StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
These days I just feel that I can't do anything right on my own. I see myself keep finding people to depend on. I know I shouldn't be doing it but I can't help it

Reactions: waived, throwaway777, Chlo and 2 others
ririka

ririka

and I'll never be free...
Feb 17, 2019
Same here, I'm way too dependent on the people around me. It sucks but I always find myself asking for help from others because I can't do things alone rip

Reactions: throwaway777
StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
Same here, I'm way too dependent on the people around me. It sucks but I always find myself asking for help from others because I can't do things alone rip

It sucks when I don't have anything to offer to others and everyone starts to leave when they know you are just asking help from them

Reactions: Exile, throwaway777, Chlo and 2 others
SeekingSolace

SeekingSolace

‘The sleep of reason breeds monsters’ -Goya
Jan 28, 2019
I'm the same...I'm very dependent on a group of people in my life. None of them are family, but they treat me like their daughter/family. I live with a married couple who have taken care of me for years due to my seizures. There is another family that pays me under the table to watch their mother who suffers from dementia. That way I am able to contribute a little money to the couple I live with. I wouldn't have that if it weren't for the kindness of the other family (I used to work for them in their restaurant until the anxiety/seizures became too much).

I feel guilt for wanting to ctb so badly as it would cause them so much pain. That's what keeps me here. I feel too guilty passing on my pain to them. :-/

Reactions: Exile, StillWaiting, TheCrow and 1 other person
ririka

ririka

Feb 17, 2019
It sucks when I don't have anything to offer to others and everyone starts to leave when they know you are just asking help from them

Yes that's an awful feeling... also when they help but you know that they don't really want to they just feel like they must and you're a burden to them and that makes you feel even worse

Reactions: Exile and StillWaiting
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
I live with a married couple who have taken care of me for years due to my seizures. There is another family that pays me under the table to watch their mother who suffers from dementia. I wouldn't have that if it weren't for the kindness of the other family (I used to work for them in their restaurant until the anxiety/seizures became too much
that actually makes me really happy that those two families are helping you like that

Reactions: Dead Meat, Jupiter, Exile and 3 others
StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
I'm the same...I'm very dependent on a group of people in my life. None of them are family, but they treat me like their daughter/family. I live with a married couple who have taken care of me for years due to my seizures. There is another family that pays me under the table to watch their mother who suffers from dementia. That way I am able to contribute a little money to the couple I live with. I wouldn't have that if it weren't for the kindness of the other family (I used to work for them in their restaurant until the anxiety/seizures became too much).

I feel guilt for wanting to ctb so badly as it would cause them so much pain. That's what keeps me here. I feel too guilty passing on my pain to them. :-/

It is nice to see there are people who genuinely nice to others

Reactions: Exile, SeekingSolace and ririka
StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
Yes that's an awful feeling... also when they help but you know that they don't really want to they just feel like they must and you're a burden to them and that makes you feel even worse
Partially the reason why i need to ctb.
I cant see myself being someone who is independent...

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul, meaningisgone and ririka
ririka

ririka

Feb 17, 2019
It makes me feel the need to ctb because

Partially the reason why i need to ctb.
I cant see myself being someone who is independent...

I know that feeling. How am I supposed to earn my own money or go to college when I'm like this... just kill me already lol

Reactions: StillWaiting
SeekingSolace

SeekingSolace

‘The sleep of reason breeds monsters’ -Goya
Jan 28, 2019
Reactions: StillWaiting, TheCrow and ririka
S

Snee

Student
Aug 3, 2018
without my mom and dad i cant survive in this cruel world.

Reactions: throwaway777
Chlo

Chlo

Experienced
Feb 17, 2019
Ohh, yeah. Ironically, it's an isolating feeling.

Reactions: StillWaiting and Redt2go
throwaway777

throwaway777

一人、部屋で、独り。
Oct 3, 2018
without my mom and dad i cant survive in this cruel world.
i hate that i want to kill myself even tho they have sacrificed everything for me.. i hate myself

• Aww..
Reactions: vulturecyclop, StillWaiting and ririka
Norest4thewicked

Norest4thewicked

Losing it
Nov 4, 2018
I was dependant on one person until they cut me off last summer. Had trust issues before we met and it took over a year before I fully trusted them. Then with no warning told me they wanted out. Got the usual excuses for wanting out. Got plenty of friends and family, but it counts for little. Sounds selfish I know. Still strung out about it. Doubt I'll trust anyone wholly again

Reactions: StillWaiting, Exile and Chlo
meaningisgone

meaningisgone

Student
Feb 17, 2019
Yeah, I am completely dependent on my mom and stepdad. My stepdad has had enough of me, and my presence here causes a strain on their marriage. They fight all the time. Plus, my mom and I fight a lot too. It's an overall toxic environment, but it's all I've got. Everyone else in my life has turned away except two friends, whom I have difficulty sustaining contact with because of depression and isolation. I don't feel mentally stable enough to handle homelessness, not enough grit in me, so if I got kicked out of here I don't know what I'd do. Since I see no other way out of this situation but ctb, that's why I'm here.

WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I was totally independant for most of my adult life. Moved out at 18, paid for school myself, started a business and ran it for 13 years, bought my own home. Now, health problems have forced me to be dependant on my husband and I hate it so much. It's a hard, scary place to be and it feels completely alien. I want to be able to stand on my own again.

Chlo

Chlo

Experienced
Feb 17, 2019
I was dependant on one person until they cut me off last summer. Had trust issues before we met and it took over a year before I fully trusted them. Then with no warning told me they wanted out. Got the usual excuses for wanting out. Got plenty of friends and family, but it counts for little. Sounds selfish I know. Still strung out about it. Doubt I'll trust anyone wholly again

Hey, just wanted to reach out and say I feel your pain. My ex broke up with me after four years on my birthday in 2016 and it, too, was completely unexpected and heartbreaking. I still haven't healed from it, don't think I ever fully will. Time definitely doesn't always heal, I think that saying is utter bullshit, but all you can do is distract yourself and try to keep an open mind and heart, as lame/dumb as that may sound. ♥️

Reactions: StillWaiting, Norest4thewicked, WhiteRabbit and 2 others
E

Exile

Predator, criminal, emotional blackmailer
Jan 28, 2019
Yes, I am. I'm not financially dependent on anyone but strongly emotionally dependent. I have friends who tell me to call them no matter what or when, but I know people have their own priorities and I try to not talk about my stuff too often - I have overwhelmed people before and it's devastating to be cut off. I rely on others almost completely to be validated in anything.

Reactions: StillWaiting and meaningisgone
Mark Edward

Mark Edward

Jan 19, 2019
I am fiercely independent. It has been the only way for me.
I like people ,but ultimately I keep my distance.

Reactions: Going Home, StillWaiting and WhiteRabbit
S

Snee

Student
Aug 3, 2018
i hate that i want to kill myself even tho they have sacrificed everything for me.. i hate myself
they still belive i ll be okay and i will take care about them.

Reactions: StillWaiting and throwaway777