Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Lets look at Earth. There is war, pain, suffering, death, greed, deception, corruption, murder, backstabbing, liars, false accusations, false witnesses, haters, adulterers, and division. Sounds a lot like Hell to me.

Our industrial civilization is probably the worst hell on Earth which will be worse for generations to come. Overpopulation causes problems everywhere. Many people enjoy spewing out nastiness at others. Humans lie and deceive others. Mean people usually succeed in life and the kind are the losers. Man is the only animal who destroys this planet. We have to put up with overpopulation, population growth, overcrowding, immigration, crime, noice, suffering, bullying, rudeness, loneliness, meaninglessness, injusticies, diseases, poverty, wars, pollution and climate change. A nuclear war is also threatening, which could be the absolute worst hell on our planet.

There would be no human suffering if we all could decide the time of our own death. But people are expected to live, not die. The society tries to force people to live in a world where we are all going to die anyway. This is the denial of death and the fear of death. Countries without euthanasia and death penalty do everything to prevent human death. Deadly medicines are hard to come by and what remains are the painful and uncertain ways of leaving life. Human death process can go on for decades in civilization. Our parents force us to live no matter how sick or disabled we are and no matter what we want. This prolonging of human life against our will is the worst indirect torture in history. Only rich people can afford physician assisted suicide in Switzerland and the patients also have to follow the rules of the suicide clinic. Physician assisted suicide is not for everyone. But euthanasia will probably be a human right worldwide in the future.

You were born against your will and you don´t even have the right to determine the time of your own death in a reliable and peaceful way. You are expected to be tormented as long as possible before death occurs and there is no limit to how bad things can get. This is nothing but hell.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, NoRespawn, LifeQuitter and 26 others
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
That's the way I look at it. My life has been hell. I'm not afraid of dying. I'm afraid of failing to die.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: maarijkhan, WonderingSoul, Starry✧・゚Daze and 6 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: ddddd, Loona KLD, NoRespawn and 9 others
D

David_S

Jul 5, 2023
I've thought this ever since I lost my G. a while back. It sure fits.

Reactions: Darkover
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
Just here to die. Utterly pointless.

Please never put me through this mundane boring existence again..

Reactions: LifeQuitter, venin, Kerrtu and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I see this world as being such a hellish and evil place that could never be worth existing in for me, there's nothing desirable about having the ability to be tormented endlessly and so unnecessarily. But I see existence as being a tragic disturbance in what would otherwise be the most perfect state of non-existence, without existence one cannot suffer and the tragedy lies in how there isn't just nothingness.

And existence itself is horrific and repulsive on it's own but it's made even worse by how humans see suffering as an obligation, it's incredibly inhumane how we cannot just peacefully leave on our own terms, humans just create more harm in a reality that is already so hellish.

• Love
Reactions: Deathisbetter
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
There is no hell. There is no heaven. There is just this, which is just a happenstance of matter and chemicals that just so happens to exist in a Goldilocks zone in the universe. It has its good points, and it has its bad points. It is what it is and you either take it, or you leave it. As far as whatever this is being fair, fair is a man-made concept that doesn't figure into the equation of existence, since the only reason for life is reproduction.

Reactions: ladylazarus4, Hollowman and ShadowSelf
F

FindingHome

Student
Aug 4, 2023
I'm not thinking of HELL. My life has been HELL!

Gloomislost

Gloomislost

Pet the bunnies for me · 18
Jul 27, 2023
Lets look at Earth. There is war, pain, suffering, death, greed, deception, corruption, murder, backstabbing, liars, false accusations, false witnesses, haters, adulterers, and division. Sounds a lot like Hell to me.

Our industrial civilization is probably the worst hell on Earth which will be worse for generations to come. Overpopulation causes problems everywhere. Many people enjoy spewing out nastiness at others. Humans lie and deceive others. Mean people usually succeed in life and the kind are the losers. Man is the only animal who destroys this planet. We have to put up with overpopulation, population growth, overcrowding, immigration, crime, noice, suffering, bullying, rudeness, loneliness, meaninglessness, injusticies, diseases, poverty, wars, pollution and climate change. A nuclear war is also threatening, which could be the absolute worst hell on our planet.

