• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Are we experiencing psychological trauma on a mass scale?

• Yes

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lacrimosa

lacrimosa

Student
Jul 1, 2024
Given the state of things regarding climate change and the 24/7 negative news cycle and the recent assassination attempt of Donald Trump, which resulted in the death and injuries of innocent people.

Do you believe that this is adding to your trauma or pessimism?

Are we as a species experiencing psychological trauma on a mass scale?

Reactions: pilotviolin and Sulyya
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
The things you listed aren't my causes of despair personally but everyone has their own sensitivities, with no shortage of sources.

Reactions: starryhrtz, enduringwinter, UnrulyNightmare and 2 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
WWII was worse.

HIROSHIMA THUMBNAIL IMAGE   Tyler Bamford 2
Hiroshima

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, ColorlessTrees, Arachno and 1 other person
pilotviolin

pilotviolin

five lives too late, and there's blood in my hair
Jan 27, 2024
the air around is so bleak and sad, with little reprieve

Reactions: lacrimosa
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
I don't think trauma is the right word for it, but the negative events in the world do affect the way people think.

What I'm mostly seeing is that it causes polarization among people, which results in toxic behavior.

And that's just one thing that's going on.

There's also the rise of cost of living combined with lack of meaningful action from governments and politicians.

Anyway I'm not in the right mindset right now to make a fully coherent post, but the above things I mentioned are having a huge effect on us humans right now as species.

These also increase the odds of even worse things happening, like wars.

Reactions: lacrimosa and innominesatanas44
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
They say being born is the ultimate trauma, having to be forced to exist outside of the comfort of the womb. In that way, it's a trauma we all share (with some possible exceptions).

Reactions: mangledjaws and lacrimosa
innominesatanas44

innominesatanas44

🇷🇸
Feb 16, 2023
No, I think most people are apathetic to these events, unless you are living in a war zone. Most people don't care until they are effected personally.

Reactions: sserafim, GoatHerder and lacrimosa
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
No, at least no more than usual.

Reactions: lacrimosa and sserafim
AmericanMary

AmericanMary

Mage
Apr 30, 2024
Watched 9/11 on the TV in my class while in elementary school and some girl running around screaming her dad is there =0

American politics stopped making me sad a lot time ago lol

• Aww..
Reactions: Kawaii_Shoujo215
Grimpoteuthis

Grimpoteuthis

Your deep sea friend
Jul 1, 2023
Only if you are cursed with high sensitivity and empathy. Many people get desensitized and numb to the sufferings of those who are not directly involved in their lives as a result of the information overload we have today. They might get upset but are able to move on with their lives pretty quickly. The ones who are affected the most are those whose minds are already in a dark place.

Reactions: lacrimosa and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
No, I don't think so. Most people just don't care about things unless they're directly affected by them

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
No, I don't think so. Most people just don't care about things unless they're directly affected by them
Exactly, this is how it is. I'm like this as well, most of us are. It's just human nature

Reactions: sserafim
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I've noticed more of a doomer mentality online that I didn't see as much of in the past, even when we were going though things like the 08 recession.

Reactions: wCvML2, mangledjaws and innominesatanas44
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
Maybe not necessarily trauma but sure the news can influence people. When bad things are happening to the country, even if it's indirect to most individuals, there's a surgence in patriotism and much more willingness to serve the country and volunteer, but on the flip side of the coin - when things get really bad people who don't want anything to do with it want to escape it even more and flee.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
No. None of this stuff is traumatic to me or would make me depressive or suicidal. I simply have no influence on all that.

Terry A. Davis

Terry A. Davis

Aug 28, 2023
its traumatic to know whats really going on. how this is all theatre to justify ww3 with china, russia and iran.

but good luck telling people about it. we're heading right over a cliff and nobody gives a shit. its why i both care alot and dont care at all.

Reactions: lacrimosa