Are you here because of mental suffering or because of physical suffering?

• Physical illness

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Mental illness

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Both

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
blindstatue

blindstatue

Nov 16, 2018
I'm wondering how many of us here are affected by physical illness. It seems that most people here want to ctb because of mental illness or life problems, and I think their philosophies can quite differ from those who do it based on physical illness. Of course, things like chronic pain can lead to comorbid mental illness.

Reactions: wxtyubidi7y, Dead Meat, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
Help_Me

Help_Me

Gene pool mistake
Oct 21, 2018
The core of my suffering lies within my mind. Yet, it affects me physically a bit.

Reactions: LivedTooLong, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and 3 others
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Both and other. The other is that I just don't like life in general and the way it operates. I feel nauseous just even breathing.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and Jen Erik
G

Greenboop

Oct 27, 2018
Physical, or at least only physical as far as i can tell. My disorder has been effecting me more and more over the last few years. My QoL pretty damn low with very little hope for any sort of cure in the next 20 years. In the beginning i believed and wanted to get better so much, then when i didnt i realised it wasnt healthy to think that way.

I think it was better to think, 'ill keep trying to get better and if i do, great, but if not ill ctb when QoL gets too low'. That kept me going and stopped me from going into depression, always a way out. Just wish id done it earlier when i had more options and mobility.

Reactions: wxtyubidi7y, Dead Meat, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
Physical suffering and mental suffering, and although I have been diagnosed with mental illnesses, my mental suffering is not necessarily related to mental illness.

It's important to recognize that a want to ctb is not necessarily indicative of mental illness.

Reactions: wxtyubidi7y, Dead Meat, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I've reached a stage where I see no future, at fifty three I find myself redundant. You're expected to work till sixty seven in this country! Yeah right
First seen a psychiatrist at about eighteen years of age and was told there was nothing wrong with me, subsequently prescribed lithium,lorazepam and what ever else I can't remember. Depression/anxiety/social anxiety and everything else that goes with it,can't form or sustain a relationship etc. Mental health support is a joke in this country a frikin joke! But I'm not laughing......,

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and Jen Erik