• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

puppybrained

puppybrained

they/them
Jul 15, 2024
i wish i wasnt like this. i dont let myself trust anybody or anything. im supposed to be spending time with my bf, but the more he tries to make me feel special and important the sadder i feel. i dont feel like its true and im scared to find out im right. somewhere deep down i want to feel special. i want to feel like i mean something but im so cynical and jaded i just assume everyones using me and there must be ulterior motives to someone trying to make me happy. i just dont want to look like a fool when i fall for it.

does anyone else have a hard time believing people actually like and value them?

Last edited:
Reactions: ConfusedClouds and Lostandlooking
lomorbu

lomorbu

the stars are already dead
Jun 16, 2024
This sounds more like a fear of vulnerability than cynicism

deficient

deficient

Jul 26, 2024
I see being a cynic as being a realist because people are indeed motivated by self-interest and you should question the motives of others

Reactions: puppybrained
puppybrained

puppybrained

they/them
Jul 15, 2024
This sounds more like a fear of vulnerability than cynicism
something like that. i just question everyone's intentions.
I see being a cynic as being a realist because people are indeed motivated by self-interest and you should question the motives of others
it will probably keep me safer, but it is coming at the cost of pushing a lot of people away. sort of a difficult position.

Reactions: deficient
atdusk

atdusk

Feb 12, 2024
I think a key is to separate the perception from the judgement. You can't avoid noticing that people move out of self interest but you can decide if that's a terrible thing that deserves punishment, if that's something you must accept or if it's not something for you to judge.

As I get older I go more for the second or third option. I am not the judge of the world and I've seen enough imperfection in myself to stop judging people around me so harshly.

C

ConfusedClouds

Experienced
Mar 9, 2024
I really do. A colleague at work gave me some posh chocolates the other day. No explanation, no justification. Just mumbled something about not being keen on mint themselves and I was worth it. So dubious and realised later I never even managed to say thank you to her. Just kinda stood there bemused and when we crossed paths throughout the shift it was never mentioned again.

I can only really accept complements or whatever if I know I have gone above and beyond and/or done or given something specific that could be being 'rewarded' or 'appreciated'.