• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
Does anyone know if there sre other government programs that can help me on top of SSDI? I wont be receiving much from SSDI, and I am looking for a way to supplement what I receive.

My medications and treatment will be most of my SSDI check each month. So i just want to know if -

Are there state run programs also?
Would I be able to get SNAP?
Can I have Medicade and also Medicare?
I dont want to live in section 8 housing as I have read nightmares about those places so is there a program to help me with housing as well?
I will be going to the VA soon to start the process to receive benefits for being a veteran also not sure how long it takes?
Where can i find an advocate to help me?

Any information about these kinds of things would be helpful to me. If you dont want to post you can send me a DM with information as well.

I am trying to get back into the swing of things, but i cant really leave my home without having a panic attack or feeling scared.

They do not make this information easy to find and i dont have full congnitive function.

Thanks everyone <3

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Scribble Fan
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Good luck, glad you're ok.

• Hugs
Reactions: PatKat
PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
Good luck, glad you're ok.
I want to beat this I have before I do not want it to win. I just dont want to end up homeless trying to help myself. Thank you also.

• Hugs
Reactions: Halo13 and not_a_robot
Pistolero114

Pistolero114

Veteran
Jun 25, 2019
Does anyone know if there sre other government programs that can help me on top of SSDI? I wont be receiving much from SSDI, and I am looking for a way to supplement what I receive.

My medications and treatment will be most of my SSDI check each month. So i just want to know if -

I dont want to live in section 8 housing as I have read nightmares about those places so is there a program to help me with housing as well?
I will be going to the VA soon to start the process to receive benefits for being a veteran also not sure how long it takes?

Any information about these kinds of things would be helpful to me. If you dont want to post you can send me a DM with information as well.

I am trying to get back into the swing of things, but i cant really leave my home without having a panic attack or feeling scared.

They do not make this information easy to find and i dont have full congnitive function.

Thanks everyone <3
I too am a veteran. I receive medical treatment and care through the VA. In regards to the length of time to receive medical benefits that should be a matter of just a day or so to qualify. If you're near a VA and not sure what to do call the local veterans services number and tell them your situation. If you qualify and need assistance getting there look up the Disabled American Veterans organization and ask for help with transportation. If you're diagnosed with CI PTSD you probably qualify for disability payments through the VA. I'll watch your thread and see if I can offer anything else

• Hugs
cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019

Thanks everyone <3
www.211.org

www.benefits.gov

Go to those two sites listed above. They have surveys you can fill out, then you get a list of benefits.

For military:

In some states section 8 is mixed into regular neighborhoods. It's not the stereotypical housing projects.

Reactions: Halo13 and PatKat
PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
I too am a veteran. I receive medical treatment and care through the VA. In regards to the length of time to receive medical benefits that should be a matter of just a day or so to qualify. If you're near a VA and not sure what to do call the local veterans services number and tell them your situation. If you qualify and need assistance getting there look up the Disabled American Veterans organization and ask for help with transportation. If you're diagnosed with CI PTSD you probably qualify for disability payments through the VA. I'll watch your thread and see if I can offer anything else
I am already on SSDI and I do have PTSD, but the last time I went to the VA they said all my issues were preexisting before i joined. They do not let you join if you have these issues though so I dont know how to fight that even though its obvious and I have 22 years of medical records to prove it.
www.211.org

www.benefits.gov

Go to those two sites listed above. They have surveys you can fill out, then you get a list of benefits.

For military:

In some states section 8 is mixed into regular neighborhoods. It's not the stereotypical housing projects.
Thank you I will check these links out I knew about 211 but not the others. Thank you!

How would I find out the section 8 program details in my area is that through DHS?

Reactions: Halo13
Pistolero114

Pistolero114

Veteran
Jun 25, 2019
I am already on SSDI and I do have PTSD, but the last time I went to the VA they said all my issues were preexisting before i joined. They do not let you join if you have these issues though so I dont know how to fight that even though its obvious and I have 22 years of medical records to prove it.

Thank you I will check these links out I knew about 211 but not the others. Thank you!

How would I find out the section 8 program details in my area is that through DHS?
I think if they're still and agency that Housing And Urban Development (HUD) would be a good place to start

been_there

been_there

Life cares only for itself.
Jun 5, 2019
I am already on SSDI and I do have PTSD, but the last time I went to the VA they said all my issues were preexisting before i joined. They do not let you join if you have these issues though
Geez that is so shit. My heart goes out to vets who aren't supported properly. I hope you are OK.

PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
Geez that is so shit. My heart goes out to vets who aren't supported properly. I hope you are OK.
Trying to be okay its not very easy. They make everything so confusing and never tell you about any programs to help. I have been trying to get an advocate, but I cannot find one. They expect everyone to be "normal" I have brain damage and a TBI I cannot do this stuff alone and they treat me horribly :(

Reactions: Halo13
been_there

been_there

Life cares only for itself.
Jun 5, 2019
I have found (on other MH issues) it very difficult to find the organisations who actually help individuals with practical issues. Most are more general charities that individuals can't approach.

These links may be useful, if you've been through this already I apologise. They say on the website that if you have an office near you they will give practical help.

DAV Provides free, professional assistance to veterans of all generations in obtaining VA and other government benefits earned through service.

https://www.dav.org/veterans/find-your-local-office/ find local office who help with claiming
https://www.dav.org/veterans/resources/ links to care and other resources

https://www.aapd.com/advocacy/veterans/ other more general links and resources here