• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
For me that would have to be definitely Tyler the Creator, Kali Uchis, TV Girl, Salvia Palth, and a few more I can't remember because it's been a few years and because I am cringing a bit too embarrassed to say.

(I miss the 2010s and wish people gatekept more I think)

Reactions: idk3, Rocinante and lemonbunny
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
If they get popular you just exclusively listen to the old stuff and obnoxiously mock people who like the new popular stuff.

• Yay!
Reactions: DefinitelyReady and psp3000
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Tyler the Creator, Chief Keef(couldn't escape his popularity, he was everywhere), Earl Sweatshirt, Hopsin. The latter didn't age well

Reactions: innominesatanas44 and sserafim
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
Tyler the Creator, Chief Keef(couldn't escape his popularity, he was everywhere), Earl Sweatshirt, Hopsin. The latter didn't age well
good list although I never listened to or liked Hopsin and I never listened to Chief Keef but yeah he was definitely unavoidable (kept seeing people make IMVU fan music videos of his stuff)

sometimes I still wonder if Odd Future will ever be a thing again as well or if anyone will reupload the Dinosaur EP and some of the Summertime Mixes or if there will ever be a WOLF film

yeah they didn't age well but it would be cool if for April Fools day edgy or absurd stuff like that was randomly posted again to trick the old fans into thinking there will be some kind of new Bastard-esque album or I would even settle for another Cherry Bomb-esque album (don't know why people hated that one)
If they get popular you just exclusively listen to the old stuff and obnoxiously mock people who like the new popular stuff.
I actually am guilty of doing this / was part of a fan group that used to do that a few years ago

eventually left because they had really bad takes and started harassing people

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Why, do the birds, go on singing??
Mar 14, 2024
Beyoncé
(Throw tomatoes at me and I'll throw coconuts at you😑)

• Yay!
Reactions: Saturn_ and psp3000
leaftomb

leaftomb

let's live fast and die young
Jun 15, 2024
I used to be a HUGE kpop fan a few years back. Posters all over my walls, concerts and everything. Then I just outgrew it, now I listen to totally different stuff:)

• Love
Reactions: psp3000
murmur

murmur

cage
Dec 11, 2022
i was a huge fan of Mac demarco and grimes pre 2016, not anymore..

• Aww..
Reactions: psp3000
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
I used to listen to King Gizzard and Tool, but I don't anymore -- not because I got older, but they just bring me bad memories now because I associate them with someone. Can't stand listening to any of their songs anymore, and it's a shame, because both of those are great bands.

• Hugs
Reactions: DefinitelyReady and psp3000
glitteryaliens

glitteryaliens

Mar 19, 2024
I use to love Panic! At the disco when I was a young teen. Now I'm older and I've developed taste.

• Yay!
Reactions: sancta-simplicitas, cheyxnn, DefinitelyReady and 1 other person
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I used to be a HUGE kpop fan a few years back. Posters all over my walls, concerts and everything. Then I just outgrew it, now I listen to totally different stuff:)
sorry to be a hater but I think this is a good change because of how "strange" kpop fans can be from what I've seen in the past and present from both teens and adults

edit: good change as in staying away from the fandom (not the genre, although someone could say that's good too because of how much of a sad and sometimes disturbing rabbit hole the kpop industry is from what I've heard but you could say that about anything associated with fame and art and I have yet to do any deep dives or watch any documentaries on that)

i was a huge fan of Mac demarco and grimes pre 2016, not anymore..
I was listening to his new and old stuff recently actually
can't imagine not listening to him anymore so this is sad to me
although it's understandable since he did become popular for a bit in early 2020 and also because he is allegedly going to retire
in my head he would become one of those artists you see on those commercials at 3:00am in a greatest hits compilation and if I were old I would buy it and play it all the time during retirement or fishing

I used to listen to King Gizzard and Tool, but I don't anymore -- not because I got older, but they just bring me bad memories now because I associate them with someone. Can't stand listening to any of their songs anymore, and it's a shame, because both of those are great bands.
I totally forgot about King Gizzard
you mentioning them makes me want to listen to them now

sorry that you associate bad memories and a specific person with both of those artists I can relate to this a lot

using music to escape or block out a bad time or person only for those things to sneak into the atmosphere the music creates adding on to the collection of bad events and how it could make that easier to remember them and harder to forget them kind of like when you're daydreaming and then suddenly something happens that isn't a part of the script

don't know if that made any sense

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Saturn_
leaftomb

leaftomb

let's live fast and die young
Jun 15, 2024
sorry to be a hater but I think this is a good change because of how "strange" kpop fans can be from what I've seen in the past and present from both teens and adults

edit: good change as in staying away from the fandom (not the genre, although someone could say that's good too because of how much of a sad and sometimes disturbing rabbit hole the kpop industry is from what I've heard but you could say that about anything associated with fame and art and I have yet to do any deep dives or watch any documentaries on that)
honestly, i totally agree! the main reason i got away from it is just that my music taste completely changed (and i feel the kpop industry just isn't as good as it was a few years back), but getting away from the fandom and industry in general probably was good for me too. i mean, not looking up to underweight girls that get bashed by the public everytime they gain some weight helps a lot for sure

i do miss it sometimes tho, there are obviously weird people in the fandom and a very toxic industry at times, but it was also a lot of fun. i'm really glad my music taste changed tho

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
I use to love Panic! At the disco when I was a young teen. Now I'm older and I've developed taste.
He's a good singer; just not quality songs imo. Although I haven't listened to full albums or anything.

Reactions: glitteryaliens
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I've never understood why people suddenly stopped listening to an artist they like just because they got popular. I find it kind of dumb and I feel like gatekeeping isn't very good unless there is an actual reason behind it, like punks trying to gatekeep their subculture from bigots for example.

In regards to music I grew out of, that would include any mainstream American pop music I used to listen to, Capsule (though I still listen to them on occasion) and other projects that Yasutaka Nakata was involved in (e.g., Perfume, MEG, etc), Gesunokiwamiotome (though I do sometimes listen to them on occasion I don't listen to them as much anymore), and that is all I can think of off the top of my head.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024

I was listening to his new and old stuff recently actually
can't imagine not listening to him anymore so this is sad to me
although it's understandable since he did become popular for a bit in early 2020 and also because he is allegedly going to retire
in my head he would become one of those artists you see on those commercials at 3:00am in a greatest hits compilation and if I were old I would buy it and play it all the time during retirement or fishing

I totally forgot about King Gizzard
you mentioning them makes me want to listen to them now

sorry that you associate bad memories and a specific person with both of those artists I can relate to this a lot

using music to escape or block out a bad time or person only for those things to sneak into the atmosphere the music creates adding on to the collection of bad events and how it could make that easier to remember them and harder to forget them kind of like when you're daydreaming and then suddenly something happens that isn't a part of the script

don't know if that made any sense
"If I were old..."😭 Lord the gap between your 3am song commericals and mine is widening by the minute😭

I don't know if k-pop is winding down, but it all looks like cloned songs. They're not on my playlist. All the boy bands can have nice song or two with a fast beat. Guess I'll always be a sucker for a boy band with choreography... 🤣

(All of the music mentioned, I have no idea who they are😭...)

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Not really. I would maybe some punk bands like Sum41, Blink182, etc as they were more light hearted in tone (generally) but the things that stuck and never changed were Linkin Park (due to the content of the lyrics).

At the same time period a lot of Eminem. Anyone who's depressed and has a shit life will gravitate to it. Led into other rap/hip hop artists but the tones never changed unlike Rock. Rock artists still tend to write about bad situatione, depression, etc like Bring Me The Horizon. It can't be said for artists like Dr Dre, 50 Cent, etc. 00s were peak for Nu-Metal and Hiphop so they did go mainstream.