Emotional/Emotionless???

• V emotional. i'm sensitive & find myself crying over things ppl usually don't. i feel v deeply.

• Reg emotional. i still experience the avg emotional spectrum.

• Barely Emotional. i feel some emotions occasionally, but it's usually the neg ones.

• Emotionless. hollow. can't cry, can't get mad, can't get happy. i'm always :|

Results are only viewable after voting.
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
for me, i feel nothing, i guess. if i have the energy & want to, i'll make myself smile & laugh/act shocked & upset when i'm supposed to, or change the tone of my voice when needed-but i don't acc feel the emotions that're associated w those things. i'm just responding to stimuli. alone, i don't feel anything.

i try to think abt sad things to be sad, like my only family member dying & me finally really truly being all alone, but i don't feel anything abt it. it's been like this for years. i think it's due to constant isolation & lack of relationships/social development. i'm grateful for it, but also not. it took away the constant overwhelming anguish that was the driving force of me kms. now, idk if i can overcome SI on logic alone. esp w my method.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: reclaimedbynature, Kit1 and mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I used to be emotionless when I was younger but now I'm so overwhelmed by everything I cry regularly. I worry about the only family member i have in my life passing away and leaving me completely alone. I never used to think about this much when I was younger..

the lack of relationships and social development has caught up with me as well. I used to spend every day alone and sleep and I felt comfortable that way.. but now I can't be alone for long without panicking:(

• Love
Reactions: Kit1 and whywere
Maeve

Maeve

The screaming never stops
Jul 17, 2023
Both tbh
Dome days i am really emotional and some i feel nothing i also have huge mood swings

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and mediocre
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
I used to be emotionless when I was younger but now I'm so overwhelmed by everything I cry regularly. I worry about the only family member i have in my life passing away and leaving me completely alone.

I used to spend every day alone and sleep and I felt comfortable that way.. but now I can't be alone for long without panicking:(
thx sm for replying!!!! :) most ppl just view & don't interact. i'm sorry u also only have 1 family member, it really emphasizes the aloneness.

i can't imagine how hard it must be for u, going from emotionless to feeling everything so deeply</3 is there anything that brings u peace/calms u when u panic??

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
oh youre welcome! 🤗
I am sorry about your situation also.. it's specially bad when you only have one family member and nobody else not even friends in my case:(

It sounds weird.. but crying does help with feeling overwhelmed or panic.. I don't know why but it does for me. I can calm down a little bit after.

did you ever feel overwhelmed you could cry? Or you don't feel anything now?

• Love
Reactions: Kit1 and whywere
asteroidFren

asteroidFren

Jan 15, 2024
on the outside i show myself as emotionless
but on the inside i am deeply emotional

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kit1, mediocre and whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I am so emotional, that I wonder if the term came from me. Growing up back in the 1960's, my "dad" would beat the hell out of me if I cried about anything ever, fast forward to 2024 and i am still the same.

I love and care about everyone and it messes my mind and emotions up when others are having a tough go of it.

With that last sentence said, lots of huge hugs, love and the very best of thoughts to each and every soul here.

Walter

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre and hikikomorizombie
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
Growing up back in the 1960's, my "dad" would beat the hell out of me if I cried about anything ever, fast forward to 2024 and i am still the same.

lots of huge hugs, love and the very best of thoughts to each and every soul here.

Walter
omg :( im so sorry to hear about ur childhood, Walter. i can't even imagine how that must've affected u from then-now.

as a kid, before my father went MIA on me, he used to pick up me & my cousins by our ankles & lash us w the belt. what makes adults want to treat children like that, even as a punishment??

& thanks v much for the hugs + love, Walter :') <333 ditto.
i am sorry about your situation also.. it's specially bad when you only have one family member and nobody else not even friends in my case:(

did you ever feel overwhelmed you could cry? Or you don't feel anything now?
i also have no friends :/ neither irl or online, & haven't since i was 16. it just gets harder & harder to change that w age, too.

i'm glad that @ least the crying gives u some relief :') that'd def be considered a good coping mechanism by a Dr. & i'm sure i have felt that way b4, but i can't remember it. the last time i felt overwhelmed was when i was at my jumping spot, & couldn't get myself to do it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: whywere and mediocre
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
For most of my life I've been fairly emotionless. I suppose lack of social contact from the world caused that as well as seeing so much negative things in the world.

However recently I've started to slowly feel emotions again and it's terrifying. I don't want to feel emotions even good ones. It sounds dumb but I believe it's just because it's so unfamiliar to me and I wouldn't know how to handle emotions. I just hope I can close myself off again instead of dealing with any emotions.

• Love
Reactions: hikikomorizombie
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I'm pretty much completely emotionless. But every once in a while I have moments of clarity and I'll cry about my pathetic situation. I used to be easily angered a lot but somehow that's not an issue anymore.

• Love
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
I don't want to feel emotions even good ones. It sounds dumb....I just hope I can close myself off again instead of dealing with any emotions.
it doesn't sound dumb @ all!! i feel like being emotionless is overall much more beneficial than having them.

what i would do if i were u, is every time i started to feel something, i'd immediately try to think of smthg else/distract myself. that's how i stopped myself from thinking abt things i didn't want to think abt. takes some training but eventually you're a blank slate, lol. dk if it'd be the same for emotions tho.
I used to be easily angered a lot but somehow that's not an issue anymore.
do u think it's better to be angry or sad?? if u had to pick 1 of the 2.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Leavesfromthevine
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
it doesn't sound dumb @ all!! i feel like being emotionless is overall much more beneficial than having them.

what i would do if i were u, is every time i started to feel something, i'd immediately try to think of smthg else/distract myself. that's how i stopped myself from thinking abt things i didn't want to think abt. takes some training but eventually you're a blank slate, lol. dk if it'd be the same for emotions tho.

do u think it's better to be angry or sad?? if u had to pick 1 of the 2.
Probably sadness, my anger/rage was really ugly.

Nori

Nori

Nori
Dec 23, 2023
I used to be really cold and almost stunted. I could disassociate and a lot of people would call me out on it. I think since then I have let way too much and too many people and experiences into my heart. Now at any given moment I'll feel a wave of tears (happy or sad) coming along. I kind of like it like this more though. It feels nice to care so much.

• Love
Reactions: whywere
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Aside from being very irritated and annoyed at how I'm forced to continue living, I'm emotionless

• Love
S

Stinger4771

It's never too late. Unless you’re dead.
Jul 26, 2023
> Are U Emotional or Emotionless?

Yes.

BlackMoon

BlackMoon

Peace-seeker
Oct 30, 2023
I'm an emotional soul in an emotionless carapace.

Last edited: