🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I'm at the point of rereading books and rewatching things. So meaningless

Reactions: Sweet Tart, LittleJem, wiltingorchid and 2 others
D

darkwater

Experienced
Apr 17, 2021
The only distraction that still works for me is eating. "Oh tomorrow I could eat pizza stay one more day" so I shimmy from day to day.

Reactions: LittleJem, psp3000, hhmmmm and 1 other person
CloudyNight

CloudyNight

Wake me up before you go go
Apr 15, 2023
MMA wrestling all the full combat sports don't like talking so I like punching why self harm when I can harm others (with pads on and rules I'm not completely insane) but in all honesty it's really good way to vent and probably the only reason I'm still here it's now not a distraction but now just a part of my life

unplug

unplug

Vapor Self
Apr 11, 2023
Same boat. Running out of copes.

Reactions: heavyeyes and Ambivalent1
Danyyyyy

Danyyyyy

Yippee
Mar 19, 2023
I try to stay distracted alot ;-; like at school, or my own room especially. It's getting difficult playing same games, even doing new things seems boring after you've seen a vid of it, like ok i dont need to do it anymore :P But yeah I cant keep the wheel rolling :(

• Aww..
Reactions: hhmmmm, heavyeyes, Caramelized and 1 other person
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
There could be nothing to truly distract me from the horror of living. When life isn't torture, it is boring to no end.

• Hugs
Reactions: hhmmmm, Itz_d3p and floralheaddress
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
There could be nothing to truly distract me from the horror of living. When life isn't torture, it is boring to no end.
Do you secretly like your torture? I wonder if people have a masochistic streak built in in order to live this life.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me personally there could never be anything appealing about having to exist at all, existing is completely useless and futile, it's an unnecessary burden that is not for me in any way. I never even feel distracted from the fact that existence isn't worth enduring, I'm wishing to sleep forever pretty much every waking moment.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: unnormal9, heavyeyes, Caramelized and 1 other person
Caramelized

Caramelized

✿ˊ˗
Sep 25, 2021
Honestly yes, and I think that out of all the symptoms of depression I've experienced. Ahendonia has been the most heartbreaking for me. Growing up I used to draw every single day, I'd be so excited. I loved playing video games and watching anime...I have to force myself to do all of those things now. I haven't drawn anything in months. I never would've thought that I'd end up viewing life this way or that life would be like this. I never thought I'd lose drawing, I fought to keep it for so long, but I just don't care anymore. Depression won. It's gone (Ewww now I'm crying, this will always be a sore spot for me lol).

• Aww..
Reactions: Ambivalent1, annxietty and heavyeyes
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
I quit my hobby that distracted me a year ago. I am trying to get the motivation to get back into it, but i just cannot.

• Aww..
Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
To me personally there could never be anything appealing about having to exist at all, existing is completely useless and futile, it's an unnecessary burden that is not for me in any way. I never even feel distracted from the fact that existence isn't worth enduring, I'm wishing to sleep forever pretty much every waking moment.
So what do you do all day?
Obviously not. Torture is horrific.
Unless the person is masochistic. Maybe that's our purpose - to learn to love the pain and ask boldly for more.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah, sometimes. With you- is it a general lack of interest, or, a suspicion that anything new you look at won't be all that great? If you are just re-watching/ re-reading stuff now? Do you have subscription services like Netflix? I quite often have stuff on in the background- while I'm working. So, it doesn't matter so much if it isn't great, and between the two, they just about distract me a fair bit of the time.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
So what do you do all day?
It's pretty obvious that recently a lot of my time has been spent posting on this site and of course I have to sleep at some point.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: unnormal9 and WorthlessTrash
foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
Yes nothing seems to work anymore. I just refresh youtube but nothing is interesting enough to watch. I scroll through forums but it's just the same stuff over and over again. I don't see the point in posting anything because it doesn't make a difference. Other copes are expensive, too much effort, or unreliable. Just dead inside...

unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
Yes, I have grown tired of reading years ago. Every waking moment I am researching and planning my suicide.

D

Dayrain

Arcanist
Feb 3, 2023
I have to force myself to do all of those things now.
I know exactly what you mean. When your hobbies/distractions or your feelings towards them become like an actual work/job...

Reactions: Caramelized and psp3000
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Oh most definitely

Reactions: Ambivalent1
Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
MMA wrestling all the full combat sports don't like talking so I like punching why self harm when I can harm others (with pads on and rules I'm not completely insane) but in all honesty it's really good way to vent and probably the only reason I'm still here it's now not a distraction but now just a part of my life
This sounds awesome and I admire you for doing it. I'm too self conscious about my body and have social anxiety, so I've never dared. I love watching kung fu tho and thought about taking a martial arts class in the past but didn't go thru with it.

• Hugs
Reactions: CloudyNight