Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
We come into the world crying.

Life is very hard, for some people more than the others.

We are basically forced to suffer, doing things we don't want to do, so we can escape from a greater pain.

I'll give you a simple example.

Toothbrushing my teeth is painful (in the sense I don't want to do it) and yet I must do it cause toothache is more painful.

People get addicted to other people, to drugs, to internet, cause they're constantly seeking for pleasures, so they can escape from sort of pain, like boredom for example.

We must satisfy our needs or we get irritable, frustrated, in the worst cases we could die.

We want to become rich, so we can get a more pleasurable life and suffer less.

I don't think humans were born to be happy.

I am not saying you can't feel good, of course you can, but it's temporary.

Even successful people are not happy, despite having a more pleasurable life.

Pleasure is fake happiness.

My point is that life is good only when you're escaping from reality and pain, so basically, when you're getting pleasure.

That's why, people in jail are depressed for example. All they do is stare at a wall.

No matter how much your world might crumble down around you, no matter what horrific things have occurred to you and your loved ones, no matter how devastated YOU are about these events...the world just doesn't care.

Life continues to go on for everyone around you. You are insignificant.

Only a handful of people are ever, EVER going to give half a shit about you and your welfare.

Reactions: DEATH IS FREEDOM, Hollowman, doormat25 and 2 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Seems like the case for my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Darkover
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
I think so too, to a certain extent. On the whole, my life, similar to others, have been composed of ups and downs, but the majority is has been down.

• Hugs
Reactions: Darkover
bluville

bluville

Nov 30, 2022
You're not born to do anything you're just born. Some people were born in circumstances where they can learn to be happy some people aren't. I think this idea that everyone is miserable is major cope, a lot of people are but a lot of people are happy. Even the people in dire situations are the most happy.

I think it's because these people have community, you're not going to care that you're insignificant to the world when you matter to people you care about and you're not going to care that it's only a handful of people when they are people that you love. I think the happiest I've been in my life was when I was poorest but I lived close to my family and it was before a few of them died.

Reactions: over.the.rainbow, ijustwishtodie and doormat25
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
We weren't born just to suffer. We were only born because two adults got horny and fucked each other. The fact that we do suffer isn't because we were born but rather because suffering is inherent to life. Everybody suffers but a lot of these people are happy enough to continue living. If they weren't, then evolution cannot happen. We suffer because of nature itself, not because of us being born

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The existence of life was the most terrible and horrific tragedy to me, it's so hellish how humans impose existence just creating unnecessary suffering, needs and problems as a result, procreation is something that undeniably causes immense harm. I see it as such a terrible curse existing as a conscious being enslaved in this futile cycle of meaningless suffering and cruelty, just destined to decay and die anyway.

O

over.the.rainbow

Dec 23, 2023
You're not born to do anything you're just born. Some people were born in circumstances where they can learn to be happy some people aren't. I think this idea that everyone is miserable is major cope, a lot of people are but a lot of people are happy. Even the people in dire situations are the most happy.

I think it's because these people have community, you're not going to care that you're insignificant to the world when you matter to people you care about and you're not going to care that it's only a handful of people when they are people that you love. I think the happiest I've been in my life was when I was poorest but I lived close to my family and it was before a few of them died.
I agree, especially with what you said about community. I've always had depression to some degree regardless of treatment, therapy, etc. But there have been times in my life where I had a few close friends, and those are the best times of my life despite unhappy circumstances. The fact that I mattered to a few people helped me face the world in a different way.

These days, I have persistent and profound loneliness. I have one "real" friend, but it's becoming clear to me that I don't matter to him as much as he matters to me. I'm starting to realize I'm nothing but a burden even to him.

I really believe if I had more support I wouldn't even be on this site, but after trying and failing to make/keep friends so many times, I've realized that there just isn't a place for me in this world, so here I am. I can't let myself ctb yet (small child with special needs), but I find solace in being on a site with others who understand the mental state I'm in. If I can't have friends I guess that's the next best thing, so I'm thankful for this community.