A

anyoneshorizon

Jun 8, 2022
People say that they are brave because they continue to keep on living despite their true intentions. But the only reason they do not kill themselves is that they are scared, scared of the pain they'll feel, of the people they might hurt, of the image they might leave, of the consequences of failing. They continue to live the life that lead them to want death. That is not bravery. Bravery is being scared but doing it anyways pushing through and doing it anyways. This might not be everyone's reason but I know that it's mine. I had everything i needed I had 3 separate plans that would 100% work and i was too scared.

• Wow
Reactions: Source Energy and makethepainstop
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Its not a fact of being brave or not, its a personal choice.

Reactions: Source Energy, noname223, markimobzzdeasui and 2 others
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Let's face it (to quote Eminem) we ain't nothin but mammals. Overcoming SI is not a matter of bravery. In battle a soldier is brave, but not suicidal. He doesn't hope or expect to die when he goes in. I doubt the army would want to recruit guys like that (not that I'm an expert). They are there to obey orders and fight for a perceived higher cause (no soldiers fight for the bad guys). Staying alive is the default setting so that's not brave either. Calling us brave is just a patronising prolife pat on the head to conceal how superior they feel.

WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
IDK if it's brave, but overcoming SI can take a lot of determination.

Reactions: Source Energy and markimobzzdeasui
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Brave word cool look sometime maybe true truth different people no want suffer that it not add pain enough problem anyone feel brave not it only readon society oppress not allow express ctb nit allow method safe peace have method peace no different brave other concept all people access ctb no matter trait

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Given that I'm too chicken shit to end it I'm going to pretend it's braver to keep on living. You suicidal pansies.

what does SL mean im sure the s mean suicide/suicidal
SI stands for "survival instinct."

H

Hello_Goodbye_2022

Sep 27, 2022
I think it's brave. How can you make a choice like this without being fearless?

Reactions: Source Energy
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do believe that it can take a lot of courage to go through with ctb. Leaving this world can certainly not be easy as after all, all humans are programmed to survive and we have to overcome this instinct in order to finally be free from this existence. Suicide can certainly be difficult as we do live in this pro suffering society that wants to prolong our misery. Many people have no choice but to resort to less than desirable methods like jumping and hanging. Those methods both scare me and I envy those who had the courage for them.
I don't really think that it's brave to continue living as it's literally just prolonging suffering and choosing to face more problems. If we don't ctb we have no choice but to carry on living.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Its not a fact of being brave or not, its a personal choice.
I fully agree with that. Bravery is not the proper way to talk about it. Suicide is neither cool nor really brave. These are terms which don't really fit into the debate in my opinion.

Reactions: actual_fox
actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
No I think they have no other options to stop their suffering.

I think If they stayed and somehow tried to bring attention to "right to die movement" or on issues of euthanasia that would be brave- but there is no real expectations from me to them, to do so. I just think that staying, and If one can, and talking, sending emails, letters to people to talk about suicide is brave for a person who would want to ctb. They first prolong their suffering to help others and they risk being put down by society. This is for me bravery.

Ctbing because you feel to much hopelessness or to avoid pain is act of calculation and Is not a bad. Unless you have obligations to take care of somebody. Or somebody dependent on you. There are many different grey cases also... This is so hard to judge because people hate the idea.

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
I would have to go with brave as we want to do something that the Normals would be afraid to even consider.

Leemel

Leemel

Sep 30, 2022
Id say for me I'm chickenshit scared and far from brave.