Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
I don't know the full scope of what aromatherapy is/could be
Like do people ever do it professionally or how else can it be used. Those kinds of things

I do understand the concept. It definitely and obv doesn't per say solve things. But its even helpful in emotional flashbacks.

I wonder if its because im autistic and I find the sensory aspects matter in my healing a lot.

I just find it very nice for a lot of different reasons. Burning some rose incense and I feel a calm, peaceful, relaxed and like light feeling... so this is something id like to explore more.

Plus the power of cannabis.
I'm feeling good today. I'm worried these days about engaging with life more. Im worried I can't handle it or actually feel ok.

I know I've felt ok in the past but this yr has been really bad in rehards to emotional things. I wonder if it's that aspect of trauma healing and getting into it. Like the "it gets worse before better" phenomenon..This yr has been good in moments but the emotional trauma & other health issues have been awful.

I was just starting to feel consistently ok. 😕 so this yr has been a bummer.

I guess right now I will enjoy my peace and engage when I am ready. I dunno if I'll ever be ready again tho. Life has become quite unenjoyable to me. Cannabis can be used like medically every day. I've been doing that and finding it helpful but expensive.

Maybe it's worth it though bc living in this world is a lot. Sometimes too much. I guess I'm just thinking of how to withstand all the trivials and trials of life. Im not sure I can though...

I feel like I need to decide soon but maybe I don't 🤔 much thoughts but gonna stay disengaged for a little while longer

Last edited:
irregularreconcile

irregularreconcile

i'm such a coward; these wretched things i do
Jun 15, 2023
Aromatherapy is really neat! I've had some positive experiences with specific scents- Like, yes, Lavender and stuff is great, but I've had really positive experiences with specific soaps that make me really happy for some reason.

I wanted to write and say how much I empathise with your struggle of "getting worse before it gets better" phenomenon. I still feel like it's getting worse, tbh. I am having to unlearn that there is a set timeline or something of the sort... It's unpredictable and, indeed, sometimes too hard to handle.

But, you're not alone!! I'm still trying to figure out if it starts to get better, or if it's just a life thing. Either way, you're not alone :^)

• Hugs
Reactions: Livingvsdying25
Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Aromatherapy is really neat! I've had some positive experiences with specific scents- Like, yes, Lavender and stuff is great, but I've had really positive experiences with specific soaps that make me really happy for some reason.

I wanted to write and say how much I empathise with your struggle of "getting worse before it gets better" phenomenon. I still feel like it's getting worse, tbh. I am having to unlearn that there is a set timeline or something of the sort... It's unpredictable and, indeed, sometimes too hard to handle.

But, you're not alone!! I'm still trying to figure out if it starts to get better, or if it's just a life thing. Either way, you're not alone :^)
Yee right!! I've started buying specific body washes bc I just love certain scents and it makes me feel good/a bit better when showering. Haven't been able to find those when I buy my groceries for delivery but hopefully I can go buy the ones I had used 😋 Im glad to hear you've had good experiences with scents too.

And srry to hear u can relate but thnxxx so much for sending this reply. It's sad to me that people can relate but its also nice to know I am not alone either..You are not alone either and again I really appreciate this reply 💓