Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
I probably am but I can't think of any examples

Reactions: _Minsk
PeacefulSloth

PeacefulSloth

Mar 1, 2022
I would say no me as a person I am not manipulative, however due the issues I suffer with my mental health and my past trauma I can sometimes do things that can seem manipulative but really are me just struggling to deal with the emotions or pain that I am currently experiencing. So there is never any intention to manipulate anyhow however it does sometimes happen which I usually feel bad about when everything has passed.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I probably am but I can't think of any examples
I think there are maybe two kinds of being maniipulative- one is being deliberately manipulative, which I avoid (myabe to my detriment when others around me are manipulative), and being accidentally manipulative by simply pursuing my own self-interest and then things like this can happen accidentally sometimes- I think this is true of most people, though for a very mentally self-disciplned person maybe they don't make mistakes like this.

Reactions: Fragile
Kismet

Kismet

life is pointless
Feb 16, 2022
Is it manipulative to predict ahead of how someone else is going to react to certain words or behavior?

Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
Is it manipulative to predict ahead of how someone else is going to react to certain words or behavior?
Probably but I do it too

Kismet

Kismet

life is pointless
Feb 16, 2022
Probably but I do it too
Everyone manipulates. We're taught this at a very young age. Do onto others as you want others to do onto you, treat others as you want to be treated, be kind and be rewarded in kindness, etc

All of that is manipulative
I think there are maybe two kinds of being maniipulative- one is being deliberately manipulative, which I avoid (myabe to my detriment when others around me are manipulative), and being accidentally manipulative by simply pursuing my own self-interest and then things like this can happen accidentally sometimes- I think this is true of most people, though for a very mentally self-disciplned person maybe they don't make mistakes like this.
Have you ever told someone they look good or they have nice shoes but in reality, they did not look good or their shoes were ugly?

A white lie is manipulation. It's manipulating so not to hurt the other persons feelings, usually, or to avoid a deeper conversation, sometimes.

That's how I interpreted the OP's question. I try to manipulate myself all the time by telling me that I'm OK and it will all work out.

Last edited:
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm unintentionally manipulative. Here I am most of the time in most places trying to give my honest truth about what a horrible person I am and all that does is seemingly make people think I'm somehow more empathetic and worthy of sympathy. Just because I hate myself more than almost all other humans doesn't mean I'm a good person. My modesty and humility are merely borne out of fear and self-loathing, not any actual kindness. I try to go on and on about what a terrible person I am and for some reason this backfires and causes people who would shun others for less to still prefer my company. I honestly don't get it but I feel like as long as people can stand me, I'm not doing enough to let them know the truth and I'm maintaining a lie.