middlelord

middlelord

Oct 22, 2023
"Don't compare yourself to others. Every human being has their own circumstances their own advantage they're on weaknesses in their own goals. It is therefore unfair for you and to others, to compare each other. "

"Compare yourself not to others but to yourself, more precisely, yesterday's you."

But is so fucking hard to not compare to others, when we as human beings learn from observing others and comparing ourselves with our surroundings since we're babies.

Thoughts on this? And yeah are you better than yesterday's you?

Reactions: LoiteringClouds, sserafim and breezeboy
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
considering i spent the morning telling myself i dont need my bf and im better off alone. questioning if i love him, thinking i dont

no... no im not..

and yeah its right you shouldnt compare yourself to others. everyone is an individual. everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses. their own upbringing that brought them to where they are today. its like everyone is a different shape and youre wondering why you dont fit in their hole (referencing the shape childrens toy). you need to find your own spot that no one else can fit into either.
"no you dont belong here, its my spot. get out" XD

add on: also my cat, my baby girls death date is coming up on may 13th..... thats been tearing me apart for awhile and gets worse as each day passes......

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: kawaiiphantom, reclaimedbynature and breezeboy
B

BlessedBeTheFlame

All things are nothing to me
Feb 2, 2024
No and that's good. The only thing that matters is how close I am to off myself. The closer the better. Anything else I shouldn't be allowed to think about.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm worse than yesterday's me but yesterday's me had it coming. He knows what he did and so it's my job to make his life worse because of it.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Forever Sleep and BrainShower
BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023
"Yeah, yesterday's me is a cunt and I hate that fucker, he should have done this and that, so now I'm gonna punish tomorrow's me by sucking even harder."- My brain

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Today I am better than yesterday after a long time. We will see how it goes

Reactions: sserafim
Dliena

Dliena

𝚂𝚂 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚘. 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
Not really. I've been a husk since 2013 when I left middle school all over a meltdown I had but now I just rot away. So no not with a 22yo autistic net negative IQ man child like me that was never going to be able do anything successful or worthwhile anyways. But it's whatever sooner or later it will be like it didn't ever matter.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Idk, I guess I'm smarter and more knowledgeable than yesterday's me. Everyday I learn new things, so you can say that I'm "better" than my past self. I guess I'm much better than my past self who was attempting to conform to the norm and doing things on autopilot, never even asking why.

I went through ~12 years of education in a daze, I think I was conditioned and brainwashed by society into never even asking why I was doing what I did. The brainwashing didn't completely work on me though because even as a kid, I didn't want to grow up, I never looked forward to it like the other kids. Maybe my inner self subconsciously resisted the kool-aid that was fed to me as well as the others. Apparently I was a difficult and disruptive kid in kindergarten due to my neurodivergence. I also rebelled against teachers and authority for a bit, I remember in 3rd or 4th grade, I was put into some kind of therapy for talking back to teachers and not complying with their demands. I think this was like oppositional defiant disorder or something, but it got snubbed out fast.

The me of the past was happier than the me of now, it wasn't aware of the nihilistic nature of the world. I only had an epiphany during college, and realized the truth about life and the world. I started asking "why?" and thinking about the point of life. I can't believe that I was sleepwalking though life and only woke up then. I started thinking about the meaning of life and I also tried searching to it, but no avail. They say that ignorance is bliss but knowledge is power, and I would still continue to be my depressed self of now rather than be my happier self of the past, who was blinded by an illusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hollowman, ijustwishtodie and Daxter_87
lostinwoe

lostinwoe

woefully bound to death.
Mar 1, 2024
no im the same as i was a month ago maybe worse

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
I have people wishing me dead, so every day I wake up is a huge FUCK YOU to them. It makes me feel better atleast.

• Hugs
Reactions: reclaimedbynature
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Depends how you look at it.

I think I can endure more and I am not phased by things I once cared about. So in that sense, I adapted I guess.

Is it better or worse depends on who is the judge.

Reactions: sserafim
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
No, I'm not and I don't really care to. I don't want there to be a me at all. I'd be at peace once I'm dead and that's all I want to be

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Not really, especially not my younger self. I feel like I used to have purpose and meaning in my life and now I feel like I have nothing to look forward to and not much to live for anymore. I feel like a lot of the magic and color I used to have in my life isn't there anymore.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Yesterday's me was better because yesterday's me was high and thus was in a good mood. Right now I feel tired and unhappy. My mood is only made worse by the fact that my birthday is coming up soon.

Both yesterday's me and today's me are a piece of shit, but at least yesterday's me was enjoying themself a bit.

I

InAgony

Student
Feb 19, 2024
I'm more incapable due to illness so no, although I'm more in control of my life than a while ago because I've recovered from some of my mental illnesses.

I'm a much more compassionate person now that I've suffered so much (even if i do feel the complete opposite sometimes, I still at the heart of me remain compasisonate). I guess I'm wiser too.