JigsawFeelin

JigsawFeelin

Student
May 31, 2020
It's come to my attention there's something seriously wrong with the partners megathread.
I am by no means discounting the theory of it, and may everyone who found someone who matched their aim there rest in peace
But I've experienced romantic and sexual exploitation, as well as weird invites to what sound like extremely public places to commit suicide. Places in which participants would be immediately spotted and arrested - with alcohol and other odd factors more in keeping with a party than a pact involved
Can we discuss?

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Meditation guide, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, puppy9 and 4 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
honestly thats the reason ive been thinking about posting there. it looked like another good way to ruin my life but i didnt want to get a serious person which is why i havent

S

somniummalum

Student
Jul 3, 2020
My experience was completely different tbh.

Reactions: BPD Barbie, _Minsk and Rocket1Rocket1
JigsawFeelin

JigsawFeelin

Student
May 31, 2020
I don't know anything about anyone,
I just want to hear about people's experiences

Reactions: Salt and illbeinthegarage
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I've never heard anything positive about the partners megathread with the exception of one couple who met and suicided in an airbnb. But maybe folks like @somniummalum can share the positives.

It seems like exploitation is what underpins the vast majority of encounters. Either someone wants to use another to learn how to do a method, get the means for a method, get a romantic partner when a suicide partner is what is explicitly sought, get a victim, or just talk about a suicide partner fantasy that they're never going to commit to when it comes time to act.

OP, you're new, but there have been many comments and a few threads about the sexual and violent exploitative aspects in which members have been seriously fucked with, lied to, traveled only to be duped by someone who was playing several members, or was being coerced into being murdered and only because the police stepped in did she get through it okay.

IMO it is a really bad playground with no safe supervision.

Last edited:
Reactions: Salt, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, puppy9 and 6 others
JigsawFeelin

JigsawFeelin

Student
May 31, 2020
the people I follow? To my knowledge I don't follow...anyone

Reactions: illbeinthegarage
Rocket1Rocket1

Rocket1Rocket1

Jun 1, 2020
But I've experienced romantic and sexual exploitation, as well as weird invites to what sound like extremely public places to commit suicide. Places in which participants would be immediately spotted and arrested - with alcohol and other odd factors more in keeping with a party than a pact involved

It's not something I would go for, but hey whatever floats your boat. If two (or more people) think likewise and want the same thing they agreed on, who are we to judge? If there is consent it is not up to us to say you aren't allowed to have romantic or sexual relationships with x or y.

Same goes with the method of CTB. Don't get me wrong, what you are describing isn't something I'd do, it's sounds rather impulsive or a cry for attention but their souls don't belong to God, the state, us.. it belongs to themselves and they can do whatever they want..

I'm glad there is a platform where people who think likewise can meet and perhaps make the journey together. As goes with all of the internet (and real life) there needs to be a healthy amount of stranger danger.

Edit:

By the way: I'm a guy and less likely to be victim of the things you describe. I haven't received those kind is messages myself on this forum and in real life I haven't been victim of (attempts) of exploitation so my opinion is biased from my perspective and experiences.

Last edited:
Reactions: Salt and autumnal
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
As goes with all of the internet (and real life) you need to have a healthy amount of stranger danger.

Says only stranger danger and his buddies. :pfff:

Reactions: Isadeth
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
did anyone read the rules on that thread?
  • If you try to take advantage of anyone on this site, you will be immediately banned and reported to the authorities.
  • If you use this thread as an excuse to find a relationship, you will be banned and might get reported to the authorities.

• Love
Reactions: DyingAlf, Salt, puppy9 and 1 other person
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
The partners megathread always seemed like bollocks to me. The reality is, most users on here will never commit suicide. A lot of them are desperate trolls or dangerous predators. You're better off dying alone, I'm afraid.

• Wow
Reactions: Decided98, DyingAlf, Salt and 13 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
did anyone read the rules on that thread?
  • If you try to take advantage of anyone on this site, you will be immediately banned and reported to the authorities.
  • If you use this thread as an excuse to find a relationship, you will be banned and might get reported to the authorities.

Yeah, there are a lot of rules on the site that don't get enforced unfortunately.

Reactions: DyingAlf, Salt, Brink and 1 other person
fastFWD

fastFWD

running out of time...
Feb 12, 2019
seems many who are suicidal are also lonely so I am not surprised that this might happen. sucks tho if your serious about ctb and run into someone else who has another agenda. would hope that the hopeful would be more forthcoming in their posts is all.

Reactions: Iamamistake, CarbonMonoxide and ERASED
Rocket1Rocket1

Rocket1Rocket1

Jun 1, 2020
Yeah, there are a lot of rules on the site that don't get enforced unfortunately.

Every message has a "report" button but perhaps people aren't using it? I think the first message should contain a instruction with images to remind people of this function and how to use it. Earlier I stated I don't see issues if there is consent, but I forgot about the rules of the thread. Of course the rules should be enforced. With out those rules some people wouldn't have posted in the thread and its unfair to not enforce them.

