nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
Hello,

Learning languages was my passion before suffering from depression.

I dropped learning languages and now I feel like a failure.
I never completed a task. I started learning Hindi and Farsi and dropped them in the middle way. I feel so sad about it.

Now, I'm thinking if there are any Hindi/Farsi speakers using this website. We can chat and learn new things together. This may help us to improve our life a bit.
I want to do the things I used to love before leaving this world.

Reactions: Werewolf.
W

Werewolf.

Student
May 28, 2021
Hi! I don't speak either Hindi or Persian, however, I do speak Urdu, which is mutually intelligible with Hindi. It has the same base, though, and I could conversate with someone who speaks Hindi. But, since Urdu also has a lot of loan words from the Arabic, Persian and Turkic languages, there will also be things that a Hindi speaker cannot understand. The opposite is also true, because Hindi has a lot of loan words from the Sanskriet language.

• Love
Reactions: nopointofliving
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
Hi! I don't speak either Hindi or Persian, however, I do speak Urdu, which is mutually intelligible with Hindi. It has the same base, though, and I could conversate with someone who speaks Hindi. But, since Urdu also has a lot of loan words from the Arabic, Persian and Turkic languages, there will also be things that a Hindi speaker cannot understand. The opposite is also true, because Hindi has a lot of loan words from the Sanskriet language.
Beautiful ...can we chat?

• Yay!
W

Werewolf.

Student
May 28, 2021
Beautiful ...can we chat?
Of course! No need to ask haha. I am always open for a chat. Although I will be going to bed in a few minutes since I haven't slept and it's already 11am. Do you want me to start the conversation or should I wait for you?

• Hugs
Reactions: nopointofliving
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
Of course! No need to ask haha. I am always open for a chat. Although I will be going to bed in a few minutes since I haven't slept and it's already 11am. Do you want me to start the conversation or should I wait for you?
I have sent you a chat message, you can reply when you get up. you need some rest now:)