ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
This is a highly recommended presentation, easy to follow for us who are not up to par with this particular field of science.

It addresses the issue of what is reality, and how the long accepted means of defining reality is being re-examined. Enjoy.

Reactions: All an illusion
All an illusion

All an illusion

Jul 13, 2019
I believe we are in some kind of simulation...."all the world's a stage"

F

faraway_beach

Seawater and stardust
Dec 30, 2019
My internet connection isn't good enough for video, so I apologize for not watching it before addressing the topic. But "simulation" reminds me of something my father said near the end of his life. He hallucinated a whole room full of computers, all running under heavy load, some of them starting to fail. He was angry at someone who played with people's lives. He warned me to be careful making any moves; what I thought I saw was not necessarily what was really there. I could think I was walking into a library but really be walking off an edge. He didn't trust digital clocks; they appeared to be speeding up. I should mention that he was a computer engineer, not a technophobe at all. He used to talk to the machines. But he was well aware of their limitations.

(He was blind in one eye and sometimes "saw" with it. I remember sitting with him in his room when he said that the blind eye saw a different room and a pretty woman combing her hair. It reminded me of the fairy sight. He had "hunches" that worked oddly. When my mother was packing shoes for a vacation, he said the soles would crack, so she packed a different pair, and their soles cracked. Shoe soles cracking seemed like an unusual thing to guess randomly. I mention all this to explain why I took his hallucination so seriously and remember it. It sounded to me as if he was seeing into the simulation and putting it into terms I would understand.)

Reactions: RileyTanaka
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
You are all just figments of my twisted imagination. :blarg::pfff::shy:
And we are are all just figments of yours too.
But don't rock the boat too much or the mice will get upset.:))

nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
I fuckin wish

Reactions: GoBack
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
The simulation theory is interesting, but the whole "what is reality? How do you know what is real?" borders on silly. My answer to that would be : rent, hunger pains, and health issues. Thos things a very real as are collection agencies and police beatings, etc.

For me the intriguing aspect about simulation theory is whether or not this enables me to create a far more optimal Afterlife. I'm hoping so.

DyslexicForeigner

DyslexicForeigner

Student
Dec 27, 2018
This is a highly recommended presentation, easy to follow for us who are not up to par with this particular field of science.

It addresses the issue of what is reality, and how the long accepted means of defining reality is being re-examined. Enjoy.