demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
People piss me off. Always arguing over something, being unnecessarily aggressive, and refusing to ever see where someone else is coming from. You can disagree with someone without acting like a major asshole. There's a reason the phrase "agree to disagree" exists. Especially on the internet everyone wants to get into a fight all the time, over ridiculous crap, an obvious misunderstanding, or just clearly interpersonal drama and expect you to pick a side and I'm sick of it.

This kind of stuff is what makes me want to delete my accounts on anything where I interact with people and just cut my already extremely low human interaction down to 0. It's not worth talking to people that constantly want to twist everything someone says into something else because they're always looking for the opportunity to go on the attack. There's no point in speaking just to get misunderstood. People let their own emotionalism and aggressiveness override everything else. Not everyone's out to get you. Not everything is a personal attack.

Everyone has a different perspective that is shaped by their own experiences, upbringing, and genetics. Maybe it's just because I'm a determinist but I see no point in engaging in a discussion where it's clear no one is going to change their mind or even be able to comprehend what the other party is saying because their beliefs are too wrapped up in someone's core beliefs about themselves, others, or the world.

I don't know. I always want things to make sense but that's the one thing I can be sure to never find in human behavior. All the more reasons to get off this planet.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: tryingtoescape, Rogue Proxy, patheticpartner and 14 others
I

irememberinnocence

Student
Jun 10, 2020
A lot does depend on the type of online community and its culture. I stopped commenting on certain Reddit subs and just lurk there instead because otherwise people just pick arguments with me. Same as on certain Facebook pages, in particular news pages. But I belong to quite a lot of constructive communities on Facebook, Discord and Reddit where people barely argue because they're there to help each other, eg meditation or mindfulness communities, chronic illness communities, art and creativity groups and so on.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 3 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Humans use a faulty and ambiguous way of communication which is natural languages. Natural languages are problematic and fuel conflicts misunderstanding. In addition to that, this method of communication works well with trolling and toxicity. And the worst thing is how people think it's ok. Humans are toxic and use a faulty method of communication, that's why I don't like to interact with them.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, patheticpartner, SentientCreature and 2 others
R

ReallyTired

Oct 21, 2021
I left Facebook because I couldn't stand the constant arguing there and people attacking each other, particularly on local news pages. I think internet is making it too easy. People hiding at home behind their laptops and phones and taking their frustration out on anybody who would disagree with them. I often wonder if people would be so brave to make aggressive and toxic comments if they wouldn't be allowed to interact online but instead use face to face communication.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, Manaaja and demuic
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Agreed, I fucking hate conflicts and meaningless fights. Block and move on is what I try to do, though sometimes I fail, but I really should just block.

I hate how a lot of conflicts stem from people not being able to read and understand. Just today I saw a huge fight when an OP made a long post telling how they prefer X over Y, and of course some people have zero reading ability so they accused the OP for preferring Y over X and the OP tried to make the people understand that they did say that they like X over Y. They weren't even trolls, just seriously dumb people.

The same has even happened here. A long time ago I made multiple really long posts and two different idiots came, read only one line of the first or second post, and pretty much accused me of being worse than Hitler. Then when I made several more really long posts trying to politely explain myself, they treated me like I was just being a sarcastic ass. Those idiots could have just read my post history to see if I'm usually a sarcastic, mean, jerk Hitler. I prefer being polite and kind, but sometimes people just manage to turn me into a beast. Especially nowadays.

The second mobile phones were invented, 30% of people lost their ability to read and understand posts with more than 50 letters. At first I though they just had dyslexia but then I met actually dyslexic people with actual diagnoses who were able to read my long posts and understand perfectly what I meant, so it's not even dyslexia.

I also wonder how many of the conflicts stem from a person from Spain and a person from Japan both writing in English. So the first problem is that neither of them has perfect English and the second problem is cultural differences. So instead of people saying "Sorry, but I'm not a native English speaker, and I'm not familiar with your culture" they just automatically assume that the other person said something stupid or mean. And maybe that's why those same people don't bother reading long posts where you try to explain yourself, it's too hard to read in a foreign language.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, SentientCreature and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I cannot stand people. It is pointless trying to interact with people like that. The internet can be very toxic, some people have nothing better to do than spend all day online arguing with strangers. In general, people are very frustrating and it is one of the things that I will not miss about the world when I ctb.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, patheticpartner and demuic
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I think they're fun to watch and it can be a lil exciting to argue online, at least for me. The people arguing are choosing to do it, maybe their personal decisions should be respected?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and UseItOrLoseIt