bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
"After enjoying for a short time the unusual luxury of air, some water was brought; it was then that the extent of their sufferings was exposed in a fearful manner. They all rushed like maniacs towards it. No entreaties or threats or blows could restrain them; they shrieked and struggled and fought with one another for a drop of this precious liquid, as if they grew rabid at the sight of it."

"Some enslaved men and women refused to eat, hoping to starve themselves to death. This might involve holding food in their mouths and then spitting it out when the crew weren't looking although this could lead to floggings and force-feedings as punishment. "

"Leaping overboard to drown was another means of escape. There are moving descriptions of enslaved Africans jumping into the sea together, holding hands or embracing until the end. This tactic was not as easy as it might seem since many slave ships had netting to stop people jumping overboard. 'Could I have got over the nettings,' wrote one man who managed to escape from slavery, 'I would have jumped over the side but I could not'. Even if a person could make it into the sea, the crew might send a boat out to 'rescue' them."

Can you just try to picture how much suffering and abuse it must take for you to prefer to jump off a slave boat into the ocean with sharks and stuff in hopes to drown? Im glad i didn't grow up in that time as a black person. That must be the true breaking point. It literally must have been hell. I still want to ctb but it makes me feel a bit lucky my life want as bad compared to what they had to go through.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, lv-gras, Maravillosa and 4 others
BlackDragonof1989

BlackDragonof1989

Mage
Jul 12, 2018
Same, I can only imagine. We can be so cruel to one another.

Reactions: lv-gras
N

ningaman151

Experienced
Jul 28, 2018
It's fucked up. It all seems random.

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989
Iwant2sleepforever

Iwant2sleepforever

Experienced
Sep 8, 2018
Humanity has done so many horrible things.

bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
All animals do horrible things, we are not special.
I'll admit nature is scary as fuck but people do horrible things just for the sake of doing horrible things.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Deleted member 1768, BlackDragonof1989 and 1 other person
N

ningaman151

Experienced
Jul 28, 2018
I'll admit nature is scary as fuck but people do horrible things just for the sake of doing horrible things.
Not really, people do horrible things for a reason. For pleasure, for power, whatever. Same thing as animals.

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989, Deleted member 1768 and Iwant2sleepforever
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
"After enjoying for a short time the unusual luxury of air, some water was brought; it was then that the extent of their sufferings was exposed in a fearful manner. They all rushed like maniacs towards it. No entreaties or threats or blows could restrain them; they shrieked and struggled and fought with one another for a drop of this precious liquid, as if they grew rabid at the sight of it."

"Some enslaved men and women refused to eat, hoping to starve themselves to death. This might involve holding food in their mouths and then spitting it out when the crew weren't looking although this could lead to floggings and force-feedings as punishment. "

"Leaping overboard to drown was another means of escape. There are moving descriptions of enslaved Africans jumping into the sea together, holding hands or embracing until the end. This tactic was not as easy as it might seem since many slave ships had netting to stop people jumping overboard. 'Could I have got over the nettings,' wrote one man who managed to escape from slavery, 'I would have jumped over the side but I could not'. Even if a person could make it into the sea, the crew might send a boat out to 'rescue' them."

Can you just try to picture how much suffering and abuse it must take for you to prefer to jump off a slave boat into the ocean with sharks and stuff in hopes to drown? Im glad i didn't grow up in that time as a black person. That must be the true breaking point. It literally must have been hell. I still want to ctb but it makes me feel a bit lucky my life want as bad compared to what they had to go through.
Not all slaves were black. Every country traded lives, enslaved, tortured, killed. No one was exempt. It is the same now as it has always been. The only difference in the times is money. If you do not work, you do not eat/get meds./doctors/housing. In short you MUST do what, the boss wants...cannot afford to lose your job. No place to live? How do you get a job? Who comes to your aid? How can you get from under. There are an incredible number of people on this site who in dire straits . All for the want of money. More than anything I would like to see a "thread", (not sure if I am using the right word) dedicated to the physical needs of those who come here.
Is it not peculiar that we talk about the mental/spiritual issues and refute the rest? If you were living in your car, would you not yearn for someone, anyone to care? Then why not? Why not reach out to our friends and neighbours on here? To alleviate suffering is the greatest gift we have. We know what it means to be alone. We know what if feels like to be nothing, have nothing.
Could it not be done in a similar fashion to the partners site? A resource section of a different kind. I have a hide-a-bed, I live in Canada, you can borrow my couch...welcome....smile.

Reactions: lv-gras, akosineenee and BlackDragonof1989
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
Not really, people do horrible things for a reason. For pleasure, for power, whatever. Same thing as animals.
Animals are not self aware enough to conceptualize that though. Humans do and are fully aware yet still choose to do horrible things. I agree though people do get pleasure/feel power out of it but they know it makes the world worse because of it so they still do it to for the sake of making the world worse off.

Reactions: akosineenee and BlackDragonof1989
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
Not all slaves were black. Every country traded lives, enslaved, tortured, killed. No one was exempt. It is the same now as it has always been. The only difference in the times is money. If you do not work, you do not eat/get meds./doctors/housing. In short you MUST do what, the boss wants...cannot afford to lose your job. No place to live? How do you get a job? Who comes to your aid? How can you get from under. There are an incredible number of people on this site who in dire straits . All for the want of money. More than anything I would like to see a "thread", (not sure if I am using the right word) dedicated to the physical needs of those who come here.
Is it not peculiar that we talk about the mental/spiritual issues and refute the rest? If you were living in your car, would you not yearn for someone, anyone to care? Then why not? Why not reach out to our friends and neighbours on here? To alleviate suffering is the greatest gift we have. We know what it means to be alone. We know what if feels like to be nothing, have nothing.
Could it not be done in a similar fashion to the partners site? A resource section of a different kind. I have a hide-a-bed, I live in Canada, you can borrow my couch...welcome....smile.
I appreciate that and completely agree. Our actions in trying to help each other get out of depression is what makes a difference in alleviating suffering. But for me I'm at the point where i can't be helped through any means that will rid me of my depression. But that doesn't mean others on here don't have a chance at beating depression .

Reactions: lv-gras, Deleted member 1768 and BlackDragonof1989
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
Animals are not self aware enough to conceptualize that though. Humans do and are fully aware yet still choose to do horrible things. I agree though people do get pleasure/feel power out of it but they know it makes the world worse because of it so they still do it to for the sake of making the world worse off.

I appreciate that and completely agree. Our actions in trying to help each other get out of depression is what makes a difference in alleviating suffering. But for me I'm at the point where i can't be helped through any means that will rid me of my depression. But that doesn't mean others on here don't have a chance at beating depression .
Sorry, I think about it as desperation...at least for some...

D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
No, not all of us can. You are quite right Big.