F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
What do you think? Are Near Death Experiences anything more than dreams? I'm doubtful that they are anything more than the brains final flourish but then- I've never experienced one and it does seem odd that there are many people that seem to experience similar things- out of body experiences- looking down on themselves, bright light etc.

I suppose I could argue that people see what they EXPECT to see- I think we've all seen the journey to the afterlife depicted as bright light. Still- I would imagine we were more in a dream state approaching death- and I doubt that many people lucid dream. So- CAN they even be influencing what they see?

I read an article once about a very unfortunate patient who died during a brain scan. Awful and tragic for them and their family of course but I'm sure the scientists were fascinated. They saw enormous amounts of activity in the brain areas relating to memory- so- this would link with seeing your life flash before your eyes.

I've read that people who have had NDE's have said that they felt different to a dream. Still- I believe the brain releases a whole load of chemicals before dying- so this doesn't seem implausible. I doubt many of us have experienced the state a brain would be in just prior to dying.

I've also heard it said that people being given drugs in a hospital seem to experience less NDE's than those not on drugs. This would suggest to me that drugs repress the bodies/brains ability to have an NDE- so- surely this would suggest that they are a physiological/psychological phenomenon rather than something ACTUALLY happening. What do you think though?

Reactions: ksp, Skathon, Jarni and 2 others
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
I think they are legit, but that during NDE's, entities can manipulate your perception and make you see what they want you to see.

That's interesting about the relationship between drugs and NDEs, though.

Psychedelics tend to enable people to see "behind the veil".

Last edited:
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Endex
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I talked to a friend who legally died after an attempt before being revived, he described it as being like a dream and he thought he just blacked out before he was told what actually occurred.
My personal theory is yes. Though I imagine it will end after a while and whatever lies ahead once you're gone follows. I doubt these dreams will last more than a few minutes in real time.

Reactions: Forever Sleep, Skathon and Endex