Scrubs2016

Scrubs2016

You cannot live without Darkness.
Dec 28, 2020
To try to meet people in RL locally to support each other? Would this help or is there a fear that mass suicide would follow? I would rather try to meet people who are in genuine need to talk, at a coffee shop or a greasy spoon. I think because I need the social interaction.

Brief history, got out of prison 2.5 years ago, my wife then died suddenly 2 months ago. I'm in temporary housing for those 2.5 years as I'm disabled and a wheelchair user and can't find anywhere to live.

I could do with the interaction, I could do with a good laugh. I could do with genuine people who don't stab me in the back. I could do with a hug.

So, let me know what everyone thinks?

In the UK.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: chloramine, Seaghost and Life_and_Death
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
To try to meet people in RL locally to support each other? Would this help or is there a fear that mass suicide would follow? I would rather try to meet people who are in genuine need to talk, at a coffee shop or a greasy spoon. I think because I need the social interaction.

Brief history, got out of prison 2.5 years ago, my wife then died suddenly 2 months ago. I'm in temporary housing for those 2.5 years as I'm disabled and a wheelchair user and can't find anywhere to live.

I could do with the interaction, I could do with a good laugh. I could do with genuine people who don't stab me in the back. I could do with a hug.

So, let me know what everyone thinks?

This is a great initiative, and it's good of you to consider this, but be mindful of the fact that you never know who will actually show up - it could be someone who likes to troll people, someone who wishes to hurt you, or perhaps even law enforcement.

I'm not sure if you should be put off by what I wrote above, put keep it in mind :wink:

You seem like a strong person for having gone through all that.

Last edited:
Reactions: chloramine, 8evergo and Scrubs2016
K

Kali999

Jul 14, 2022
I hope You meet someone to hang out with , just be careful and really get to know someone before ever meeting in private.

Reactions: chloramine, 8evergo and Scrubs2016
8evergo

8evergo

Mage
Oct 20, 2021
you should be damn careful giving out your info, don't get paranoid but be careful

Reactions: Scrubs2016
rainwillneverstop

rainwillneverstop

Global Mod | Serious Health Hazard
Jul 12, 2022
Just remember to meet in a public place, but you have already suggested that so it's a good start!

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I have met people from this website before and they were very kind and nice to me, not suss at all. However, it's wise to tread with caution when it comes to meeting strangers. Always free to chat if you feel like sending me a message, I'm in the UK as well and incredibly lonely, find it hard to go out and do things because I'm disabled as well and experience pain frequently.

• Hugs
Reactions: katagiri83, chloramine, RainAndSadness and 4 others
Scrubs2016

Scrubs2016

Dec 28, 2020
Thank you Kuri, I will take you up on that.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Never ask permission - it's always better to ask forgiveness. And you're an adult, who the hell is going to tell you not to meet another adult. Don't stalk people on ss and harass them to meet, and you're fine.

Scrubs2016

Scrubs2016

Dec 28, 2020
True, but it's best to be safe than sorry. Public cafe in nearest large town / hub is probably best though.