Have you been diagnosed with aspergers/autism?

• Yes

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • No but I suspect I am on the spectrum

Votes: 15 34.9%

• Total voters
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I might have been a bit slow on the uptake when I was a kid, but I have basically caught up as an adult. I think having more siblings closer to my age would have helped me. I only really knew how to talk to adults.

• Hugs
Reactions: Daxter_87, StolenLife and 7b48hl
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I was diagnosed with it at the age of 40, before that I didn't even know it existed. This diagnosis has not helped at all... one thinks that it must be of some help to know these things, but at a certain point this is not true, I don't think I will become the Asperger stereotype. A psychologist told me that this usually happens with teenagers, that once they are diagnosed with it they embrace the Aspie culture and become even more Aspergers than they are... but it doesn't usually happen to adults who are already in years.

//

Me'l van diagnosticar als 40 anys, abans d'aixó no sabía ni que existía. Aquest diagnóstic no ha servit pas per res... un pensa que ha de servir d'alguna ajuda saber aquestes coses, pero arribat a un punt això no es cert, no penso pas convertir-me en l'estereotip Asperger. Em va comentar un psicóleg que això acostuma a passar amb els adolescents, que un cop els hi fan el diagnóstic abracen la cultura Aspie i es tornen encara més Aspergers del que son.. pero no sol passar en els adults ja entrats en anys.

• Hugs
Reactions: loopdaloop, Daxter_87 and 7b48hl
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, I was diagnosed with aspergers when I was very young. It's always been tiring existing in a world that I was never meant for. Maybe it's one of the reasons why life has always been only suffering for me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Daxter_87, Chara, Emmie and 1 other person
MrP

MrP

Aug 11, 2022
Asperger's Syndrome, diagnosed when I was 19.

• Hugs
Reactions: Daxter_87 and 7b48hl
Chara

Chara

Severe pain? But no gain.
Jul 22, 2023
Yes, I was diagnosed with aspergers when I was very young. It's always been tiring existing in a world that I was never meant for. Maybe it's one of the reasons why life has always been only suffering for me.
This. So. Much.

• Hugs
Reactions: Daxter_87
Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
I've never been diagnosed, but I have a strong suspicion that, in effect, I am on the spectrum. And many people around me think the same – my family, my former friends, my counselor when I was in high school, etc. This last person even called a friend of his who specializes in autistic people to see if I could be classified as such. Unfortunately, he didn't come to any clear conclusion and thought that I probably didn't have said condition.

However, contrary to his verdict, I think there's quite a lot of evidence that the opposite is true. For instance, people have always seen me as some kind of awkward weirdo; I am a complete misfit; I don't like what people like; I don't care about any normal conversations – or just about anything in general; I have misophonia, tics and OCD – which I think are frequently comorbid with ASD; and the list goes on and on. I don't feel I belong to this world at all, not even to the autism community or any other collective; in short, absolute alienation.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fractal and Dead Ghost
arielpandora

arielpandora

May 11, 2023
I was diagnosed at 20 but went through the diagnostic process without my family; they're too judgemental.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost