• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ctbcat

ctbcat

Yes, the everlasting contrast.
Jul 14, 2023
for me there's a lot, which might pull in to question some naivete, or delusion, or something, but i'm not, i'd like to think at least. i don't believe my attachment to these people is anything more than onesided, that i'm any more special than some other crazed superfan who also misses them, etc. it's a factor in my catching of the bus, but not the biggest, and... i've always been surrounded by death, i suppose - my grandparents died when i was young enough to process it but not old enough that anyone could relate and it fucked me up a little - so death maybe doesn't do for me what it does for others (as in, the sorrow)

not every suicide victim i find attachment/comfort in is remembered as a good person. which i guess you could call me abhorrent for, and i won't fight it. but... yeah. there's just so many dead people i love.

i have to clarify i have to use the vocab of 'ctb victim' because there's no other term i know of that encompasses them, but i don't necessarily believe all of them to be victims.

• Hugs
Reactions: pilotviolin, the_path_of_sorrows, sserafim and 2 others
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
yessss. this John Doe's suicide note sucker punches me in the sternum every time i read it, always resonates so hard & so deeply (except for the loving parents part, lol). he perfectly verbalized what i've never been able to.

John Doe Note

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: UtopianSoliloquies, WhatPowerIs, dogbreath and 16 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I envy anyone who managed to ctb, they are the true fortunate ones and were very courageous to me. I see suicide as self care rather than something to become a "victim" from, to me suicide is unnecessary suffering prevention and the way to find safety from suffering in an existence that was very much undesirable in the first place, I only see non-existence as ideal as it's the permanent absence of harm and torment.

• Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Hunter2005, Meteora and 8 others
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Chester Bennington

• Love
Reactions: Meteora and restless.dreams
restless.dreams

restless.dreams

inactive (see my profile)
Feb 7, 2024
Sylvia Plath and Robin Williams come to mind.

• Love
Reactions: whaleandwasp, Meteora, Chronicoverwhelm and 4 others
B

bluebird16

Student
Feb 27, 2023
Nick Drake. Chester Bennington.

Reactions: Meteora, Homo erectus and divinemistress36
Aim

Aim

šŸ¤
Sep 12, 2023
Hehe!!, Loves this question :D I think i would have to say Chris Cornell. <3 What an loveable and cool guy <3

• Love
Reactions: divinemistress36
VidFlumina

VidFlumina

Mind shattered beyond repair
Dec 14, 2023
User of this site LetzteAusfahrt, who committed suicide in October 2020. I sometimes read his posts because his laid back attitude towards death brings me some kind of solace.

Example:
"I see my dying as something beautiful that I can unfortunately only experience once. The thought of it makes me happy, so I want to be able to enjoy the process." Every time I read it I feel like it changes my brain.

• Love
Reactions: LifeIsCrazyNemb, Meteora, Trakehner and 4 others
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Robin Williams.
Chris Cornell
Marilyn Monroe (was it murder)

i doubt Bruce Willis won't be far off, horrible disease hes got.

Reactions: divinemistress36
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
yessss. this John Doe's suicide note sucker punches me in the sternum every time i read it, always resonates so hard & so deeply (except for the loving parents part, lol). he perfectly verbalized what i've never been able to.

John Doe Note
Just read it. Tears xxxxx

• Hugs
Reactions: hikikomorizombie
astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
Chantal Akerman. One of my favorite directors and who CTB shortly after her mother's death due to an inability to cope with the loss. I sympathize since I'm not going to be able to survive my own mother's (or father's) death.

Christine Chubbuck. I first read about her when I was a teenager and I had a feeling I'd turn out just like her. Surprise surprise, here I am, a dateless, largely friendless virgin pushing 30 who men find "off-putting," who wanted nothing more than a husband and children, living at home, considering death by GSW.

• Love
Reactions: pilotviolin and divinemistress36
wastingpotential

wastingpotential

drowning, always.
Feb 8, 2023
sylvia plath & kurt cobain

Reactions: Meteora, ctbcat and sunnysidedown
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Gene Sprague, the guy in my picture frame. Would have love to jump with him.

