P

przeciwwymiotne

Be rude to me at all times, I don't deserve kindne
Jun 27, 2022
I wanna reset and unwind. Feels like all the things that could give me relief are bad for me. Binge eating, neglecting sleep, screaming at my mom. How tf do I get rid of bad feelings in a healthy way? Or how tf do I manage waiting till the feelings go away?

• Hugs
Reactions: looseye and chloramine
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Short term relief can be found in small indulgences such as a favorite book or movie. Longer term solutions are going to require more effort. There may be physiological factors that experimentation with sleep, exercise, diet, supplements, etc. can influence.

There may be psychological or developmental habits or ways of thinking that cause you to sabotage yourself. These can take a long time to alter even after they are acknowledged.

One thing that can be helpful is to start small and recognize improvements that help you build momentum to tackle bigger things.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: przeciwwymiotne, emgrl, Venus13 and 2 others
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
In done with merely coping, final exit is my hoping!šŸ˜­

S

Shadow Life

Sep 4, 2022
I wanna reset and unwind. Feels like all the things that could give me relief are bad for me. Binge eating, neglecting sleep, screaming at my mom. How tf do I get rid of bad feelings in a healthy way? Or how tf do I manage waiting till the feelings go away?
I agree with TIMF's comment, and I would like to add a suggestion: learn Mindfulness Meditation. Has anyone suggested that to you before? It might be difficult in the beginning - it takes practice - it also takes determination and discipline. The results can be life-changing because it helps you to self-regulate your emotional highs and lows by teaching you to "see" aka "be aware" of what you are feeling, and when and why you are feeling that way. Once you are able to understand what (or who) triggers you, you then learn that you have a choice in how you respond to that trigger. You learn to choose your battles and stop wasting your energies on the small stuff that might only make you more frustrated, angry, or depressed. Some things and arguments just aren't worth the pain we might cause ourselves. It's okay to know that we are 'right' without having to make everyone around us know it, too.

Focusing your attention on your breath, or the sensations in your body (called a body scan), or watching a movie, reading a novel, playing a video game, can all be ways in which you can at least temporarily distract you from the negative, ruminating thoughts that only keep you feeling down. Maybe try learning something you've always wanted to try - like a musical instrument, DIY stuff, or learning to bake - whatever it is that interests you. Using your hands/body to DO something is a fantastic way to 'get out of your head' believe me. I hope you're having a better day today.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: przeciwwymiotne, onlyanimalsaregood and Shivali
S

Shadow Life

Sep 4, 2022
p.s. There are meditation-type apps you can download to your phone. There's one called Plum Village and I think Headspace is another one. There are many you can choose from. They have "guided meditations" from as short as 5 mins and also have teaching tutorials. I've been doing it for 5 years - and it's the reason I haven't ctb'd. I still think about it when I get triggered, but I've been able to stop myself (after venting, of course!) by spending more time watching/reading about mindfulness. You might like to read the very helpful and insightful blogs on a site called Tiny Buddha. I wish you well.