AspergersX

AspergersX

Life is worth losing !
Sep 4, 2019
Could a relationship work better if I date an introvert/aspie woman like me rather than a normal social one ?

Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae
WearyWanderer

WearyWanderer

Student
Nov 3, 2019
Hi AspergersX. Possibly, yea. I'm a self-diagnosed Aspie with minimal relationship experience, but just thought I'd share my two cents. Personally, I think there are many different factors along with neurodivergence which can play a role in how well a relationship works but understanding each other is definitely one factor. Although I've realized that Aspies can be just as different from each other as NT's, I think the one thing we have in common is that we can understand each other's flaws and mistakes more than an NT would. I've also read of some Aspies dating people with other mental health disorders like schizophrenia.
One difficult part is miscommunication and sayi g things that you don't realize could be taken the wrong way. Even though I can accidentally be insensitive to others, ironically I'm hella sensitive about the way people say things to me. But, I guess communication barriers and learning curves exist in any relationship, whether NT or Aspie/NT or Aspie/Aspie or insert here / insert here.

I also agree that for many Aspies, dating an introvert is miles better than an extrovert. For me, dating an extrovert kinda sounds like my worst nightmare.

Anyway, I don't know how helpful this was, but I hope it was able to offer you some shred of comfort. Sorry about everything you're going through.

Last edited:
Reactions: Science Is Scary, azucaramargo and mediocre