There would be no human suffering if we all could decide the time of our own death. But people are expected to live, not die. The society tries to force people to live in a world where we are all going to die anyway. This is the denial of death and the fear of death. Countries without euthanasia and death penalty do everything to prevent human death. Deadly medicines are hard to come by and what remains are the painful and uncertain ways of leaving life. Human death process can go on for decades in civilization. Our parents force us to live no matter how sick or disabled we are and no matter what we want. This prolonging of human life against our will is the worst indirect torture in history. Only rich people can afford physician assisted suicide in Switzerland and the patients also have to follow the rules of the suicide clinic. Physician assisted suicide is not for everyone. But euthanasia will probably be a human right worldwide in the future.

You were born against your will and you don´t even have the right to determine the time of your own death in a reliable and peaceful way. You are expected to be tormented as long as possible before death occurs and there is no limit to how bad things can get. This is nothing but hell.
You're honestly right. Life has been hell and not just for me but so many other people. Earth IS hell, just some choose to bear with it or God picks favorites.

Reactions: Starry✧・゚Daze
kindalone

kindalone

Student
Mar 1, 2023
I'm not a religious person, but I believe Jesus has never meant heaven or hell were different realms anyway. He wanted to say that if we all acted more compassionate towards each other and led a virtuous life, heaven could be on earth. But we chose hell by being greedy and nasty towards each other and created an environment that normalizes exploitation and abuse.

Reactions: hopeisdead, Starry✧・゚Daze and yellowroses
F

FindingHome

Student
Aug 4, 2023
I am not even thinking about HELL. I have already lived it.

venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
I see this world as being such a hellish and evil place that could never be worth existing in for me, there's nothing desirable about having the ability to be tormented endlessly and so unnecessarily. But I see existence as being a tragic disturbance in what would otherwise be the most perfect state of non-existence, without existence one cannot suffer and the tragedy lies in how there isn't just nothingness.

And existence itself is horrific and repulsive on it's own but it's made even worse by how humans see suffering as an obligation, it's incredibly inhumane how we cannot just peacefully leave on our own terms, humans just create more harm in a reality that is already so hellish.
Dude, you make so curious how was your life and what happened. I really am not trying to mock or something but I thought about myself as being a nihilist and a misantroph but I'm nothing compared to your perspective of the world. If you wanna share, I'd gladly listen. Cheers🤟🏽

L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
I believe the idea that earth is a hell, or hopefully, a temporary purgatory, is more plausible than any any goody two shoe notion that we go to some blissful realm after we die. Personally, I believe, and with infinite hope, that it's lights out forever after we die.

• Love
Reactions: kinderbueno
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023

It wouldn't surprise me if this was something like "the good place" where we find out it this was hell after all.

Reactions: Kali_Yuga13
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023

Sometimes it's beyond hell. Well pointed put with the denial of death and of fear of death.

Denial is omnipresent in humanity's everyday life. This is one of the reasons it's so bad out here, because if you deny there's a problem there really is no possibility of ever solving it. We just lay comfortably in our own shit for decades and millennia.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
chatgpt response
War, Pain, Suffering, and Death

These are unfortunate constants in human history. War and violence have been pervasive, causing immense suffering and death. Efforts toward peace, conflict resolution, and humanitarian aid are critical. International organizations like the United Nations work to mitigate these issues, though progress is slow and often fraught with setbacks.
Greed, Deception, and Corruption

These negative traits are prevalent in many societies and systems. Combating corruption and promoting ethical behavior are essential for building trust and fairness. Transparency, accountability, and strong legal frameworks can help address these problems.
Environmental Degradation

