I

ifeelsobad

Experienced
Aug 23, 2022
So i've never been to jail that i've been to the hospital at least eleven times. I know people in jail are allowed to go outside. When I was in the hospital We didn't have any outside time or get to go to a library or anything. I see on TV people do in jail. You couldn't have anything from home like a blanket. The blankets they gave were very itchy and sometimes they didn't give a pillow or the pillow was so small I couldn't feel it much. How can they just do this to people? It's like being in jail but worse because you don't get the freedom they have in jail

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and secretsfromthecity
bellinda

bellinda

May 29, 2023
Been hospitalized and kept for psychiatric hold after my suicide attempt. They kept me tied to bed for 4 days. It was hell. Not sure if it's worse than being in jail where you can't leave for months to years, must get boring.

SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
Idk man... I couldn't do mah poo poo in front of another guy. That would be weird.
I guess it depends from place to place... As many things in life, you gotta get lucky...

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and Foreverix
udusa

udusa

Will ctb before december
Jun 1, 2023
I think the main difference would be the treatment and the environment

After all, in prison you would have to deal with criminals in every activity, and privacy is non-existent

I get your point tho

Reactions: secretsfromthecity
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Not been in a jail but been in psych ward. I'd take a psych ward over jail all day long, I hated it in their but honestly they treated me pretty good it was more because they weren't helping my with my issues that I found it so difficult

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Adûnâi, secretsfromthecity, Brown-Jacket Revy and 1 other person
vampire2002

vampire2002

weeb & neet ♡
Oct 8, 2023
i think this depends a lot on where you're from, as both prison and medical practices change depending on where you are, as well as with the specific hospital and prison.
personally i'm from the US, and i know i'd take a hospital 10000000 times before i'd take a prison. i've heard of plenty of horror stories from each, but i feel like the bottom line is that if you're in a hospital people aren't as hostile towards you and want you to get better (even if that does mean controlling you), where as if you're in a prison people will assume you "deserve" to be treated poorly in there because you did something bad, guards and other prisoners alike. i've never heard of gangs in a hospital (not saying it's not possible, just definitely not as common as in jail.) also, i feel like you have to worry about being murdered a lot less in a hospital, at least where i'm from. that's not to say that deaths caused by hospital negligence aren't an issue as well, but i think they're less common and people generally care more.
but i've never been to prison/jail and have only spent a small amount of time in a hospital visiting others and when i went to the ER one time for myself. so it's not like i know too well firsthand.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Adûnâi, secretsfromthecity, bridgegirl and 2 others
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
i think this depends a lot on where you're from, as both prison and medical practices change depending on where you are, as well as with the specific hospital and prison.
personally i'm from the US, and i know i'd take a hospital 10000000 times before i'd take a prison. i've heard of plenty of horror stories from each, but i feel like the bottom line is that if you're in a hospital people aren't as hostile towards you and want you to get better (even if that does mean controlling you), where as if you're in a prison people will assume you "deserve" to be treated poorly in there because you did something bad, guards and other prisoners alike. i've never heard of gangs in a hospital (not saying it's not possible, just definitely not as common as in jail.) also, i feel like you have to worry about being murdered a lot less in a hospital, at least where i'm from. that's not to say that deaths caused by hospital negligence aren't an issue as well, but i think they're less common and people generally care more.
but i've never been to prison/jail and have only spent a small amount of time in a hospital visiting others and when i went to the ER one time for myself. so it's not like i know too well firsthand.
yeah, I've almost the same experiences with hospitals (lol) and would completely agree with everything you said! ^_^

• Hugs
Reactions: vampire2002
Wigamoo

Wigamoo

silly girl inna silly world
Oct 11, 2023
Idk ive never been to jail but i think id rather go there than to a hospital again.

I

ifeelsobad

Experienced
Aug 23, 2022
One time in the hospital they wouldn't let me change my clothes when I was all wet and sweaty until I just took it off
I just think it's so wrong how they treat people in The hospital and ER. Like they take hours and hours to even tell you if you are going from the emergency room to the hospital or get to go home. But everyone else around you gets to know hours before you do

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
DepressedSloth

DepressedSloth

Sep 13, 2021
The worst hospital is probably worse than the best jail. But on average I would think jail is worse. Just a guess though.

Reactions: this_is_it
ArchmagePrincess

ArchmagePrincess

Magical Princess of Death
Aug 31, 2022
(Speaking about US hospitals + prisons)
I haven't been to jail or prison before but I've been to a lot of mental hospitals, often times in the rehab wing with people who are very familiar with jail and prison. Most of them will tell me jail and prison are worse most of the time but that the experience of feeling trapped against your will, eating bad food, being treated like a criminal, and being around dangerous and unkind people are factors of both. From talking to those people the conclusion I've drawn is that hospitals are usually less awful to be at when the hospital is average, but a really bad hospital has the potential to be horrifically bad due to mishandled medication, damaging your record with diagnoses, and less rights due to it being very easy for someone in a mental hospital to say "this person was a danger to themselves/others so I had to do inhumane thing to them."

