weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Hi guys, I had another blazing argument with my mother today and I wanted to ask any Brits out there for some advice. She's made it clear she wants me out of the house asap even if that means telling the council she is kicking me out on a specific date.

Living with her affects both mine and her health massively because we can't work together on anything, people have told me to learn to compromise but the thing is that compromise works both ways. I genuinely feel that if I'm here much longer I'll be forced to fasttrack my ctb beyond the timeframe I was hoping.

What do I do? What is the best way to free myself even relying totally on benefits and being unable to do most things for myself but having to anyway. I have no mental health worker but do have an endocrinologist for a lifelong condition and currently waiting on some surgery which will involve being asleep, I have had two stays in psych wards, unsure if any of this could help my case depending on who I reached out to.

Anyone? :/ thanks

Reactions: Dartz, Johnnythefox, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
Eden2k

Eden2k

Experienced
Nov 20, 2018
You could speak with your GP and explain your housing situation and how it is affecting your mental health and ask them if they can put this in writing. There is usually a fee for GP to do this, but it could help to improve your chances. If you declare yourself homeless with your local council, and have your mother confirm that she is kicking you out, this should also improve your chances of being rehomed.
To be honest, securing social housing in the U.K especially if not in employment, is extremely difficult.
Waiting lists are long and priority is only given to those in exceptional circumstances.
Too many people need housing and not enough social housing properties.

Reactions: Dartz, Johnnythefox, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
You could speak with your GP and explain your housing situation and how it is affecting your mental health and ask them if they can put this in writing. There is usually a fee for GP to do this, but it could help to improve your chances. If you declare yourself homeless with your local council, and have your mother confirm that she is kicking you out, this should also improve your chances of being rehomed.
To be honest, securing social housing in the U.K especially if not in employment, is extremely difficult.
Waiting lists are long and priority is only given to those in exceptional circumstances.
Too many people need housing and not enough social housing properties.
For sure.. Thanks, I'm going to send a letter to my gp explaining everything and see what they say. Even if you give special reasons you're lucky to get band 2 if you're not a single parent.

Reactions: Johnnythefox, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w and 1 other person
Eden2k

Eden2k

Experienced
Nov 20, 2018
For sure.. Thanks, I'm going to send a letter to my gp explaining everything and see what they say. Even if you give special reasons you're lucky to get band 2 if you're not a single parent.
It's almost near impossible to be put in band two if you are a single person. So many homeless people in my city, who have additional needs, but not a priority. The housing system is broken in the U.K.

Ps- good luck

Reactions: Chinaski, Johnnythefox, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
On the ward i spoke to some patients and i was suprised that some were happy to be there. If you under section you get social workers m, advocate etc so they help the patients get housing if they have nowhere to return to one girl 27ish is waiting for a place in supported housing another 2 been given their own flats. Of course it would mean being in hospital again but tbh i wish i hadnt come out so soon because now im facing being evicted as im 2 months behind on rent, baliffs calling me, run out of sick pay at work and dont qualify for the support i would have if i were still in hospital

Reactions: Johnnythefox, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w and 1 other person
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Hi guys, I had another blazing argument with my mother today and I wanted to ask any Brits out there for some advice. She's made it clear she wants me out of the house asap even if that means telling the council she is kicking me out on a specific date.

Living with her affects both mine and her health massively because we can't work together on anything, people have told me to learn to compromise but the thing is that compromise works both ways. I genuinely feel that if I'm here much longer I'll be forced to fasttrack my ctb beyond the timeframe I was hoping.

What do I do? What is the best way to free myself even relying totally on benefits and being unable to do most things for myself but having to anyway. I have no mental health worker but do have an endocrinologist for a lifelong condition and currently waiting on some surgery which will involve being asleep, I have had two stays in psych wards, unsure if any of this could help my case depending on who I reached out to.

Sorry to hear this.
Parents can be like a different breed at times,I am sure.
Have you thought about citizens advice as they can be very helpful.
If you make an appointment they will be able to go through your options and give you relevant contact details.
Good luck. Moving away from home was the best thing I ever did.

Reactions: weedoge, Johnnythefox, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Sorry to say, but it has already been pointed out.
If you are single then there is no chance of social housing. Only options are the private sector, a bedsit is the cheapest, sharing amenities with others.
Studio flats or one bedroom flat.
I don't know the ins and outs of the benefits system so can't comment on what housing benefit is available. Then again a deposit is also required.
Sorry to hear of your predicament as I've been down that road and I'm sure many others on here have also.

Reactions: Jane Doe, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Eden2k
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
On the ward i spoke to some patients and i was suprised that some were happy to be there. If you under section you get social workers m, advocate etc so they help the patients get housing if they have nowhere to return to one girl 27ish is waiting for a place in supported housing another 2 been given their own flats. Of course it would mean being in hospital again but tbh i wish i hadnt come out so soon because now im facing being evicted as im 2 months behind on rent, baliffs calling me, run out of sick pay at work and dont qualify for the support i would have if i were still in hospital
Tbh being in hospital for the first time was the only way I actually got offered real help that was beneficial for me, unfortunately that was a pretty special hospital, last time I was in the local place it was awful and got left with no support at all even though they promised me something.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Shewaitsforme and Eden2k
H

HannibalLector

Student
Jul 5, 2018
It breaks my heart to read about your current misfortune. You seem like a genuinely sweet girl. I like your unique and valuable insights and they way you communicate them.

It breaks my heart to read about your current misfortune. You seem like a genuinely nice girl. I like your unique and valuable insights and the way you communicate them. I have not yet made c otherwise i would have sent it to you for christmas present. (im disgust when families support dont extends beyond their legal responsibilities) (these parents obviously feel they have greater quality of life (living alone) when their children live on the street, and they reason that they got the legal and moral ground for it since their children turned 18)

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals