• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Mebius

Mebius

Student
Jun 13, 2024
When we die, we lose perception of time, trillions of years passes in an instant. You can't enjoy non-existence because you are... well... dead. Even if you believe that there will only be oblivion, you still cant enjoy it, because you have no perception of time. If you believe in reincarnation, you will just skip time until you get reborn, with no memory of past life.

I'm not talking about people who are in severely screwed situations (financial ruin, terminal illness, etc), but people who have just enough stability and respite between all the suffering, and can still cope with vices.

What do you think?

Reactions: heavyeyes, the_path_of_sorrows, Forever Sleep and 2 others
JOkE2109

JOkE2109

Student
Dec 18, 2023
It's not about enjoyment of being dead, it's about being dead to end your suffering, even if it comes at the expense of there being no enjoyment. At least to me.

Reactions: ToMoveOn, thebelljarrr, Moniker and 8 others
Mebius

Mebius

Student
Jun 13, 2024
It's not about enjoyment of being dead, it's about being dead to end your suffering, even if it comes at the expense of there being no enjoyment. At least to me.
Yes, if youre constantly suffering you can die, but im sure some people here have salvagable enough situation. They can then cope with alcohol, drugs, and all that, though those things will bite them later and cause more suffering, so yeah.

Reactions: heavyeyes
msesis

msesis

Jun 16, 2024
Yeah I wish ghosts exist, so that I can enjoy being dead. Unfortunately there's nothing to enjoy after death. But at least the pain ends. It's just weird that there will be no one to enjoy painlessness. Oh well, I'm here right now and I can enjoy looking forward to it.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
The only argument against suicide that I remotely care about is "Mom would be sad. šŸ™" but that doesn't hold enough weight anymore sadly.

Reactions: permanently tired, heavyeyes, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
Well, for me suicide is all about admiting that you had enough for life, you don't want to experience anything again, there are some factor that contribute to this one of them is constant suffering or constant boredom.

Most of the time it was because of constant suffering, lot of people said that you have to wait for 10-15 years, but was it worth the effort? Maybe if you gonna became a millionare, the it'll be worth it? Probably yes but nobody can predict the future and i don't get it why pro-life is fixitate in retaining the value of life, i do think you should try anything before ctb though.

Reactions: Moniker and heavyeyes
Mebius

Mebius

Student
Jun 13, 2024
Well, for me suicide is all about admiting that you had enough for life, you don't want to experience anything again, there are some factor that contribute to this one of them is constant suffering or constant boredom.

Most of the time it was because of constant suffering, lot of people said that you have to wait for 10-15 years, but was it worth the effort? Maybe if you gonna became a millionare, the it'll be worth it? Probably yes but nobody can predict the future and i don't get it why pro-life is fixitate in retaining the value of life, i do think you should try anything before ctb though.
I'm reconsidering suicide because I kinda believe that "something" will happen to me anyway after i'm dead, maybe i get reincarnated and stuff after infinity amount of time, so suicide is just kinda like resetting your life. But of course this could be wrong, and that if the universe is not infinite then yeah, you can be completely gone.

Reactions: heavyeyes and BlockHammer
BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
I'm reconsidering suicide because I kinda believe that "something" will happen to me anyway after i'm dead, maybe i get reincarnated and stuff after infinity amount of time, so suicide is just kinda like resetting your life. But of course this could be wrong, and that if the universe is not infinite then yeah, you can be completely gone.

Yeah i do agree with you, we don't know what happened after we die, either we going to heaven/hell, reincarnation or eternal abyss, let's said that i'm commiting suicide now, im gonna take my changes on those 3 option that i mentioned before. Regardless even if im reconsidering my decision of commiting suicide, my problem won't go away and i don't think it is worth to wait for 10-15 years so i can solve my problem

But i do planning to ctb next year if my life hasn't improved yet, i'll take the consequence of it. But now i still want to fight

Reactions: heavyeyes and Mebius
img-phenix

img-phenix

the 6-for-1 package deal
Jul 9, 2024
Even coping with substances there's a point where your life is so fucked that you don't really have another way out, no amount of biding time will undo damage alcohol and drugs do to you, if something happens after you die that's an issue for then but it surely cannot be worse than near-constant apathy

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and heavyeyes
amaluuk

amaluuk

Jan 11, 2024
Referring to the time of my non existence, there's just nothing that my mind can conjure but the idea of being asleep, a peaceful existence. I think that's preferable to the risk of life, where you're not only subject to the whims of others around you, but also potentially vulnerable to the decay of yourself as a person and what you could do to other people if you grew jaded enough that you no longer felt held back by anything.

Reactions: thebelljarrr, Moniker, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
Mebius

Mebius

Student
Jun 13, 2024
Even coping with substances there's a point where your life is so fucked that you don't really have another way out, no amount of biding time will undo damage alcohol and drugs do to you, if something happens after you die that's an issue for then but it surely cannot be worse than near-constant apathy
True, either choice we are screwed in a different way

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think a lot of people simply don't want the burden of consciousness/ perception anymore. Because, with it comes the possibility that things are or will be bad anytime soon- I doubt anyone is able to drift through life in some carefree bliss. I suspect a lot of people here are just tired of fighting through life, leaning on various coping mechanisms.

True, we could well loose all sense of anything but- wouldn't that be a good thing?!! No way to regret anything, no more worries. Nothing quite possibly.

I suppose the closest we get to it is sleep. Do you ever regret going to sleep? As in- all those hours I missed out on being fully conscious and aware? Again, I think for the majority here, sleep is a welcome rest from being fully conscious. Most people here utterly detest waking up and realising they're still alive.

I suppose, if you can figure out how to make life feel like less of a burden then, maybe it's worth a shot but- life isn't really set up like that. We all have needs that we have to take care of by doing a whole bunch of stuff we may well not want to do. And that's a basic life. That doesn't include all the really negative stuff like health problems, trauma, awful life circumstances. I think the payoff needs to be higher to justify all that and it likely isn't for a lot of people here.

The reincarnation thing is scary. Horrible to think we might come back into an even worse life. Still, we don't really know what happens and, like you say- death seems to be a reset. We don't tend to be aware of past lives. So- it won't make any difference to our new selves what age our former selves died at- unless you believe we get punished for suicide.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and heavyeyes
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I know that you can't enjoy non existence but that doesn't make non existence a bad thing. I personally think that non existence is good because it gives us the cessation of all feelings, experiences and suffering. I never wanted to be a human in the first place. I don't want to deal with things that humans have to which is why permanent non existence is perfect for me. Besides, even if I can't feel happy when I'm non existent, I couldn't care less as... I'd be non existent. The concept of enjoyment only applies to the living, not to the dead

Reactions: sserafim, divinemistress36 and Moniker
Moniker

Moniker

Nov 1, 2023
The big reason I'm pro-choice towards suicide is bodily autonomy. It's your body, therefore it's your decision to destroy it. So, I feel that even in the event where someone who currently enjoys life randomly decides to ctb, it's ultimately within their right to do so.

Admittedly, I think there is room for concern when it comes to "irrational" suicidal ideation (impulsive spur of the moment decisions), but the overarching principle is still something I support.

SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
Living is always a gamble, at any moment it can get much worse, you could be tortured or injured or maybe lose something you take for granted. Death presumably is the end to that gamble, it becomes impossible to feel pain for the rest of eternity. Arguments against assume it's better to risk everything for a positive experience than to embrace nothingness. Maybe someone can "still cope" with rejection but probably not torture. The possibility of reincarnation is horrifying but makes suicide another gamble. There is no certainty until you can no longer acknowledge it.