targz

targz

Feb 22, 2023
Power drill Link

Almost in tears reading these comments. Holy shit, I can't imagine the thought of going through much of this.
Incomprehensible how anyone wants to live to see what tomorrow holds.

• Informative
Reactions: unique snowflake and pthnrdnojvsc
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
Tooth pain was the worst pain ever! If I could have found a bridge I would have jumped 🥲 I read an article years later that stated a man jumped to his death because of tooth pain and now I clearly understood his pain! It

• Hugs
Reactions: DeadHead, whywere and Kerrtu
SadPingu

SadPingu

Go out like a spark, my trauma and me.
Jul 27, 2023
Tooth pain was the worst pain ever! If I could have found a bridge I would have jumped 🥲 I read an article years later that stated a man jumped to his death because of tooth pain and now I clearly understood his pain! It
During lockdown I read a story about a dentist who went to his own surgery and did an extraction on himself because he couldn't take the pain of his toothache anymore.

Reactions: Kerrtu and Stormy Raine
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Apr 7, 2023
Remember that movie Cast Away and the man pulled his own tooth because of the pain? Lol it's that serious

T

thetrout

Jul 25, 2023
Broken neck in a car crash. C1-C2. But the pain didn't happen till way after the fact. Crazy. But yeah. It was pretty fucking painful.

• Hugs
Reactions: Stormy Raine, whywere and Kerrtu
S

Slark

Apr 30, 2023
I already had an endoscopy and a colonoscopy awake, because they gave me a weak anesthesia. I felt like I was being stabbed from the inside, the colonoscopy was terrible as they inflate your intestines for the device to pass through. Anyway, I think these were my worst experiences with pain

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Kerrtu and whywere
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Apr 7, 2023
O
I already had an endoscopy and a colonoscopy awake, because they gave me a weak anesthesia. I felt like I was being stabbed from the inside, the colonoscopy was terrible as they inflate your intestines for the device to pass through. Anyway, I think these were my worst experiences with pain
OMG why did they leave u awake? Did you ever tell them to stop it hurts?? I'm sorry that sounds awful 😢

• Aww..
Reactions: Oncologynurz123 and Kerrtu
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
When I woke up in ICU after a very nasty car crash. Even thou I was on a full dosage of Fentanyl the pain was truly unbelievable. With a broken sternum, and part of my spinal cord ripped out of the back base of my brain, it was living hell.

Walter

• Wow
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Oncologynurz123, Kerrtu and Jealous Blackheart
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
Broken neck in a car crash. C1-C2. But the pain didn't happen till way after the fact. Crazy. But yeah. It was pretty fucking painful.

Broken neck/cervical vertebrae fracture solidarity.

This is the second time I hear of someone being awake during endoscopy. When my ex husband told me they didn't give him anesthesia I was shook. Cannot imagine the pain, I felt so bad. Grateful they knocked me out when I had mine. A colonoscopy awake I consider torture. I am so sorry you had to go through that 💔

I was fully under anesthesia when I had the colonoscopy in June however before that, in April, they performed a procedure which they claimed would be "mildly uncomfortable."

Yeah, right.

Anorectal manometry - they basically have a person lay on their left side and stuck a long rubber tube up the ass. The tube has a balloon attached to it and once it's up there, they ask to take a deep breathe and hold as they they inflate the balloon. I was legitimately shaking uncontrollably on the table - it was horrific. This lasted 30 minutes. Each time the doctor would inflate it more, to the point I couldn't take it. I was crying. There was a private bathroom in the room and by the time I went to change and get myself together, I was a bleeding mess. I was not the same after that, and I should've trusted my gut not to proceed with that appointment.

I've been sick since December - diagnosed in July I have early stage colon cancer, a 4th degree hemorrhoid which they chose to hold off on removing during the colonoscopy. Excruciating. I've lost nearly half my body weight since this began back in December. I can barely eat, hair is falling out. The pain was so bad one night recently I was gritting my teeth and cracked a molar in half.

At that point I was very seriously considering using pliers to yank the tooth out myself.

As it stands today, I'm scheduled to go in for surgery in September but I don't want to bother anymore. I'm exhausted.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Oncologynurz123, Rogue Proxy, Larysa and 1 other person
S

Slark

Apr 30, 2023
O

OMG why did they leave u awake? Did you ever tell them to stop it hurts?? I'm sorry that sounds awful 😢
There are some types of anesthesia for procedures such as colonoscopy, and depending on which one you choose, you may not pass out. They even noticed that I was awake, but they didn't stop and with the effect of the anesthesia I couldn't react, I just stood still and grunted a little in pain, it was horrible. Today, when I go for an exam like that, I talk about my experience and ask them to make me sleep. Thank you for your concern!!

