light and wind sensitivity
it is not something that goes away, it is chronic and progressive
after 2 dozen treatments and about a year of this I am exhausted now

guess that is not good enough

I'm sorry. It should not be enough for them.
There is no possible treatment for that?

anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
The procedure is not easy, as you already know.
I think the key may be to find an open-minded doctor who is willing to provide what you need.
Do not give up.

dano6533

dano6533

Apr 30, 2018
tried dozens of different things
it has continually got worse for close to a year now
i had to leave work and my masters program for several months and am now forcing myself through these things

every single day is like low crawling through 1000 meters of Concertina wire

Reactions: Caerula and anna
anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
tried dozens of different things
it has continually got worse for close to a year now
i had to leave work and my masters program for several months and am now forcing myself through these things

every single day is like low crawling through 1000 meters of Concertina wire

I'm sorry, I know what it is to try everything and that nothing works.

El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018

Exit told me they just want a document by 2 different psychiatrist stating you are competent enough to sign an important document, dont have to mention the assisted suicide. So this may help bypassing the ethical barriers many of the professionals have told me as an excuse. I have contacted minimum 50 psychiatrists just in regards to a psych eval and none can do it for some reason. I do not even mention the procedure at all.

I know Dignitas and Life Circle are euthanasia clinics, but I thought Exit International is just an advocacy group? What exactly do they provide?

If you're in the US, you might want to look into this:
http://www.finalexitnetwork.org/Exit-Guide-Services.html

They provide an "exit guide" service for people with medical issues. (You don't have to have a terminal disease, but you do have to supply medical records to get approved by their medical committee.) They use the nitrogen method (you have to set it up and do all the physical stuff yourself), and they stay there with you during the last act, sort of like a priest.

Here's an article about them:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-health-right-to-die-story.html

dano6533

dano6533

Apr 30, 2018
your right about the exit international

i am mistaken, the place im in contact with is called EX international-got them mixed up in my head somehow

thanks for the tips ill check this out

Reactions: shattered dreams, Caerula and El Topo
dano6533

dano6533

Apr 30, 2018
will do

still waiting to hear back from dozens of psychiatrists

im trying to find psychiatrists that will do the evaluations by video or tele-medicine or whatever its called

i finally arranged appt on wednesday morning and ill let you guys know how that one goes

it is a very touchy subject for them, it violates ethics, or so they claim

Reactions: shattered dreams, Malice1 and Caerula
El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
will do

still waiting to hear back from dozens of psychiatrists

im trying to find psychiatrists that will do the evaluations by video or tele-medicine or whatever its called

i finally arranged appt on wednesday morning and ill let you guys know how that one goes

it is a very touchy subject for them, it violates ethics, or so they claim

So at this point, are you trying to get accepted to one of the euthanasia clinics based on psychological health issues?

By the way, what exactly do you say when you contact psychiatrists? Is it unusual to ask for a mental competency evaluation? I wonder why so many of them are refusing to see you.

Reactions: shattered dreams and Caerula
dano6533

dano6533

Apr 30, 2018
This is what Dignitas is telling me:

"We need medical certificates with clear diagnosis of your illness, a description of its cause and development, proof of all therapies you have tried (with or without success) as well as an in-depth psychiatric appraisal concerning your capacity of judgement and discernment in regard of your wish for a self-determined end of life."

Here is what EX international is saying:

"Dear Sir,

Ex International was created in 1996 specially for non Swiss citizens, that means for all other countries.

You have the possibility to pass a mental test with any Psychiatrist. The result of the test gives you a number of points, which allow to attest partial or full awareness.

To obtain it, you can argue that you'll have to sign an important contract, etc

Have a good day!"

So it has to be done by a psychiatrist not a psychologist for them.

I though the same, that just to have mental competency would be a routine thing.

these are the reasons ive heard so far from the psychiatrists:

-we can only see you as an ongoing patient
-we are no longer taking new patients
-we can only help you with meds
-we can only help with treatments
-we can not help you because its unethical
-you have to be a resident of our state
-one said they do not have the experience to take on a complex ethical challenge such as this
-one called police, other one threatened to

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiburcio, Soon4me, Caerula and 2 others
dano6533

dano6533

Apr 30, 2018
Went to the psychiatrists to get mental competency and paid her 300 dollars just to have her say it is unethical. What a waste of time and money.

• Wow
Reactions: Wrennie, dwimplepeen213, Soon4me and 3 others
El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
Went to the psychiatrists to get mental competency and paid her 300 dollars just to have her say it is unethical. What a waste of time and money.

WTF they couldn't just tell you that over the phone??? Sorry to hear that man...

Reactions: dwimplepeen213, shattered dreams, Tiburcio and 1 other person
Shady33

Shady33

Student
May 25, 2018
I myself took the steps for assisted suicide in Switzerland. It is true that to have this certificate of mental capacity it is very difficult

dano6533

dano6533

Apr 30, 2018
I am now just going for the mental competency route with EX international. Not gonna mention the assisted suicide.

@El Topo: thanks, what a hassle it is to get this done
@Shady33: How much progress did you make on all of this? Was it for the mental illness route or what is for physical things?

Reactions: Soon4me, Tiburcio, anna and 1 other person
CatLover

CatLover

Jun 3, 2018
Wow, I had no idea that it was so hard. I got part way with dignitas but then when I realized how much it would cost to get their 'green light' I kind of left it hanging. Could you perhaps say it was for something else or not mention what it was for at all? Like say to the psychiatrist you need someone to evaluate you for a job or something to say that you are sane and competent and you just need a certificate?

Reactions: dwimplepeen213 and Caerula
dano6533

dano6533

Apr 30, 2018
@CatLover: thats what I am going to do now. EX International just say that you just need it for general reason. I will not mention the assisted suicide thing again. Soon as they hear that it is already over.

