• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I'm betraying myself by opening this Pandora's Box but I feel I need to. (I know I'm going to regret this!). :mmm:

Are there any Eastern Orthodox here - Russian, Greek, Antiochian, etc.? I'm a convert and don't know what the protocol is for suicide. I thought about emailing the diocese but there's no way to do it anonymously.

Cheers,
:heart:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Nymph, Deleted member 4993 and death137
Cursed Shaman

Cursed Shaman

Aug 21, 2018
Im Greek, i dont really believe but i know that suicide is one of the greatest sins in Orthodox faith.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Yup. I just want to know if I should involve my pneumatiko or not... :'(

• Hugs
Cursed Shaman

Cursed Shaman

Aug 21, 2018
what do you mean pneumatiko? i know the word but dont understand the meaning in your sentence.

• Hugs
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Do I tell my (atheist) parents to contact him or is he just going to say "no" because he can't give me a funeral?

• Love
Cursed Shaman

Cursed Shaman

Aug 21, 2018
The only case a person died from suicide deserve a funeral is if he was crazy and didnt know what he did. If someone was mentaly health and suicide is forbiden to take funeral. Many parents and relatives often tell lie to priest cause they want a funeral. The priest exam the case and decide.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Deleted member 18655
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
That's what I thought, even though my diocese is very moderate. It's going to hurt him. I would hurt him not to be able to give me a funeral. :'( He's the only reason I'm still alive. I promised him at Pascha that I wouldn't ctb. He's pretty much cut me off right now. I don't want the first thing in months he gets from me is a delayed email. :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

• Love
Cursed Shaman

Cursed Shaman

Aug 21, 2018
i understand.. you are close to him and you dont want to hurt him. but maybe he will unterstand and decide to give you a funeral .. i wish you good luck whetever you choose.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Deleted member 18655
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Used to be Oriental Orthodox (EOTC). Someone I know ctb and wasn't buried in the place his parents first wanted because of suicide. I think its similar with the Eastern Orthodox.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 18655, Deleted member 4993 and XYZ
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
As far as I know Orthodoxy does not allow suiciders to be buried in the church cemetery and receive a proper burial. I am not sure what you mean by "protocol". If an Orthodox ctbs they will not receive a religious ceremony, but the priest (some priests do that) might say a few words at the funeral.
Used to be Oriental Orthodox (EOTC). Someone I know ctb and wasn't buried in the place his parents first wanted because of suicide. I think its similar with the Eastern Orthodox.

That is correct. The person who dies by suivide is not allowed to be buried in "holy" church ground. Nothing holy about that rule, if you ask me.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: death137, Deleted member 18655 and Deleted member 4993
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
:'( Someone just kill me so I don't have to face this, please!!!

I don't want to talk theology here (the Geek in me is coming out lol). From a Russian site: " In regard to suicide, the Church has taken very seriously such spiritual and physical factors, and has responded pastorally by offering a funeral service and burial to suicide victims whose capacities for judgment and action were found to be significantly diminished. " This is what I'm hoping for... -_-

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Nymph, dysfunctional, Neville1 and 2 others
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
That is correct. The person who dies by suivide is not allowed to be buried in "holy" church ground. Nothing holy about that rule, if you ask me.
Yeah its a bad rule. I'm not a believer so I don't mind the effect suicide have on my burial. My mother is non-religious but follow burial tradition. She will feel very sad by the rule (that is if she survive my suicide and live to see my funeral). If its legal in my country and my family know what is best for Earth then they should cremate my body.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, XYZ and Deleted member 18655
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I can't do this. I can't make this decision - stay alive or crush the person I love more than anyone, anywhere, anytime. How do you make a decision like this? I'm sobbing like a mad woman, a freak. I've never had to make a choice like this. People have families, spouses, partners, friends and they have to choose. I don't have many of those and certainly none I would consider living for. This is different. The stakes are higher. Much higher. I can't go into why but I think I've reached my crisis point.

(Please please, just humour me if you don't believe).

HOW does one make SUCH a decision? I am alone and get to just think about myself; I'll never have to live for the sake of children or a family. But this is my dilemma. The biggest I've ever had to face. :ohhhh:

Thank you for even reading this blubbering swill :heart:

Brick wall

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and XYZ
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
I can't do this. I can't make this decision - stay alive or crush the person I love more than anyone, anywhere, anytime. How do you make a decision like this? I'm sobbing like a mad woman, a freak. I've never had to make a choice like this. People have families, spouses, partners, friends and they have to choose. I don't have many of those and certainly none I would consider living for. This is different. The stakes are higher. Much higher. I can't go into why but I think I've reached my crisis point.

(Please please, just humour me if you don't believe).

HOW does one make SUCH a decision? I am alone and get to just think about myself; I'll never have to live for the sake of children or a family. But this is my dilemma. The biggest I've ever had to face. :ohhhh:

Thank you for even reading this blubbering swill :heart:

This truly is the hardest decision and the biggest dilemma for believers and non-believers alike. I may not be religious, and I may find religion antiquated and at times dubious, but I recognize the value of faith and I think people who believe have an advantage over me. If nothing else, religion gives them a God to turn to. They have someone who hears their most arduous prayers and looks down upon their bitterest tears. That's more than I could ever, ever hope for in this life. Thx for sharing, Broken Heart, and may you find the answer and some inner peace.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 18655 and Deleted member 4993
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Thanks, everyone, for tolerating my meltdown. Orthodoxy is the centre of everything for me - joy, peace, love, tenderness, abuse, pain, terror, trauma, torture, etc. And it has been for 25 years. I had my trauma group Zoom last night and was a sobbing pile of rubbish for hours afterwards. The group itself, the time before the group and the time after the group bring everything up all over again. Every week. i don't know if I should stay in it. But, after last night's meltdown, I do know that my decision not to hurt someone is the same as everyone else's decision not to hurt loved ones. But sometimes we just have to. In terms of not having a funeral, I'm okay with that. I wouldn't expect one, seeing as how I'm expecting hell anyways. And about people not being able to give me an Orthodox send off? Well, I've always disappointed people anyways. This will just be the last time I'll be able to. It's all good. Thank you again for putting up with me. If I could delete this thread, I would.

Now, where's the #$@!* SN already? I'm ready.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: XYZ and Deleted member 4993