Jamie James

Aug 8, 2022
No

Reactions: DynamicDepression and Rational man
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Absolutely not. We are two a penny. Infinite.And a hologram.

• Wow
Reactions: Rational man
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
I think there are other life forms, maybe beyond how we comprehend life to be. Surely there isnt another planet in the universe that sustains human forms or maybe there was, until self- destruction occurred!.

Reactions: Julgran, odradek, Lily (Osako) and 1 other person
tannu132

tannu132

Jun 14, 2022
I don't believe that there is any intelligent life anywhere close. If there is, it is way too far away for us to ever contact them or for them to contact us.
Also very probable that there might have once been intelligent life sometime in the past, but they've died to extinction long long time ago. And another civilization may only be beginning with microbes right now and it will take billions of years until they become intelligent.

Reactions: Yavannah and LittleJem
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I think all human civilisations self-destruct due to greed. It's how humans are. Can humans evolve? Maybe with mass drug taking (stoned ape theory) but otherwise unlikely. Our world is on fire and we are still at war. Game over.
I keep expecting to wake up from my life in an Alien movie/pod and realise this was all a VR simulation where I got to eat pizza…

Last edited:
Reactions: Yavannah and odradek
R

Resinn66

Student
Sep 5, 2021
We are the only "lucky ones." Sigh

Last edited:
D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
Although we don't yet know how life began on Earth, it would be silly to assume that we are unique in the trillions of trillions of Earth-like planets in the observable universe.

Reactions: LittleJem and odradek
nys

nys

mors mihi lucrum
Jun 1, 2022
I definitely don't think so. The universe is so huge that it feels impossible that there's only one tiny planet in this giant universe that has life on it

Reactions: LittleJem
P

popcorn1234

Aug 7, 2022
I'd like to think we are not alone in the universe.

Aardvark

Aardvark

Apr 26, 2022
With 400 billion stars in the Milky Way alone, we estimate they contain 1-to-10 trillion orbiting planets, total. Then there are ~2 trillion galaxies in our universe so far that we think we know exist. That gives us about 10^25 planets. If we assume a form of life from single cell to complex organism is only to be found on every billionth planet, that still leaves 10^16 planets that could potentially host life of some description.

Reactions: obafgkm
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
No.

We're being observed and manipulated by interdimensional entities beyond our limit of five-sense perception at every moment.

Reactions: Astral Storm and obafgkm
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
is there extraterrestrial life? sure
Other civilizations? It's hard
Interfalactic civilizations? Very difficult. At least near us

Leech

Leech

ɴᴏᴡ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟy ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ʀᴇᴀʟ
Aug 8, 2020
I dont think we're alone, and I don't think we're the only civilized beings. But I don't think we will ever make contact with extraterrestrials ever due to the great filter.

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
What do you think?

Everyone here is wrong! The whole universe if full of planets with pro-lifers! I bet you didn't know that :smiling:

Jokes aside, I don't believe that there's much use in thinking that there's life our size out there. In other words, I believe that our existence is contained in a spec of dust, basically, in a much greater universe, which means that we will never meet those humongous beings who are living on some plane that's so huge that they don't even know that we exist - a bit like in the movie Horton Hears a Who! form 2008.

Last edited:
O

obafgkm

Experienced
Jun 3, 2022
Practically yes. No one has really been to the "universe". Everything is just told by scientists. The universe is like wall paper in sealed room. It's very much just an imagination based on everyday experiences. Things are probably very different, or even incomprehensible to human mind, just a little bit further away.

Reactions: Julgran
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
What do you think?
I think so. If there is intelligent life out there is so far away we'd never be able to interact with it, so for all intents and purposes we're alone.