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and raindrop9
I

ifeelsobad

Experienced
Aug 23, 2022
The worst hospital is probably worse than the best jail. But on average I would think jail is worse. Just a guess though.
I guess I'm also just really mad about how I was treated and it's hard to get over it.

• Hugs
Reactions: raindrop9 and DepressedSloth
A

Ayloy

Apr 13, 2023
So i've never been to jail that i've been to the hospital at least eleven times. I know people in jail are allowed to go outside. When I was in the hospital We didn't have any outside time or get to go to a library or anything. I see on TV people do in jail. You couldn't have anything from home like a blanket. The blankets they gave were very itchy and sometimes they didn't give a pillow or the pillow was so small I couldn't feel it much. How can they just do this to people? It's like being in jail but worse because you don't get the freedom they have in jail
My experience was a very boring low stress environment. It was meh. I did feel a little better after getting out. It wasn't a crazy improvement, but it was something, even if it was temporary. though it could get loud which can trigger trauma related thoughts & emotions in people like me. I wish it was better, but it's not.

vespera

vespera

capsule kid
Jan 21, 2023
been in both, would take the grippy sock hotel any day of the week over going to county again. hospitals are nowhere near as bad as jail, at least in my experience.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Adûnâi, secretsfromthecity and Life Is My Coffin
D

Duality

Harmony in Duality
May 27, 2023
I understand that a psych ward is not the ideal place to be in, however it is absolutely better than being in prison. I think many of us were in a psych ward at one point so we know that it feels like hell to be there. But I don't think many of us have even stepped into jail before, so it's easy to think that an unknown place like that might be worse.

I don't want to diminish anyone's experience in a psych ward especially if they had to be tied down. I have seen this happen, but in the psych ward I was still safe, and I was able to go about my day instead of needing to be locked down.

Reactions: carac
I

ifeelsobad

Experienced
Aug 23, 2022
I understand that a psych ward is not the ideal place to be in, however it is absolutely better than being in prison. I think many of us were in a psych ward at one point so we know that it feels like hell to be there. But I don't think many of us have even stepped into jail before, so it's easy to think that an unknown place like that might be worse.

I don't want to diminish anyone's experience in a psych ward especially if they had to be tied down. I have seen this happen, but in the psych ward I was still safe, and I was able to go about my day instead of needing to be locked down.
I'm sorry I'm just in so much pain and don't want to go back I'm scared someone will catch me one day and take me

Life Is My Coffin

Life Is My Coffin

One final action ⚰️⚰️⚰️
Oct 13, 2023
Maybe they're not like this everywhere but in Minnesota, the mental hospitals are without a doubt worse than a prison

• Love
katara

katara

tired all the time
Mar 17, 2022
Ya sometimes, I guess it depends where you live and how much money your family has. If you have money you can go to better facilities to get help, if you don't, you get treated badly. I saw a post on here from a girl who had aneroxia and her parents paid for her to travel out of state to go to a fancy hospital to get help. Never in a million years would anyone attempt to help me that way. I could be looking like a skeleton and nobody would give a fuck. Some of us just aren't that lucky.

I

ifeelsobad

Experienced
Aug 23, 2022
Ya sometimes, I guess it depends where you live and how much money your family has. If you have money you can go to better facilities to get help, if you don't, you get treated badly. I saw a post on here from a girl who had aneroxia and her parents paid for her to travel out of state to go to a fancy hospital to get help. Never in a million years would anyone attempt to help me that way. I could be looking like a skeleton and nobody would give a fuck. Some of us just aren't that lucky.
I think most people wouldn't do that. I remember asking my mom to send me to this hospital that is famous but she said it's really hard it's just way to much money out of state
Also it probably didn't help her if she is on here

Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
I have never been to jail, but I have been to a psyche ward.

My psyche ward was okay - we had two-person rooms with bathrooms in them, a common room, a recreation/meeting room, and were allowed to go outside (with staff).

ChiseHatori

ChiseHatori

Mar 2, 2023
It really, really sucks that hospitals are meant to be a place of healing and recovery and are instead so fucked up and systematically broken that they're being compared to jails and prisons.

I've only been to the hospital for an extended visit one time, for about a week. And it was pretty damn dreadful.

• Love
frozensun

frozensun

Oct 16, 2023
Sometimes it can be worse than jail. I was admitted in the psychiatry ward of a famous hospital but what I endured there was traumatizing. The doctor and staff abused me verbally all day. I spent every day there crying. My parents believed that it was part of the treatment and they forced me to stay there. The doctor was insulting me by hurtful words. I had my exams coming up so I had to study in between these. I still remember tears falling on my textbook. Somehow I got out of there and it still remain as a horrible memory.

• Love