Industrial civilization has indeed caused significant environmental harm. Overpopulation exacerbates these issues, leading to resource depletion and pollution. Solutions include sustainable development, green technologies, and population control measures like family planning and education.
Social Inequities and Injustices

Many people face various forms of injustice, including poverty, crime, and lack of access to healthcare. Social reforms, equitable policies, and strong justice systems are necessary to address these issues. Social safety nets and inclusive economic policies can help reduce poverty and inequality.
Existential and Psychological Suffering

Loneliness, meaninglessness, and the fear of death are profound existential issues. Mental health support, community building, and philosophical or spiritual exploration can help individuals find meaning and cope with these feelings. The right to die with dignity, including euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide, is a deeply controversial issue, reflecting the tension between individual autonomy and societal values.
Potential for Positive Change

Despite these challenges, there are many examples of positive change and human resilience. Advances in science, technology, and medicine have improved the quality of life for many. Social movements and advocacy groups continue to fight for justice, equality, and environmental sustainability.
Conclusion

While your view paints a grim picture, it's important to recognize the potential for improvement and the efforts being made to address these issues. Collective action, compassion, and a commitment to ethical principles can drive progress. It's essential to balance the acknowledgment of these problems with hope and proactive efforts to create a better future for all.

kinderbueno

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
If only more people focused on helping others and making the world a nicer place to live instead of chasing money and other desires the world would be so much better. Sometimes I wonder why society focuses so much on living when life isn't even that appealing

Reactions: NoRespawn and Darkover
NoRespawn

NoRespawn

permadeath
Jun 8, 2024
…greed, deception, corruption, murder, backstabbing, liars, false accusations, false witnesses, haters, adulterers, and division…
…im just mad because i wasn't born able to do these things lol.
if i was able to to the sht these people been doing then i would feel alright.

Reactions: Darkover
ddddd

ddddd

Jul 23, 2024
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell."
――Aldous Huxley.
There was a time when I found joy and a willingness to go through hell (especially when it was a little harder than most).
Yes. There was.

• Love
Reactions: kinderbueno
ADBoy777

ADBoy777

Student
May 16, 2024
Interesting theory tho. Hope to get the chance to escape hell then

L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
chatgpt response
War, Pain, Suffering, and Death

These are unfortunate constants in human history. War and violence have been pervasive, causing immense suffering and death. Efforts toward peace, conflict resolution, and humanitarian aid are critical. International organizations like the United Nations work to mitigate these issues, though progress is slow and often fraught with setbacks.
Greed, Deception, and Corruption

These negative traits are prevalent in many societies and systems. Combating corruption and promoting ethical behavior are essential for building trust and fairness. Transparency, accountability, and strong legal frameworks can help address these problems.
Environmental Degradation

Industrial civilization has indeed caused significant environmental harm. Overpopulation exacerbates these issues, leading to resource depletion and pollution. Solutions include sustainable development, green technologies, and population control measures like family planning and education.
Social Inequities and Injustices

Many people face various forms of injustice, including poverty, crime, and lack of access to healthcare. Social reforms, equitable policies, and strong justice systems are necessary to address these issues. Social safety nets and inclusive economic policies can help reduce poverty and inequality.
Existential and Psychological Suffering

Loneliness, meaninglessness, and the fear of death are profound existential issues. Mental health support, community building, and philosophical or spiritual exploration can help individuals find meaning and cope with these feelings. The right to die with dignity, including euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide, is a deeply controversial issue, reflecting the tension between individual autonomy and societal values.
Potential for Positive Change

Despite these challenges, there are many examples of positive change and human resilience. Advances in science, technology, and medicine have improved the quality of life for many. Social movements and advocacy groups continue to fight for justice, equality, and environmental sustainability.
Conclusion

While your view paints a grim picture, it's important to recognize the potential for improvement and the efforts being made to address these issues. Collective action, compassion, and a commitment to ethical principles can drive progress. It's essential to balance the acknowledgment of these problems with hope and proactive efforts to create a better future for all.