Chester bennington , i relate to his song. Ive been hurting since childhood and im crashing right now.

• Love
Reactions: bridgegirl
sunnysidedown

sunnysidedown

should I kill myself, or have a cup of coffee?
Jun 28, 2023
sylvia plath & kurt cobain
Yesss, I love that you mentioned Sylvia Plath!! Her last poem always strikes a chord in me. Kurt's suicide note also made me tear upā€¦

• Hugs
Reactions: bridgegirl and wastingpotential
bettertosleep

bettertosleep

May 3, 2023
Pelle Ohlin, i don't really like Mayhem anymore but i relate to the lyrics of "Life Eternal" so much

P

piryohae3

Jan 2, 2024
I take comfort in the fact that there are so many others that have already CTB. Last year over 50,000 people killed themselves in the US alone. Over 700,000 people killed themselves worldwide last year. So many others are miserable just like me. Whatever their circumstances are, it drove them to CTB. I'm not alone in this feeling. So many other people did it and I can too.

Reactions: FutureHanger and ctbcat
FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023

John Doe Note
cool, I wonder how you found this? Just wondering as I'd now like to read more suicide notes out of curiosity
I take comfort in the fact that there are so many others that have already CTB. Last year over 50,000 people killed themselves in the US alone. Over 700,000 people killed themselves worldwide last year. So many others are miserable just like me. Whatever their circumstances are, it drove them to CTB. I'm not alone in this feeling. So many other people did it and I can too.
I get so scared of SI, but knowing every day thousands manage to overcome it gives me hope that I may be able to beat it too.

Last edited:
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
The 27 Club although I m much older now and at the moment a German guy who between age 16 and 23 was diagnosed with cancer three times.

The second and third time he refused to do anything that would help against cancer (chemo, diet etc). On his chest there was a huge tumor growing... very disgusting thing.
He accepted his fate.... found peace with death. Very impressive attitude, he left behind his twin brother to whom he had a very deep connection and his parents and lots of friends. Its not really suicide but in some ways it still was. I liked his approach to death.

computersrfun

computersrfun

Just a funny girl
Feb 26, 2024
Chiyomi Hashiguchi, aka Nekojiru. I relate with her and her work so heavily, feeling like some weird alien creature who doesn't fit in with this world. She hung herself like I will. Also, we both love Aphex Twin, lol.

I think about her often and the impact her work has had on me. I wanted a Nyatta tattoo next to my Aphex Twin one before I passed, but I think my time coming soon won't allow for that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240229-120104.png
    Screenshot_20240229-120104.png
    461.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
PixelPlant

PixelPlant

smile, youā€™ve lived :)
Aug 15, 2023
Billy Watts(djkillbill313) seemed like such a nice guy.
now, his quote serves as my subtitle.

isthisit?

isthisit?

The name's Cedrik
Jun 23, 2023
Terry Davis. His life was incredible but sad

Reactions: pilotviolin and computersrfun
thegoldengirls

thegoldengirls

Student
Feb 10, 2024
Conrad Henry. The teenager in the US who ctb via carbon monoxide. I found his method so tangible for myself, so much so I even purchased a generator.
I would study all the articles, they even posted pictures of the scene and the equipment he used, how long it took for him to ctb,etc.
But I chickened out with that method because I feared that I will just suffer long term effects instead of ctb.
He seemed like a nice young fellow too, had depression, anxiety.
His suicide was controversial because of his girlfriend at the time.

Reactions: bridgegirl
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Ian Curtis, Elliot Smith, Nick Drake

Reactions: astonishedturnip
bridgegirl

bridgegirl

life on the edge, I guess
Oct 16, 2023

John Doe Note
"I didn't tell jokes - I was a joke."

Guess this is why no one ever laughs at my jokes. Explains a lot.
I feel a connection to the people who have died at the spot where I want to die. It is a certain type of comfort - knowing I'm not alone. Knowing this place has had, in some way, a pull. I like knowing their names and their stories.

Someone above said Gene Sprague - different spot than mine, but I've always really felt for Gene as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: return.