Do you like to view images of self-harm?

• Yes

• Maybe

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Evelyn_

Evelyn_

Counselor with SIB
Apr 7, 2020
Personally, I have an obsession with self-harm and I assume many others are interested too.

I enjoy cutting mainly, and would be curious if it is allowed to be shared.

As a side note, even if it is not allowed, let me know what you think in the poll.

• Love
Reactions: Living_Hurts_so_Much, Iamcharlie, TakeYourHappyPills and 2 others
harkovv

harkovv

Everybody's different. Everybody's special. TCS.
Jul 14, 2020
i like to view images of selfharm but that triggers me tho. I think it's not allowed, they mentioned it in FAQ.

Reactions: Living_Hurts_so_Much, Evelyn_ and _Minsk
Zhontafly

Zhontafly

Student
Jul 16, 2020
Me personally, I dont want to be mentally/emotionally traumatized by them. So I dont want to view them, but that doesnt mean you cant post them somewhere else and view them. Theres a website for example, by the name of rotten, that posts stuff like that and I admit that I used to look at it some times in my distantant past to remember my mortality and always keep myself in check with the reality. Anyhow, I voted NO, but if there's a way it can be done without me accidentally viewing then I'd say ok or maybe. I like pro choice wins! Different strokes for different folks.

Reactions: Linda, EGR92 and Evelyn_
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you šŸ•Æļø Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i personally will google search for them sometimes. i prefer smaller cuts though rather then really deep ones

Last edited:
Reactions: ERASED and Evelyn_
N

Neville1

Student
Aug 26, 2019
@Evelyn_ I think that the photos will be allowed if you are respectful of other members. To be respectful, I advise putting them in spoiler tags, an edit feature accessed with the editor icon with 3 dots and downward pointing arrow, with an appropriate caption, say 'WARNING graphic self-harm'. Further, the thread title should advertise 'graphic self-harm'.

Explanation here
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/delete-if-not-allowed.42151/#post-769952

Put your photos here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evelyn_ and ERASED
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
There is a site called selfharm.pics if you need to post your cuts. I wish you the best.

Reactions: Iamcharlie and Evelyn_
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
selfharmpics is a Selfharm Forum. U can post pics there or view them. I go there from time to time

Reactions: Deleted member 17331 and Evelyn_
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I don't believe they are allowed on this forum as per rules on the Rules/FAQ of this site. I do believe other platforms do allow it like certain subreddits and other forums, so if you are looking for those you may check them out.

Reactions: Evelyn_
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I have mixed feelings towards it. I feel less alone knowing others do it, but it's really painful to know others are suffering so much that they feel the need to hurt themselves too.

I don't think they should randomly be posted on sites, only in designated areas. Too triggering for a lot of people.

Reactions: Evelyn_ and Deleted member 17331
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you šŸ•Æļø Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
what if the admins made a section just for that. so you could post self harm cuts or maybe a bruise on your neck from a failed attempt. i think it would be cool to see what the body looks like after a failed attempt and if its under a special section of the site then if it triggers you you dont have to go there, but its easier then being signed up to 50 different sites.

• Love
Reactions: Flau, BitterlyAlive, Evelyn_ and 1 other person
Evelyn_

Evelyn_

Counselor with SIB
Apr 7, 2020
I'm an admin on SHP / selfharm.pics - would be neat to see you over there :)
You can find me already! Been a lurker forever. AKA: EvelynKaiser.
what if the admins made a section just for that. so you could post self harm cuts or maybe a bruise on your neck from a failed attempt. i think it would be cool to see what the body looks like after a failed attempt and if its under a special section of the site then if it triggers you you dont have to go there, but its easier then being signed up to 50 different sites.

I think creating this is a great idea, especially for seeing where people have gone wrong.
I have mixed feelings towards it. I feel less alone knowing others do it, but it's really painful to know others are suffering so much that they feel the need to hurt themselves too.

I don't think they should randomly be posted on sites, only in designated areas. Too triggering for a lot of people.

Yeah, I agree. I suspect many people here would be triggered by self-harm images.

Last edited: