slightoverlooked

slightoverlooked

Experienced
Dec 27, 2023
Is empathy even a real thing? Isn't it all to just feel better about yourself? And what about love? Does it exist outside of parental love? When a mother loves her children it makes sense because they are her offspring. Just as a bear would kill everything and everyone just getting close to its cubs. But outside of that...is love real? Are friendships real? Why would two stranger care about each other?
I hate how complex humans are and tbh I believe that everyone is just an egoistic living being in the end. I dont want to live in a world where no one can love me.
I hate humans. Myself included. I wish the world would just explode.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, todiefor, MatrixPrisoner and 10 others
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I think most people are good and we just live in a world with a few bad people.

Generally people are pretty chilled and seem to enjoy life. Those who think it's a cruel or unjust world just have a different perspective I guess.

Reactions: AInilam, Kit1 and slightoverlooked
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think empathy is real but I don't think it's necessarily something we use to feel better about ourselves. I guess we can- feeling sorry for something may make us support them and feel better about ourselves for doing that.

Real empathy I think is simply sympatico though and it can really hurt. It's still kind of selfishly motivated. I think the hurtful kind of empathy happens especially when we see something suffering in a similar way we have suffered. So- it's much easier for us to put ourselves in their place. I think lots of people do feel empathy. The ones that don't tend to wreak havoc!

Love and friendship I'm more cynical over really. I see them as an exchange. Both parties see something in the other that they feel a need for. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. I think it just is what it is. Why do people become friends/ partners with someone? Because they prefer their life when they are around them I assume. When that stops happening, presumably, the relationship falls apart.

People proritise in life too I find and those priorities change. Friendships that feel so close in youth can peter out when people have families and their time becomes stretched.

As for whether people are awful, some are, some aren't. Some are probably ok but just not a good match for us. I think it depends partly on what you expect from people. I think my expectations have been too high in the past because- I've felt willing to give more than them. Again- it just is what it is. Bad luck or whatever. I've known people maintain friendships where everyone is willing but sometimes, people just aren't and ultimately, can we expect people to feel the same way as we do? Probably not.

Reactions: AInilam, BrainShower, Kit1 and 1 other person
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
What overwhelms me is how much we can suffer due to our emotions, which is quite complex for me and I always enter a phase of instability.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and slightoverlooked
N

nopointinlivingg

Jul 13, 2022
Yes. I really don't understand how anyone on here could say otherwise unless their reason to CTB is a severe illness they can't control. The cruelty of humanity has pushed us all to this point.

• Love
Reactions: Kit1
R

Resinn66

Student
Sep 5, 2021
Humans because of their fallacies makes everything much more difficult than it really is

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Well..yes. some are just less horrible than others. but generally yeah.
Some people over empathize without considering that they become enablers.
Some people dont empathize at all.
Some people have managed to get that balance of empathy on demand, meaning they can turn it off and on at will.

• Hugs
M

mintgreendolphin

Nov 14, 2023
It varies from person to person. My interactions with people and life experiences will be different from yours or anyone else's. Focus on getting yourself out of here on your own terms.

• Hugs
PaunPaun

PaunPaun

Social anxiety has ruined my life
Dec 31, 2023
I think us humans have great potential but we don't use it for the best ,were social creature but people tend to be mean spirited in nature due to natural instinct xenophobia that why people tend to be evil with people they find "different" even through they could do good
So in the end it depend

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and Tears in Rain
tarococo

tarococo

professional procrastinator
Nov 27, 2023
I've met a lot of nice, caring people. I always had friends I thought were incredibly caring and empathetic. But it's hard to keep thinking this way when suddenly you're at your worst and they seem to be missing, because you stopped reaching out, because you're no fun when you're depressed. Because they don't want to deal with it, even if they understand.
In general, there's not much empathy for people like us.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: AInilam, Kit1, Tears in Rain and 1 other person
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Is empathy even a real thing? Isn't it all to just feel better about yourself? And what about love? Does it exist outside of parental love? When a mother loves her children it makes sense because they are her offspring. Just as a bear would kill everything and everyone just getting close to its cubs. But outside of that...is love real? Are friendships real? Why would two stranger care about each other?
I hate how complex humans are and tbh I believe that everyone is just an egoistic living being in the end. I dont want to live in a world where no one can love me.
Humans are worse than any of us can even fathom

• Love
Finalnight

Finalnight

Cbting 07/03/24, love you all.
Aug 16, 2023
Yes we are

• Hugs
H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
Remove money and it becomes interesting

slightoverlooked

slightoverlooked

Experienced
Dec 27, 2023
I've met a lot of nice, caring people. I always had friends I thought were incredibly caring and empathetic. But it's hard to keep thinking this way when suddenly you're at your worst and they seem to be missing, because you stopped reaching out, because you're no fun when you're depressed. Because they don't want to deal with it, even if they understand.
In general, there's not much empathy for people like us.
this. this is so true.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and tarococo
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Empathy exists in humans. But in many cultures, it's basically rationed so that the most powerful monopolize it. So you have carers, and those who receive the bulk of the care (or coordinate it)

• Hugs
C

cold_severance

Student
Dec 11, 2023
parental love is also about people feeling better about themselves. think of all those abusive shits, a huge chunk of them do genuinely love their children, and its not contradictory to causing suffering.

• Love
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
The human race is a disgusting, selfish species that is only getting exponentially worse by the year.

• Love
Reactions: Jolene79 and Kit1
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Humans are a mix of the good and the bad obviously. But greed, vanity and pettiness seem to be hardwired into the species. After that, it's a mix of the good, the bad, and the very ugly.

• Hugs