LeWantsToDie

LeWantsToDie

Nov 28, 2023
I was just wondering because I'm good at coding and I'm depressed and suicidal. Thought it might be a trend

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
most least significant bit,
msb,lsb,big,little,endian msb[1,0,0,1]lsb, pop3,imap,rc4,base64,xml,zlib,registry,opengl,rsa,ssl,md5,xor cipher ,ftp,html,ports 80,20,21 , mysql, http, post,get,cgi,sockets, win32api,gui,windows,inf,rgb,palette
binary 8,4,2,1, zero and ones 0011,logic and not or nand xor nor,shift bits left right,power,sin,cos,sqr,sqrt,min,max,degress to radians,abs,floor,wrap,pi 3.14159,vector,normalize, magnitude ,direction,dot and cross product, hash functions sha1, ascii characters set,
strings,int, float, integer,short,word,dword,boolean,byte,bits, binary,octal,decimal,hex,matrix,ocr,neuron,weight,threshold,socks4,tcp ip,fat32, ntfs, exfat,partition, GUID, 8 bit 256, 16 bit 65536, 32,64,128, #FF , frequency, amplitude, gdi, ram,rom,circular buffer ,Inverse-square law, point_direction, distributed hash table, peer routing table, bootstrap node, pwm, random, randomseed,
kb 1024, 1000
mb=1024*1024, 1,000,000
gb=1024*1024*1024 1,000,000,000
tb=1024*1024*1024*1024 1,000,000,000,000

3d, view frustrum ,backface culling, painter's algorithm, ray tracing, binary space partitioning (BSP) , Visible Surface, md2 3d model, polygons quads,fps,camera

circle,point,x,y,radius,diameter,circumference
circle radius,
circumference divided by diameter gives PI,
by multiplying 3.14 pi by the diameter of the circle gives the circumference
point_distance(x1,y1,x2,y2), x = pow(x1-x2,2) y = pow(y1-y2,2) return sqrt(x + y)
if distance between two circles is less than combind radius than colliding with eath other

cellular automata,turing machine, lexer, parser, virtual machine interpreter, bytecode, x86 asm, opcodes, z80,6502,arm,4000 chips,pic12f675, nop 0x90

CPU, alu, control unit, registers, fetch,program counter, data bus, address bus, store, load, interrupt,, system clock, full adder, shift register, jk flip-flop, bcd, decoder, multiplexer,opcode

asymmetry, symmetry,
bresenham's line algorithm, flood fill, eclipse,virtual screen, c malloc,dos mode 0x13, 0xA000, 256-Color.
texture mapping,sprite,texture atlas
steering behaviors flee,arrival,wander,seek,

delta time, frame rate independent movement, system time,
1000 millseconds per second , pixels per second 120
120/1000= 0.12 *elsapedtime, delta time
1000/60(fps) =16.666666666666666666666666666667
0.12*16.666*60 =120 pixels, bitmap
0.12 speed
16.666 delta_time
x+=cos(angle)*speed*delta_time;
y-=sin(angle)*speed*delta_time;

k value between 1 and 26 the key,
shift cipher,
cipher mod 26,

perlin noise, encryption alice bob, private, public,key,
linear interpolation,lerp,distance -kademlia,field of view, serialization, deserialization, json, inputs, outputs, dma,immediate,absolute,memory mapping, lookup tables,truth tables,stacks, pop, push,top ,queues,first in first out, last in first out, FIFO & LILO , LIFO & FILO, link list, double linked list, node,child,root,head,tail,pointer,
two's complement, addition, subtraction, a star, modulo, windows environment variables, a variable

a=not(a) toggle on and off 0,1 repeatedly

(angle * (PI/180)) degtorad
(angle * (180/PI)) radtodeg

and_bits(test_integer, 1) = 0 is_odd or is_even

record input steam plus delta time between frames
then to playback replace the delta time with the record dt and to keep the same game state make everything deterministic and update each system with the dt, use the record input stream to create the output stream at each tick of the game 8 bits for movment 1 bit for each button plus 4 bytes for the dt
also a global seed for the random_seed function saved

function wrap_between(integer v,integer min, integer max)
return v - (max - min) * floor( v / (max - min))
end function

hash a image
image_data[23,1,66,12,11,7...] rgb colour values from a picture 24bit
16,777,216 colors
for i=1 to length(image_data) do
hash_index+=image_date
end for
return wrap_between(hash_index, 0,1000) room for one thousand images with hash collisions

packet protocol 5 bytes+data
5 byte header+data, per packet type
[1,0,0,0,10]+['h','e','l','l','o']
first byte packet id 0--255
next four bytes, data length is the total size of the packet-5
read and write ,byte,string,int,float,bool,short
if (buffer>=5)
{
packet_id=buffer[0]
packet_length=buffer[1..4]
if (packet_length>length(buffer)-5)
{
//packet is ready to be read
packet_id //decides the amount and type of bytes to read from the data buffer
}
}

EmptyEater

EmptyEater

Sep 26, 2024
I would like to get into coding. I need work that doesn't involve people. Any tips to start?

Reactions: sadlittleman32
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
learn binary system base 2 zeros and ones
Binary is known as a "base 2" numbering system, meaning there are two possible numbers for each digit; a one or a zero. Larger numbers are written by adding additional ones or zeros to the binary number.
28378295 179856302791136 5078813160757790413 n 179856302791136
I would like to get into coding. I need work that doesn't involve people. Any tips to start?

Reactions: EmptyEater
LeWantsToDie

LeWantsToDie

Nov 28, 2023
Try the Odin Project if you're a beginner. It's a course on programming.

Rust

Rust

Aug 28, 2024
Unfortunately yes, but I'm a consultant, which means interacting with a lot of people. Being an introvert, and just in general a social anomaly, makes the job rather difficult, hence my misery.

alienfreak

alienfreak

Sep 25, 2024
I have learned it for 10+ years and did very well in a IT masters degree but I still can't get work that doesn't involve a lot of working with people. It seems to me that it is generally a very social profession involving teamwork and regular meetings. It is possible to use the skills to make money alone, but to make enough to live in a high cost-of-living country it seems like you have be extraordinarily lucky and/or intelligent. Most people who are successful solo or remote developers had experience in the industry beforehand to gain a network, reputation, and skills. So beware it is a difficult path and maybe not what you're looking for.

• Informative
Reactions: EmptyEater, Alexei_Kirillov and Rust
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I have learned it for 10+ years and did very well in a IT masters degree but I still can't get work that doesn't involve a lot of working with people. It seems to me that it is generally a very social profession involving teamwork and regular meetings. It is possible to use the skills to make money alone, but to make enough to live in a high cost-of-living country it seems like you have be extraordinarily lucky and/or intelligent. Most people who are successful solo or remote developers had experience in the industry beforehand to gain a network, reputation, and skills. So beware it is a difficult path and maybe not what you're looking for.
Seconded. @EmptyEater I personally would not recommend getting into coding at this point in time, it's already an oversaturated market, even for those with Bachelor's degrees. I quit my dev job in April because I was going to CTB and now I'm starting to look for jobs again and it's really rough out there, even with my two years of experience and degree.

EmptyEater

EmptyEater

Sep 26, 2024
I appreciate the feedback. Looking into the Odin project.
I guess I'll look elsewhere for work though

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
Zer0

Zer0

Nem sempre se pode ser Deus
Sep 14, 2018
I just got a "government job" as an IT Agent, unfortunately I'm working on IT management, not a lot of coding there.