• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

emptyenvelopes

emptyenvelopes

Jun 15, 2024
One of the reasons I am so sad is I feel like I don't have community. The appeal of a cult is that you're stuck with those people forever. I'd never be alone again. If you know of any decent cults accepting new members, please share below.

• Hugs
Reactions: binturong, fleetingnight, houseofleaves and 1 other person
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
This is the main appeal of joining a local church. I would do it but I can't sell out on my own personal views just to fit in.

Reactions: yellowjester, houseofleaves and psp3000
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
One of the reasons I am so sad is I feel like I don't have community. The appeal of a cult is that you're stuck with those people forever. I'd never be alone again. If you know of any decent cults accepting new members, please share below.
How about a community living group? You can Google for those in your area or check Facebook.

Reactions: 3/4Dead
BruhXDDDDD

BruhXDDDDD

Student
Feb 18, 2022
> non-toxic
> cult

Reactions: tankapi, landslide2, Skathon and 2 others
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
As someone who was a member of a religious cult for a decade, I can understand the urge and yearning for community. Since then I have found positive communities with Buddhist groups - particularly Zen groups. They tend to be open to various levels of participation. What type of group would be a good fit for you is a matter of personal taste.

As a word of caution, I encourage you to learn about the BITE model. It's a way of examining different types of coercive control - the toxic part of cults.

Dg01tj3poiv41

Last edited:
Reactions: Pluto, tankapi, Throwawayacc3 and 3 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Join my cult @Rocinante

• Wow
Reactions: ijustwishtodie and Rocinante
Contraband

Contraband

Incompatible Software
May 26, 2024
probably not a great idea. most of them start innocent and well-intentioned until some wacky psychopath steps in as its leader.

Reactions: houseofleaves
sedationgapmoe

sedationgapmoe

🐎
Sep 9, 2023
That's an oxymoron. There's no such thing as a non-toxic cult.

Reactions: NumbItAll and Skathon
Yarani

Yarani

When I deserve it the least, I need love the most.
Mar 29, 2024

@Pluto This post would have been your duty, now I'm sad 😿

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: binturong, Pluto, spring vainglory and 1 other person
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
What about this one?

• Yay!
Reactions: halleyscomet
JustA_LittlePerson

JustA_LittlePerson

One person in a sea...
May 21, 2024
probably not a great idea. most of them start innocent and well-intentioned until some wacky psychopath steps in as its leader.
Imagine this fella realizing it's the same with politics lol

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
This is one of my deepest fears, getting into a cult and then not being allowed to leave. If you're looking for a community to ease your loneliness there are way better outlets to seek out there. I know that suggesting going outside and finding people who share your hobbies is a generic thing to say but I think in your case it's still better than joining a cult.

sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Experienced
Dec 14, 2023
As someone who was a member of a religious cult for a decade, I can understand the urge and yearning for community. Since then I have found positive communities with Buddhist groups - particularly Zen groups. They tend to be open to various levels of participation. What type of group would be a good fit for you is a matter of personal taste.

As a word of caution, I encourage you to learn about the BITE model. It's a way of examining different types of coercive control - the toxic part of cults.

View attachment 143189
Ironically enough Dialectical Behavioral Therapy fits into this.

_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
Reactions: binturong, sancta-simplicitas and yellowjester
golta

golta

Just wants more company
Apr 14, 2024
Please never join a cult. They brainwash you and you are unable to leave. Better join other communities please

T

thot88

Student
Apr 11, 2023

View attachment 143189
I'm just asking out of curiosity. What cult was that?

_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
I'm just asking out of curiosity. What cult was that?
The Hare Krishnas (ISKCON - the International Society for Krishna Consciousness). I joined when I was 17, shortly after my first ctb attempt, and left at 26. During that time I lived in several centers in the US, a monastery in Germany, one in Northern Ireland, and spent some time in India.

Last edited:
Reactions: leavingthesoultrap, yellowjester and thot88
spring vainglory

spring vainglory

from a moon soaked in distance.
Feb 3, 2024
i understand u, being in a cult you wouldn't have to do any of the work since you're basically forced to be around one another. just pick a church/mosque/temple of your choosing to attend. there aren't really any nontoxic ones though. maybe find some that are sexuality/race inclusive? i see lots of churches with gay flags hung up in my area.

i suggest playing cult of the lamb, its on steam and switch, might be on other consoles too. you could join the discord group for the game and make friends in the chat too. i feel like that might be a lot of fun for you. (it is for me)

never realized how accurate a description this cult methodology is of every religion ever LOL!

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
The Hare Krishnas (ISKCON - the International Society for Krishna Consciousness). I joined when I was 17, shortly after my first ctb attempt, and left at 26. During that time I lived in several centers in the US, a monastery in Germany, one in Northern Ireland, and spent some time in India.
How was your experience, overall?

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
How was your experience, overall?
Overall, it was great. I appreciated the structure and routine. I was a temple priest and really enjoyed that work and the opportunities it granted. (Example, I was able to move to Germany to become a head priest at a temple there. I was able to travel to India several times for priest training.) I found the rituals and ceremonies to be beautiful. Maintaining them was a full-time, likely overtime, job. It felt nice to have a clear place in a community.

Here is an example of a temple altar at a place I lived:
Altar Hare Krishna Temple Inis Rath 1

The downsides came primarily from misuse of power. The group I was in was very homophobic, so I was closeted most of the time. When I came out I was told to get married and have children, as a solution. (I thankfully avoided the children part.) I'm also still highly affected by the negation of the body - "you're the soul, not your body." This effectively made it difficult to develop the sensitivity to bodily signals. For example, you slept and ate at when you told you could. As a temple priest there was an emphasis on ritual purity, so I feel I've become uncomfortable and kind of stressed with bodily functions that are seen as impure - like going to the bathroom.

In recent years I've learned that I'm autistic, which gives me some insight to how I have been affected by the experience. Looking back I can see how religion became my primary special interest. Many of my former peers where not so adversely impacted.

As I write all of this out, it feels like there was more negative, but I still look back on a lot of it with fondness. It's complicated. Thanks for asking ^__^

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: binturong, AvwJ, Pluto and 2 others