N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I can remember it when I was a teenager. I live in Germany as some people of you might know. The teenagers in my country are often very anti-Semitic. This is at least my experience. When I think about it I am quite shocked about the behavior of some people. I was bullied as a teenager a lot. Not due to this reason. But this also shaped my negative view of teenagers. I think many teenagers are very insecure, puberty is fucking with their hormones. Many teenagers want to become independent from their parents. Want to max out their boundaries. Not sure if people get what I mean. I want to say they do forbidden things as a part of getting an adult. Honestly I never was really into much of this stuff. There are some stereotypes about teenagers stealing, drugs and bad grades. I resisted all of that. I had kind of a Prussian discipline and worked hard instead in order to get good grades. I somehow liked to be an outcast. Sometimes it hurt me, but I liked to be kind of a contrarian on some issues. I also made some stupid jokes because of group pressure but i was not nearly as bad as most of the other teenagers.

I am not sure whether this phenomena is especially fitting to my country. My country is so proud about its commemorative culture. But many teenagers consider especially this topic as so interestingly because it can shock people. Or they can feel like renegades against their parents. Honestly when I think about my school I am really shocked what happened.

I think the worst time was 6-8th grade. Also the time I was bullied the most. Many used the word Jew as an insult. I can remember there is the Beatles song "Hey Jude" and many people made fun of it. It is kind of disgusting when I now think about it. As an explanation: the word "Jude" means in my language "jew". So they acted like this song was about approaching a jew in a rude way. Honestly if I was a parent of a jewish child at this age I would have highly suggested to them to keep it a secret. I also did not know any jew at my school. Maybe some were really anxious due to the severe bullying. I think if someone was outed as jew he or she would have had a horrible time.

I think the teachers always acted like how horrible such jokes were and how much they condemn it but they mostly looked away. I think one reason was because it was so widespread. Many many people were into such jokes. These wanna-be Nazis also turned quite racist.
I was mostly bullied due to my obesity but I think many people get bullied at this age. I was extremely bullied but as I said not because of religious or cultural reasons. Many, many drew swastikas on their desks.

Also many people did the Nazi salute/ Hitler salute. This is my country a crime. I think the teachers threatend to exlude people from school who did similar things. In 95% of cases they did not do anything. Just wanna be moralists. After this period most of them became left-wingers with anti performance pressure attitude. Some of them are now SJWs. There is a case in my country. It is kind of ironic.

The Green party is very SJW and politicially correct. I think the youth organisation wanted to present a new representative. A black woman who was really was into political correctness. Yeah she made Nazi jokes on her own public Twitter account whe she was a teenager. It was kind of a scandal. I think it is kind of hypocritical. On the other hand most people do stupid things when they grow up. But is this really an excuse?

When I think about the discussion in my country I just experience it as so hypocritical. Everyone acts like there is 0 toleration for racist or anti-semetic jokes but so many teenagers do them without any punishment. Be at least honest that our youth is full of toxic behaivor. Instead most people look away from it and I have barely read soemthing in the media about it. Though I am pretty sure this phenomena is in my country widespread.

What are your experiences? Is this mainly a German problem?

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: chronicallybroken
Doombox

Doombox

Who knows, who cares
Apr 7, 2022
We have neo-nazi groups in the US but I think that phenomenon is different from what you describe because it's mostly adults who have really bought into the ideology. What you describe sounds like what you said...teenagers using the most shocking thing they can think of as a part of differentiating into adults, and then growing out of it.

settheory

settheory

Bundle of perceptions
Jul 29, 2021
The USA, at least. All over the internet. Far from just teenagers. Have you heard of the "ironic nazis"? Even (especially?) many old and middle-aged men in their 50s and 40s are into that. They were especially active in 2015-18 but i don't see much activity now. But to be honest, a large portion (majority?) of them were actual nazis or nazi-adjacent.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
By the way as I predicted. The media suddenly realizes that wanna-be nazi teenagers are a problem in my country. I think this has a tradition in my country that students show such a behavior. I can remember that one teacher said they themselves drew swastikas on the tables to annoy their teachers decades ago.

For many this counted a long time as edgy jokes. The teachers usually look away when things like that happen. When I was a student many of my classmates did shit like that. Suddenly the media coverage errupts as if this was not totally obvious but noone wanted to notice it. Hypocrites!