Reactions: Soon4me, CatLover, Caerula and 1 other person
Lucas

Lucas

May 26, 2018
If everything else fails, luckily we still got A. Then you can start your own little private suicide clinic at home, lol. :pfff:

Reactions: RainAndSadness and El Topo
dano6533

dano6533

Apr 30, 2018
life circle has now contacted me on the physical health grounds and is telling me that they have too much of a backlog of applicants

the psychiatrist i seen on Wednesday did nothing for me. I pay her 300 dollars to have her say my request is unethical and that what i am doing is a cry for help. And if I wanted to die I would just go to the store and buy a gun and shoot myself like my dad did.

This lady was outrageous. If I wanted to cry out for help I would go somewhere it did not cost 300 dollar per hour.

I have received paperwork in the mail from dignitas now and will be sending it in tomorrow.

It is very hard to exit life in a clinical, guaranteed, dignified, and professional manner. This is why people must take all of these risks, and there are so many disabled people from these attempts.

Reactions: Wrennie, Soon4me, anna and 3 others
El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
the psychiatrist i seen on Wednesday did nothing for me. I pay her 300 dollars to have her say my request is unethical and that what i am doing is a cry for help. And if I wanted to die I would just go to the store and buy a gun and shoot myself like my dad did.

This lady was outrageous. If I wanted to cry out for help I would go somewhere it did not cost 300 dollar per hour.

Fucking hell, that lady sounds ridiculous. And she's supposed to be helping people with their mental health!

I have received paperwork in the mail from dignitas now and will be sending it in tomorrow.

What exactly are you sending Dignitas? Don't you still need someone to approve your mental competency?

dano6533

dano6533

Apr 30, 2018
i am going to resubmit to them on the physical grounds I believe they will take my case as life circle would have taken my case if they had not been overbooked

Here is what life circle saying:

"For the moment we have to much applications, please try with an other organization in Switzerland. www.dignitas.ch.

Kind regards"

I am not sure if mental competency is needed for the physical grounds. I've only seen it on the mental illness grounds.

Reactions: Soon4me, Caerula, anna and 1 other person
El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
i am going to resubmit to them on the physical grounds I believe they will take my case as life circle would have taken my case if they had not been overbooked

Here is what life circle saying:

"For the moment we have to much applications, please try with an other organization in Switzerland. www.dignitas.ch.

Kind regards"

I am not sure if mental competency is needed for the physical grounds. I've only seen it on the mental illness grounds.

Okay I see, that makes sense about the mental competency.

It's amazing that Life Circle is overbooked. It just shows you just how much demand there is for this service...

Reactions: Wrennie and Caerula
anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
her say my request is unethical and that what i am doing is a cry for help. And if I wanted to die I would just go to the store and buy a gun and shoot myself like my dad did.

That's terrible
Most doctors stink

CantGoOn

CantGoOn

Jun 7, 2018
Wow, I had no idea that it was so hard. I got part way with dignitas but then when I realized how much it would cost to get their 'green light' I kind of left it hanging. Could you perhaps say it was for something else or not mention what it was for at all? Like say to the psychiatrist you need someone to evaluate you for a job or something to say that you are sane and competent and you just need a certificate?

The thing that really turned me off about dignitas, you have to pay them thousands of dollars and they may or may not give you the green light.
I had to send a second email to see if I was hearing them out right cause it seems so ridiculous. No refunds, they take the money then decide if you pass.

Reactions: Tiburcio, CatLover, Caerula and 1 other person
CatLover

CatLover

Jun 3, 2018
CantGoOn I didn't even consider that, since I didn't have the money so it wasn't going to happen anyway. To be honest, if I had the money I think there are other things I'd rather spend it on than Dignitas when I'd rather die in the comfort of my own home and there are cheaper methods anyway. I guess what you're paying for is that guarantee and certainty. I have several physical problems so I assumed that if I had the cash that I'd pass their requirements. I really would hope that they don't take people's money and then refuse - they told me that many people get their green light but don't go through with it. They find the fact that they have that option comforting but elect to live (at least for now). I guess some of those might return at a later date but others equally will not. Either way, they've clearly made a bunch of money out of people who are 'vulnerable' or whatever word you choose (I don't like that word). I might have to reevaluate my opinion of them.

Reactions: Wrennie, Caerula, Tiburcio and 1 other person
dano6533

dano6533

Apr 30, 2018
heard back from all 3 places:

Dignitas:
"Dear Mr x,

Thank you for your documents – we will assess them and give you an answer as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely
Dignitas Team"

EX International:
"Dear Mr x,

We received your registration fees, the membercard will be established soon. Normally it takes 2 weeks, so please be patient.
Have a great week end.
Kind regards,

xoxo"

Life Circle:
"Dear Mr. x

For the moment we have to much applications, please try with an other organization in Switzerland.
www.dignitas.ch.

Kind regards

xoxox, secretariat
xoxoxo@lifecircle.ch

Anyone else with chronic health problems trying to attempt this thing? If you are I'd like to hear from you.

Thank
cleardot.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Caerula and anna
V

VX1

Student
Jun 28, 2018
Here is what EX international is saying:

"Dear Sir,

Ex International was created in 1996 specially for non Swiss citizens, that means for all other countries.

You have the possibility to pass a mental test with any Psychiatrist. The result of the test gives you a number of points, which allow to attest partial or full awareness.

To obtain it, you can argue that you'll have to sign an important contract, etc

Have a good day!"......

By the poor spelling and the 'have a good day' that could well be an african scammer. Do they want a lump of money to proceed...?

dano6533

dano6533

Apr 30, 2018
they did not ask me for anything

they are legit

i got the contact from the peaceful pill handbook

english is not their native language