H

hannila_m

Jan 18, 2024
I'm afraid I just live in a big illusion and in fact I will never be able to CTB cause I'm just too scared.

And a part of me knows that, but I just keep lying I will do it, cause it gives some kind of relief.

• Hugs
Reactions: borderlinee, noname123, ViniTerrible and 7 others

4g1vvvven

🔍 Looking for the nicest exit 🚪
Feb 14, 2023
I really hope not but relate to the post, I keep saying I will and don't, what experiments I've done have been limited and terrible experiences

Reactions: hannila_m
H25pital Order

H25pital Order

Liquid Medication
Dec 4, 2023
Feeling too scared is a thought-provoking analogy. Instead of procrastinating over CTB try CBT. This hypothesis worked for me; admittedly not every time.

dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
I definitely used to lie to myself. Few months ago I realized that, when for the first time ever I actually felt that I'm actually not that afraid and that I am able to do it.

Reactions: hannila_m and pthnrdnojvsc
ThymeToLeave

ThymeToLeave

Adventurer
Dec 12, 2023
Maybe. Every time I think about preparing for it I wind up putting it off. Maybe I'm more afraid of death than I am of a terrible future, even though death is something I should logically prefer.

• Love
Reactions: thirdrailer and hannila_m
H

hannila_m

Jan 18, 2024
Maybe. Every time I think about preparing for it I wind up putting it off. Maybe I'm more afraid of death than I am of a terrible future, even though death is something I should logically prefer.
Same here. Best wishes

Reactions: ThymeToLeave
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
Wanting to die and not going through with it is perfectly valid imo. If that does provide some relief, even better. My life was so bad at one point that I wished every day I was dead and I felt like my brain was going to explode from trauma. I definitely did not look forward to another day of sadness & suffering, I just wanted to get away from it or past it all somehow. Getting older was actually a relief.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
I probably am, as proven with the last several years. But I hope this lie becomes more truthful as I gain money and privacy and an attempt is in clear view

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
It's there IF needed. Right now I don't. I'm happy. I just need some sleep.

• Love
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I hope not but it very well may be true for me because I just locked in my plans yesterday and yet today I already feel like going back on them just because something slightly positive happened for me today. I hate how the chemical reactions going on in my body can trick me into forgetting the reality of my situation and that no amount of hopium is actually going to eliminate my need to CTB for the greater good. And yet…my cowardice which has been prevalent all through my life could still be enough to keep me from ultimately doing it. Same for my laziness.

Ironically if I were to actually renounce suicide and really get my act together by eliminating my laziness and fearfulness then removing those things would probably truly help me finally be able to achieve my death since another main reason I want to die so bad is because I really just like seeing shit end. Good tv show finales are so satisfying and I feel like my life could be right up there even if I end it prematurely as long as I've prepared for the final season then I can hope it'll be a good one.

But no. Instead I'm locked into a seemingly permanent cycle of wanting to die due to the inaction and overall shitty behaviors I commit that make me need to die.

Himeasa

Himeasa

Feb 6, 2023
Quite possibly. I've been wanting to CBT for a decade, but it was always half-hearted. When push came to shove, I relented and relished in the haze of my brain's emergency neurotransmitters. Yet, the simmering thereafter, living day-to-day and through a cascade of personal catastrophes, is such torture. I hope I can pull through with a proper method.

M

matt1968

Student
Nov 6, 2023
I really relate.

Sending you my best wishes.

H

hannila_m

Jan 18, 2024
But no. Instead I'm locked into a seemingly permanent cycle of wanting to die due to the inaction and overall shitty behaviors I commit that make me need to die.
Sounds totally like me!!! I am also trapped in that cycle. Shitty behaviors - welcome!

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
Yeah, I think I give myself false hope that shit will get better. It doesn't it's been getting incrementally worse.

• Aww..