S

sihaam

Oct 10, 2020
So I have arranged a death date which is in a few months and I have a few questions.

1) how do I ask my GP for an advanced care directive? I don't want to be brought back to life if I am found dead or "brain dead". My GP knows that I am depressed and I don't want it to seem suspicious that I'm asking for an ACD because I plan on ending my own life so how do I ask without raising further questions? Because I am such a bad lier.

2) how do I prepare for when I am dead? I want to be cremated if possible and considering my family's beliefs I know they won't allow it. So how do I express this and does it cost money to be cremated?

3) where will my student debt go when I die? I don't want my family to take on that burden so I'm not sure if I should pay it of. How can I help my family once I have passed away how much will they need financially to cover my funeral?

4) I basically have no experience in life whats so every. Still a virgin, never drank alcohol never did drugs and I'm 25. So what are some things I must do before I die?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, NeverSatisfied, Wrennie and 3 others
Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
Sorry I didn't understand your first point. On the second, you could mention it in the farewell letter but the last decision will be made by the living. Where I live the approximate cost for incineration is € 1200 (what a robbery).
I do not control the debt issue but it would surely end up in charge of a relative (?), The truth is that I do not know.
If you think you have some experiences to live, don't be in a hurry for CTB yet :hug: . I'm 27, also a virgin and I don't drink a lot of alcohol (but I smoke weed), it's not like you miss a lot either. Maybe there is some other experience you want to have before you die.

Reactions: NeverSatisfied
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
1) Should be able to do this without a GP I would think. Lawyer?

2) Needs to be in your last will and testament that you are not to be buried and that you are to be cremated, and leave funds in an account to do it or direct your life insurance proceeds to do it. If your will is seen as valid by the court which it will be if you do it properly, then 100% this must be followed. You need to make sure you CTB in a manner that gets the authorities involved so your family cant just bury you ASAP and claim "we didn't find the will". A great way to do this is to try to get your body found by cops or searchers first.

3) If you are a US citizen you need to put your assets in a type of trust to pass them to your heirs easily. If you set this up correctly with a lawyer the student loan creditors won't be able to go after your assets in your estate. The long story short on debt in the US is that your heirs cannot be held responsible for it (unless they are co-signers). However any of your assets will be seized by creditors in the probate.

If you have significant assets, which for purposes here I would define as tens of thousands, and you are absolutely 100% sure of CTB then you absolutely need to set up an irrevocable trust or similar to get your assets to bypass probate. Setting your bank accounts to pay on death may also be effective but its more iffy.

If you are not a US citizen you still may be able to do this as the legal system is usually quite similar in anglo countries.

4) I highly suggest taking out as many credit cards as you can, maxing them out, and using the money obtained from them to enjoy any last experiences. Alternatively you can max out the CCs and donate to charity, find ways to buy things for your family that they won't see until after you CTB. Anything you can do to spite the large banks and force them to take losses on their balance sheet.

Last edited:
Reactions: voyager, patheticpartner, enuff and 2 others
Toonloon

Toonloon

Experienced
Nov 17, 2020
U can write in ur note do not recesitate. Student loans who ever co signed the loan will have to pay off when you ctb.

Tell ur doctor it's in case you're in a car accident or some other unforseen event that's why you are asking about pulling plug in case of coma.

But they usually have you name another person to make the call.
You can try and find someone whose open to your choice. Or an advocate near you who will pull the plug.

Make a list of what you want to try and experience. Do them.

M

MinnesotaSadness

Apr 21, 2020
if you have the money, I recommend eating everything you want and go to every single restaurant that serves tasty food before you die. I'm not even joking cause in my case eating is the only joy in my life.

Reactions: Buttercup2.0, Astral316, voyager and 1 other person
Nicebuddimtim

Nicebuddimtim

Ghost
Jun 28, 2020
So I have arranged a death date which is in a few months and I have a few questions.

1) how do I ask my GP for an advanced care directive? I don't want to be brought back to life if I am found dead or "brain dead". My GP knows that I am depressed and I don't want it to seem suspicious that I'm asking for an ACD because I plan on ending my own life so how do I ask without raising further questions? Because I am such a bad lier.

2) how do I prepare for when I am dead? I want to be cremated if possible and considering my family's beliefs I know they won't allow it. So how do I express this and does it cost money to be cremated?

3) where will my student debt go when I die? I don't want my family to take on that burden so I'm not sure if I should pay it of. How can I help my family once I have passed away how much will they need financially to cover my funeral?

4) I basically have no experience in life whats so every. Still a virgin, never drank alcohol never did drugs and I'm 25. So what are some things I must do before I die?
Smoke a joint for sure if nothing else

Reactions: Buttercup2.0 and Astral316