LifeSucks39

LifeSucks39

Student
Feb 14, 2020
Are you excited when you go on holidays?

mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I don't go on holidays (poor) but I would be excited if I was going abroad. A lot less so if it was a local holiday.

Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Usually, yeah. I have good memories about holidays, so I always associate them to good times. Except they haven't lived up to the expectations at least for the last decade.

bravotess

bravotess

I'ma jump ship now before I sink slow
Aug 8, 2020
This question really made me think. I can't remember the last time I didn't have a holiday scheduled (cruise, beach, Vegas). Between quarantine and my partner leaving I don't have anything planned. It was actually one of my first thoughts when he left, "I'll never again do anything fun, never go on another vacation". Maybe if I did have plans I'd have something to look forward to and be less likely to CTB.

Reactions: icanhasnick
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
It's a lot of pressure. I know I'm supposed to be happy and grateful for the opportunity to go to these places, and I am, they're usually just a lot louder and faster than what I'm used to. People can get upset when I struggle to keep up.

Sometimes I wish I could try vacationing somewhere by myself at my own pace, but money's a barrier there ;;

Reactions: LifeSucks39
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
We rescheduled our holiday from Easter this year to next summer. But I can honestly say I hate holidays, the build up makes me so anxious, I get homesick, I feel its my responsibility to ensure everyone has a good time. Actually I feel responsible for everything, even the weather. I get excited to come home. I prefer to stay in the UK but my partner always wants to go abroad.

Reactions: LifeSucks39