• Aww..
Reactions: whywere, Stormy Raine and Kerrtu
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Apr 7, 2023
There are some types of anesthesia for procedures such as colonoscopy, and depending on which one you choose, you may not pass out. They even noticed that I was awake, but they didn't stop and with the effect of the anesthesia I couldn't react, I just stood still and grunted a little in pain, it was horrible. Today, when I go for an exam like that, I talk about my experience and ask them to make me sleep. Thank you for your concern!!
I hear these type stories and never understand how this can happen. Now with you explaining it makes sense. Thanks for sharing and im sorry about your experience 🥰

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Slark and whywere
SadPingu

SadPingu

Go out like a spark, my trauma and me.
Jul 27, 2023
In the UK you get sedation for colonoscopy but you aren't asleep but you'll probably not remember it.
Endoscopy you tend not to get anything (they do offer you a numbing spray which just makes the swallowing harder.) I've had 2 (never a colonoscopy though) and found them no bother but then I've heard other people find it awful. 😞

• Hugs
Reactions: Slark
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
For me- gallstone attacks with a gallstone eventually moving into the bile duct. The nurse said they pulled out a load of disgusting sludge in the ERCP (Endoscopy with stone removal.) The first attack though I thought it was a heart attack. I was hoping I would die, so I didn't phone for an ambulance. It became very tedious after numerous attacks where it was obvious that I wouldn't die- just be in a whole lot of pain. I'm sure there are worse pains out there but that is my worst to date.

• Hugs
Reactions: DeadHead and whywere
T

Tulip<3

Student
Aug 16, 2023
Hands down endometriosis. Multiple trips to A&E on gas and air and morphine. But honestly, when they made me get a coil fitted at 20, that pain was probably the worst. Felt like I was being tortured. Literally screaming and crying on the bed. The reason it was so painful for me was due to the endo, and I'm not surprised because even sex hurts so no wonder forcing a device through your cervix is so painful.

• Hugs
Reactions: DeadHead, Letmedienow, tora and 1 other person
jaxxon_sunn

jaxxon_sunn

Un jour je serai de retour près de toi
May 10, 2023
For me, it would be eye surgery. Age 15-19 I had chalazions that would be common and swell my eyes up. I was so insecure because of it and I couldn't look people in the eye. So I would go to the doctor and they didn't really know what caused it. I tried the hot compresses but they weren't effective so I would have to get the excess oil scraped out with tools. The doctor would do a numbing shot in a few parts of my eyes and after that they put in something metal to keep my eyes open. That part hurt already but the actual scraping and tools was the worst pain ever. The numbing shots didnt help much as I could still feel pain just from the pressure of the tools in my eyes. I would describe it as it felt like satans claws scraping at my eyes. I had to do this surgery multiple times and sometimes in both eyes. Thankfully the chalazions went away and haven't come back since. But it actually shaped my eyes and affected how they look a bit.

Letmedienow

Letmedienow

Aug 17, 2023
I was on the lower level of a boat with my hands resting on the sides of the hatch that went up to the upper deck. Someone came by and closed it on my fingers. It took a lot of screaming before they noticed and opened the hatch. Luckily nothing was broken but all my fingers were swollen and bruised. I was drunk when it happened so I think it helped numb some of the pain but it was terrible. I then went to lay in a bed downstairs and was SAd. Super great times. 👌

omarofficial10

omarofficial10

Always tired
Sep 8, 2023
broke my hip at 20 years old. not fun. only part of the reason why I'm ctb

• Hugs
Reactions: Costrecce
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Waking up after a 6 hour long surgery to have a giant tumor removed from my ovary (as well as GI tract) and not being given any painkillers except paracetamol.

• Aww..
Reactions: Costrecce
Costrecce

Costrecce

Just a lil Dragon lad
Aug 21, 2023
In a physical sense, maybe when I had some vomiting disease as a kid. It felt like I was vomiting my organs out. Also, used to have a lot of really painful stomach problems younger, but those ended a long time which is good

Reactions: DeadHead
D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
Broken ribs....oh and that time I sewed through my thumb (and nail) on a sewing machine and the needle broke off inside my finger and nail.

turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead

currently starving
Sep 9, 2023
the worst pain i had to endure was me in the hospital after a car crash it happened when i was very young (5 years old i think) like the person who was driving drove the car right into some1s fence that was made out of brick but i did manage to hit my head super hard n glass shards were everywhere

dead-yaga

dead-yaga

muddy moon
Oct 24, 2020
ive developed tricks in my brain to block out unpleasant experiences like that, but one thing i remember is if i stand too long or walk too much i struggle with not passing out because it feels like iron nails are being hammered into the soles of my feet.
ive developed tricks in my brain to block out unpleasant experiences like that, but one thing i remember is if i stand too long or walk too much i struggle with not passing out because it feels like iron nails are being hammered into the soles of my feet.

Last edited:
redeyepiranha

redeyepiranha

Jun 22, 2022
Bladder stones, felt like I was pissing acid

• Aww..
Reactions: whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Bladder stones, felt like I was pissing acid
Huge hugs to you my good friend. I hope that you are doing great now.

Lots of hugs and love to you my fellow family member here. Having no family nor friends. this site and you are family.

Walter

Reactions: redeyepiranha
N

nessun_nome

Student
May 7, 2023
View attachment 109777Link

Almost in tears reading these comments. Holy shit, I can't imagine the thought of going through much of this.
Incomprehensible how anyone wants to live to see what tomorrow holds.

Haematoma - bleeding inside my leg. The pressure got so high the leg burst (and then I had a blood fountain). Morphine didn't touch it.

• Aww..
SenseOfLoss

SenseOfLoss

life could have been so beautiful
Feb 24, 2023
Pelvic fracture caused by an accident

• Aww..
redeyepiranha

redeyepiranha

Jun 22, 2022
Huge hugs to you my good friend. I hope that you are doing great now.

Lots of hugs and love to you my fellow family member here. Having no family nor friends. this site and you are family.

Walter
Thanks a lot for your kindness, I recovered, I hope you are doing great too. Sending hugs