Y

youareforgiven

Aug 10, 2022
Hi,

I am curious if there are some "experts" here that could comment on this article I found :

Look for Aljazeera nitrogen on google.

It says nitrogen death is worse and the person would know they are dying from the inside out. Normally I ignore these articles, but this is a Physician in anesthesiology so I think it should be taken somewhat seriously.

Any thoughts (from experts)?

• Informative
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: etherealspring, locked*n*loaded, kinderbueno and 1 other person
D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
Hi,

I am curious if there are some "experts" here that could comment on this article I found :

It says nitrogen death is worse and the person would know they are dying from the inside out. Normally I ignore these articles, but this is a Physician in anesthesiology so I think it should be taken somewhat seriously.

🙁

E

emma99

Student
Jul 31, 2024
This podcast features Philip Nitschke (Dr Death) in conversation with Fiona Stewart., Give it a listen if you want an explanation of what went wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: nihilistic_dragon
Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
Hi,

Yeah, exactly. That's why I don't trust nitrogen, SN, N, etc.

F

Fakefriendhate_Maxx

I just hope my death makes more sense than my life
May 18, 2024
I think they wouldn't say death from nitrogen, death from CO, death from whatever is peaceful... Not in public. I think it's for the reason, they don't want to support suicides...
And if done properly, you'll just do it once. If there is some suffering from this method, you'll just suffer one last time again... 🕊️
Yeah, exactly. That's why I don't trust nitrogen, SN, N, etc.
In which method do you trust then ? Hanging, jumping, cyanid poisoning, rat poison ?
Nembutal should be the most peaceful death on earth, there are so much reports. Don't let yourself be fooled by such statements.

Reactions: Forever Sleep, 3/4Dead and nihilistic_dragon
Y

youareforgiven

Aug 10, 2022
Yeah so i studied his work and there are 2 YouTube videos where this Physician speaks about this and his arguments are:

- In the 60s there was a experiment done with people and within 15 tot 20 sec of pure nitrogen there had a seizure and stopped breathing. It could be with a seizure that breathing starts again and you die slowely.
- In Mice there are no positive results.
- If you eat before this and go into seizure and then start breathing again that food can get into your longs.
- we don't know if it is painless, because we cannot ask(?).

I think he measures it against a painless death and he is right, there is no quarantee that this is painless. But how many people on earth die a painless death without a struggle of 5 till 10 minutes? I think that percentage is very low so what to say?

Reactions: AndroidAmongHumans and 3/4Dead
E

emma99

Student
Jul 31, 2024
- In the 60s there was a experiment done with people and within 15 tot 20 sec of pure nitrogen there had a seizure and stopped breathing. It could be with a seizure that breathing starts again and you die slowely.
- In Mice there are no positive results.
- If you eat before this and go into seizure and then start breathing again that food can get into your longs.
Source?

Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
I think they wouldn't say death from nitrogen, death from CO, death from whatever is peaceful... Not in public. I think it's for the reason, they don't want to support suicides...
And if done properly, you'll just do it once. If there is some suffering from this method, you'll just suffer one last time again... 🕊️

In which method do you trust then ? Hanging, jumping, cyanid poisoning, rat poison ?
Nembutal should be the most peaceful death on earth, there are so much reports. Don't let yourself be fooled by such statements.
I trust quite a few methods, but I say that hanging in a secluded place is the least painful and most reliable death.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I think it's impossible to know if any method is truly painless. Dead people tell no tales. Then we'd need to get into the semantics about exactly what "painless" means, when/how does awareness of pain cease, etc. Even with all of the medical "understanding" we have today, I still think many of these types of "concepts" are still shrouded in a degree of mystery.

Reactions: landslide2
Y

youareforgiven

Aug 10, 2022
You can find it on YouTube, his name + nitrogen and there is one around 5 minutes and one from 1 hour and 47 minutes or so. There is where he talks about it.

D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
I think it's impossible to know if any method is truly painless. Dead people tell no tales. Then we'd need to get into the semantics about exactly what "painless" means, when/how does awareness of pain cease, etc. Even with all of the medical "understanding" we have today, I still think many of these types of "concepts" are still shrouded in a degree of mystery.
I guess the guaranteed painless one is to bypass existence completely, i.e never to be born, but again we don't know what lies outside this realm !

Y

youareforgiven

Aug 10, 2022
I trust quite a few methods, but I say that hanging in a secluded place is the least painful and most reliable death.
Why do you think it is better then the nitrogen way? Just out of curiousity.
THE EFFECT OF BRIEF PROFOUND HYPOXIA UPON THE ARTERIAL AND VENOUS OXYGEN TENSIONS IN MAN if you google that you find the article he is talking about from the 60's.

Last edited:
Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
Why do you think it is better then the nitrogen way? Just out of curiousity.
Well, I don't want to start a debate, but there's a testimonial of a US inmate that got executed using nitrogen and the witnesses describe him to have suffered enormously for... I believe 20 minutes. And the reason why I think hanging is better is because if you do it right it's guaranteed to knock you unconscious within 20 seconds and you should die within 30 minutes. Note that both hanging and nitrogen require you to not be interrupted or you could end up with brain damage.

Hope this helps

Reactions: thot88 and divinemistress36