S

SHARKY26

Feb 4, 2023
I would like some honest feedback on my artwork. I'm not the best artist but I tried. If you
Want any art work just message me and I'll will give you the untagged version
1000001455 1000001454 1000001453 1000001452 1000001450 1000001449 1000001443 1000001446

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Forever Sleep, Crono and 1 other person
greywings

greywings

floating; sinking
Mar 4, 2022
i can't give a pro's opinion, and i may not fully catch the intent in each piece, but as someone who enjoys i think you have some great pieces here! in particular, i like the tree, the rain, the silhouette against the bricks, and the other full body figure in the grey and black tones.

i'm a fan of juxtaposition like with the tree, and can appreciate that you have a little of each in the other at the base of it there. creeping in or draining out it's cool! the train running along the arm strikes me as a clever visual metaphor, and mixes in elements i'm personally fond of. the sihouette against the brick is good looking to me from the placement of the figure to the diagonal gradient, which i could take a couple of different ways. the figure in grey and black, with that pose and effect on the body, is framed nicely in the midst of the more negative space and gives me a feeling i don't really have the right words to describe at the moment...i feel like i'd need more time to think on it, but visually it's pleasing.

secondarily i like the concept of the noose around the heart and like the ideas with the hand reaching for the floating device, and the bleeding arm with the text against it. honestly looking at the hand reaching i'm very interested in the way the water was done and the sharp looking wrapping around the floating device. another good metaphor but difficult for me to take in against the upper portion's background. i like the horizontal layers of the background on the bleeding arm, and maybe this is a mater of personal taste, but i feel like it would benefit from alternate positioning of the text or arm. i like the way the word "deeper" runs under the arn, with the letters getting taller and really emphasicing it, but the others don't hold a similar or supporting effect to me...maybe because they cut across the image at a slightly different angle from the background? though i understand where they are due to the hand's position and the canvas' constraints. for the noose around the heart i like the snug fit around it and the direction of the rope, as well as how the end bit is centered. i don't have a lot to say with regards to the bridge, but hopefully someone else can give their feedback.

hm...favorite is probably the train and the arm for sure. nice work, i hope you have the energy to make more pieces in the near future!!

S

SHARKY26

Feb 4, 2023
Thanks your feedback means a lot I'll try do some of your suggestion on my next piece