AboutTimeToDepart

AboutTimeToDepart

Apr 8, 2024
Hiya - as the title says, I'm wondering if there are any methods that people think would help overcome the SI that comes along with standing on the edge.

3 times now, I've stood at the edge, with the intention of jumping, but each time, I just... can't. I've tried during the day, when I can see the drop (bad idea, as it turns out!), and even at night, where I cannot see the ground - I thought that the lack of visiblity would make it easier somehow? Once again, wrong...

Each time, during the drive down, I'm calm, fully comfortable with the idea of catchin' the bus, but for some reason as soon as I reach the edge, my brain just says nah...

I've considered alchohol, but any mention of that I see on this site is genuinely met with people advising against it, since it apparently relaxes muscles which can soften the impact to the organs. Not sure how much this would matter if I hit my head at the bottom, but idk.

Jumping is really the only method I have access to. Hanging, which does appeal to me, would require a solitary location that I won't be found in, which I don't really have access to.

Any other ideas, besides alchohol which could give me the 'edge' as it were, to finally make the jump?

NegevChina

NegevChina

Sep 5, 2024
Jumping for me is the only reliable method. I've been to the location at day and night just to see how it feels. I think I'll attempt at night. Dont know about SI, I think I'll try lots of benzos.

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
Hiya - as the title says, I'm wondering if there are any methods that people think would help overcome the SI that comes along with standing on the edge.

3 times now, I've stood at the edge, with the intention of jumping, but each time, I just... can't. I've tried during the day, when I can see the drop (bad idea, as it turns out!), and even at night, where I cannot see the ground - I thought that the lack of visiblity would make it easier somehow? Once again, wrong...

Each time, during the drive down, I'm calm, fully comfortable with the idea of catchin' the bus, but for some reason as soon as I reach the edge, my brain just says nah...

I've considered alchohol, but any mention of that I see on this site is genuinely met with people advising against it, since it apparently relaxes muscles which can soften the impact to the organs. Not sure how much this would matter if I hit my head at the bottom, but idk.

Jumping is really the only method I have access to. Hanging, which does appeal to me, would require a solitary location that I won't be found in, which I don't really have access to.

Any other ideas, besides alchohol which could give me the 'edge' as it were, to finally make the jump?
Is there any known documented cases where someone has survived a high enough fall for CTB, just because they drank alcohol prior? Does anyone know? I can't personally imagine jumping without having had alcohol if I were to go with that as a method.