Reactions: Iamamistake and DyingAlf
S

somniummalum

Student
Jul 3, 2020
I've never heard anything positive about the partners megathread with the exception of one couple who met and suicided in an airbnb. But maybe folks like @somniummalum can share the positives.
Well, I have been with someone that didn't want to be alone while ctb, so I've basically was just by her side for a week and in the night she did it. Was a really nice, lovely person and we had good, deep talks. Nothing sexual or romantic really. It was only online though, not in person.

Other times it was just people trying to find a partner, but it didn't work out for me. All people I've talked to in PM were nice, meant good and had no hidden intentions. Maybe I'm just very lucky tho.

Reactions: Apathy's Girl, Salt, CarbonMonoxide and 4 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
My two cents on the partners megathread is that it's up there as a resource, and of course, anyone using it should proceed with caution and understand the risks associated with it. It is the responsibility of the individual as well as his/her partner to vet each other out and ensure that they are both compatible and on board before they proceed. I myself, have never used it before and while over a year ago or so, I did have one or two people PM me about wanting to be a partner. I declined only because I wanted to go on my own terms. Another risk factor to consider is that if one is in a pact and one of the partners (the individual or the other) survives, the surviving partner could face civil and legal consequences.

Again, I'm not going to say whether one should or shouldn't use such a resource, just be aware of the risks and dangers when doing so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Salt
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Dealt with 12 partners. Half were trying to live. One was a religious pro lifer. One was truly trying to find someone who would save them in the form of a friend or gf...not requiring any exploitation but rather a virgin desperate to be loved.
The rest.. just weren't gonna work and it became creepy to think of strangers this way.

Met one guy who was clearly prodeath and looking for victims to fill his desires to witness death but found him in chat room not partner thread

If you are finding people offering such things .. report them so they don't trap someone vulnerable

@JigsawFeelin you are following only those 2 members

• Wow
Reactions: Salt, puppy9, CarbonMonoxide and 4 others
JigsawFeelin

JigsawFeelin

Student
May 31, 2020
The forum isn't allowing me to quote.

I am following those members. Apologies. I wasn't trying to play ignorant- I am genuinely quite bad at forums.
I had spoken to them in the partners megathread before I withdrew from it, I recognise their names, and I would have followed them back had they followed me first.

Werewolf

Werewolf

Without shelter
May 12, 2020
My own opinion, well. I'd say it's a bad idea, it's basically a platform for less kind hearted hearted individuals, for lack of better words, to take advantage of those grabbing at straws.
I'm not saying it's always so, but generally people are shit and shitty people are drawn to less shitty people whom they might take advantage of, whatever their reason.

Reactions: Meditation guide and Dreamless Sleep
harkovv

harkovv

Everybody's different. Everybody's special. TCS.
Jul 14, 2020
I wanted to find a partner to ctb with, I got messages from several people. First one judged me cuz of my 'reasons', why I want to do it. Then pro life girl tried to disgust me with what happen to dead body but I couldn't care less. Third one offered me great deal, that he want to eat my body after me ctb (cannibalistic desire LOL) and after that i was kinda scared to reply to any message here. I guess partners thread is not for naive people like me :ahhha:

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Salt, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, psychoticxerror and 10 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
That's creepy :O

I hope you reported that person?
really? i would have asked why and started a conversation with them

i would have reported them though yeah. cant have people doing that

Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Photography by Haris Nukem.
Jan 19, 2020
It's up there for members who want a partner and to feel less alone in their ctb... However, there's those who ignore the rules...ladies and gentlemen, if you feel anyway funny about a user and they are coming off manipulative, sleazy and creepy, feel free to report them. Don't be intimidated by these keyboard warriors.

I'm gonna ctb alone. I want a seat all to myselffff.

Reactions: DamnYourEyes and LastRide
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
I was never a fan of the partners thread. I just felt that ctb'ing would be more complicated if another individual was involved.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, LastRide, CarbonMonoxide and 1 other person
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
There was a Lee Child book, part of the Jack Reacher series that is very similar to what a user recounted about potential abduction, murder, and sexual exploitation. I'm actually pretty sure Lee Child lurked here for book research.

just reading the partners thread reads like a playground for predators and law enforcement.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I tried using the partner thread for a while. A few conversations went nowhere, one looked promising then they said they were going to ctb with someone else, then another seemed like it might work, but the longer we talked the more I felt like something was "off" about the person so I stopped replying. I believe that if I had gone through with the plans, I would've been heading to be exploited instead of ctb. After that I decided I was better off doing it alone.

• Wow
Reactions: Lorntroubles
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
Well, I have been with someone that didn't want to be alone while ctb, so I've basically was just by her side for a week and in the night she did it. Was a really nice, lovely person and we had good, deep talks. Nothing sexual or romantic really. It was only online though, not in person.

Other times it was just people trying to find a partner, but it didn't work out for me. All people I've talked to in PM were nice, meant good and had no hidden intentions. Maybe I'm just very lucky tho.
If only I could find someone like you. Not even to die with me, just to be there when I take my last breath.

C

Checkout2

Jun 25, 2020
I am so desperate that I have been looking for a partner. I just hope I find genuine people
But I guess I am being too trusting and naive