N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think in some cases I got into arguments in this forum. Not often but sometimes. I think because my posts are sometimes controversial and I have some clear stances on politics, religion, sexism,, conspiracies etc. It is obvious not everyone will agree with me.

But honestly even if people call me naive for people some things on these issues I don't really care. I think I have good arguments and ad hominem arguments rather show that people don't have substantive arguments to make their point.

Moreover I am not that emotionally on some heated topics. I try to avoid to consider my opponents as stupid, evil or childish. Maybe I am wrong and they are right. And I just have not recognized my thinking fallacies or biases.
I think our view on this world is often shaped through life experiences and your own biography. I can understand that in cases when you have made very bad experiences with a certain group of people you are more careful with members of this group. But I am against hatred on innocent people and I try to point that out.

But in the end it does not really matter to me. I can try to win an argument or prove that I am right and the other person wrong but what is the benefit? What do I get from that? I don't get money and I don't get fame. We are here in an anonymous suicide forum with several thousand members who cares about me enough? People are often more focused on their own probmlems. This is not a debate club. We have different opinions that is okay. We can disagree, we can argument about something but we should respect each other. I know sometimes the debates can get heated and personally this is sometimes too stressful for me. I just stop to answer in such threads. Who cares who wins? If I notice it affects badly my mental well being I just stop the conversation. I think this is the most healthy approach for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: wait.what, Panna, waitingforrest and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, at this point I don't care about what others say or write. It's annoying when the suicide 'gatekeepers', pro lifers and trolls come on here, but it's best not to pay too much attention to that. Whatever other people say means nothing to me. I just focus on myself. Words on the internet don't really matter. Eventually we will all die and everything will be forgotten about.

Reactions: wait.what, waitingforrest, Hollowman and 2 others
H

HoneyandGlass

Student
Jun 22, 2022
I don't believe I am easy to offend. I might read something that I disagree with and call it out but it doesn't necessarily mean it offends me. Hope that answers your question.

Reactions: waitingforrest, Un- and newave3
B

Banshee

Student
Oct 25, 2021
I feel like you're never not posting threads.

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest and Celerity
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Lol. Could be true. But I am mostly in this forum before I go to sleep. It is a way to calm down for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lily (Osako), waitingforrest and Un-
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I get offended a lot more easily than before, but it also depends a lot on my mood. Before, I was never offended and I tolerated pretty well any inconvenience from others towards me... now it is more difficult, especially because it is not possible to know when I will be offended or not, it is a bit like a nightmare.

But if I'm calm it's hard for me to feel offended, I used to be quite understanding and knew how to avoid or dilute conflicts.
When it comes to debates, if it's a topic that touches my heart, I try not to get into it.

//

Jo m'ofenc molt mes fàcilment que abans, però també depen molt de quin sigui el meu estat d'ànim. Abans no m'ofenía mai i suportava bastant bé qualsevol inconvenient dels altres cap a mi... ara es més difícil, sobretot perqué no es posible saber quan m'ofendré o no, es una mica com un malsón.

Pero si estic tranquil es difícil que em senti ofés, abans era força comprenssiu i sabía evitar o diluïr els conflictes.
En quan als debats, si es un tema que em toca la fibra de ple ja intento no entrar-hi.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sun_ and waitingforrest
gottablast888

gottablast888

Student
Apr 15, 2022
not at all

Reactions: waitingforrest
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
But we get free quality content as a plus!
Normally no, but sometimes I can go off the rails when it comes to some topics that matter to me. Usually I'm more confused and hoping the thread doesn't devolve into insults.

Just stopping a conversation as soon as it gets draining is actually good advice you just shared. There's no point in wasting your voice on someone that isn't willing to listen.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Marine, Un- and Dead Ghost
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
I'm not really offended towards anything. Personally, I believe that nothing's too offensive or crude to be said. It makes it far more easier to communicate and get along with others when you don't have to bother worrying about stepping on eggshells while dealing with the other person.

L I F E T O L O S E

L I F E T O L O S E

only you can stop the evil
Sep 18, 2020
Nope, but I'm the opposite

littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
No, I wouldn't say I am. It's also pretty hard to weird me out. I've just seen a lot.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I see anti-trans bs multiple times a day if I spend much time on the internet. It's always the same idiotic comments too. In a way they're useless to respond to, because people who post that crap are clearly not interested in learning anything. I often do respond anyway, for the benefit of terrified trans kids or adults who are still living in the closet. It's not uncommon for people who are in a really vulnerable place regarding gender to feel compelled to read every nasty, throw-away comment anyone makes about being transgender. I think for some it's a self-harm issue. Some are looking for a clinching argument that trans people don't really exist, because if they can find that, then obviously they can't be trans. Some are just watching for an uptick in hate memes, so they know when to brace themselves for IRL assault.

So does it count as "easily offended" if I'm ready to throttle the idiot who posted the third copy of that attack helicopter meme that I've seen that morning, bringing my lifetime meme exposure count to 6,482?

Well yes but actually no

• Love
Reactions: mateodolores and rainysummer
kiuya

kiuya

Tired
Nov 16, 2021
I suppose so, but I rarely interact with things that offend me. Madisyn Brown said in one of her videos that debating with someone on the internet is wasting your energy and time since 99% of the time no one is going to change their opinion from them, it's just someone screaming at you and vice versa. That really resonated with me, nowadays I only "debate" with the people I know that are open minded and open for discussion, and it's just mostly us exchanging our thoughts.

Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
Basically everything that enters the field of perception of one of my five senses profoundly offends me at this point, but there are only a small handful of things that make me truly lose my cool.

I don't make a thing out of being offended because out of the lucky groups that get gold stars for being offended, the only one I belong to is sodomites, and all that stuff is a very uninteresting topic to have to talk about under any circumstances.

Last edited:
Reactions: newave3
E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
I'm too depressed to be offended by other people.

• Hugs
Reactions: S like suicide and Dead Ghost
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
Usually yes because i'm highly sensitive

Lily (Osako)

Lily (Osako)

Everything all at once
Jul 30, 2022
Sometimes. I'm sensitive, so I don't know if it's offense I feel or just the sting of being hurt. Is there a difference?
I do let others get to me more than I should. I just have a difficult time not caring. Life would be easier if I were cold-hearted or whatever. I just don't want to hurt others so I always hope they don't want to hurt me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost