• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

Dark-Knight

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
I got aquarium test strips for the nitrite test from amazon, it says on the bottle 7 in 1 aquarium strips. It can show nitrite levels up to 10 mg/L, also the colour of the highest nitrite level is pink. Are they good for this? What are your opinions?

dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
Still better than nothing but if you have any chance to purchase a more legitimate tests, go for it.

D

Dark-Knight

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
Any other opinions? Are these test strips fine or are there better ones?

Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
The test strips aren't very accurate, you'd be better purchasing a drop test kit. You can buy test kits for nitrites only, rather than get a multi pack for aquariums

• Informative
Reactions: divinemistress36
D

Dark-Knight

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
The test strips aren't very accurate, you'd be better purchasing a drop test kit. You can buy test kits for nitrites only, rather than get a multi pack for aquariums
I don't know how to test with nitrite test kits, is it the same as testing with aquarium strips? Vizzy's guide about sn didn't mention using only nitrite kits, it mentioned aquarium strips. I've never tested with anything like this before, be it with aquarium strips or nitrite kits, that's why I'm confused about this. Also I don't know what kind of nitrite kits to get and where to get them from, for example the majority of these type of test kits on amazon are aquarium strips

Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
I'm presuming you know how to prepare the SN to enable it be tested, to confirm purity. There is a thread somewhere on here that explains if you don't (just search).

The test strips give a wide range, the drop test gives a more accurate reading. Search for a company like API and nitrite test. The kit costs about £9. It's very easy to follow the instructions - basically prepare the SN solution for testing, put the required amount into a test tube (that's supplied in the API kit) and then drip the supplied test solution in according to the instructions.

Edit - just to confirm, you are looking for API aquarium test kits, so they're easy to find on Amazon.

• Informative
Reactions: Socrates Respecter
T

thatisitguy

Jul 11, 2024
I used Bartovation Nitrite and Nitrate strips. I also bought three shipments from three different vendors of NS from Amazon. All three tested negative for NS. I thought it was test strips so I tested it on Nitrate an it came back positive.

• Informative
  • Aww..
Reactions: lilmisswbd2cbt and divinemistress36
D

Dark-Knight

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
I'm presuming you know how to prepare the SN to enable it be tested, to confirm purity. There is a thread somewhere on here that explains if you don't (just search).

The test strips give a wide range, the drop test gives a more accurate reading. Search for a company like API and nitrite test. The kit costs about £9. It's very easy to follow the instructions - basically prepare the SN solution for testing, put the required amount into a test tube (that's supplied in the API kit) and then drip the supplied test solution in according to the instructions.

Edit - just to confirm, you are looking for API aquarium test kits, so they're easy to find on Amazon.
I looked at the test kits from API on the internet, I looked at the nitrite test kits and 5 in 1 test strips. The nitrite test kits show nitrite levels up to 5, the 5 in 1 test strips show nitrite levels up to 10. Which one would be better?

Reactions: lilmisswbd2cbt
L

lilmisswbd2cbt

Jul 12, 2024
I used Bartovation Nitrite and Nitrate strips. I also bought three shipments from three different vendors of NS from Amazon. All three tested negative for NS. I thought it was test strips so I tested it on Nitrate an it came back positive.
could I PM you? I recently ordered SN from Amazon that's on its way & supposed to be 99% but now am concerned after reading this

T

thatisitguy

Jul 11, 2024
could I PM you? I recently ordered SN from Amazon that's on its way & supposed to be 99% but now am concerned after reading this
If it makes you feel better, I consumed some and it definately made me ill. As long as you bought it from a legit source. I think some people might be selling fake SN.

andreamysk

andreamysk

Jun 29, 2024
From what I read here in various posts (and from the many court cases in which the company has to defend itself from the accusation of 'connivance' by the families of people who used it for CTB) buying SN from Amazon without a business account (especially with "declared" purity above 95%) it is quite difficult now (and I fear the risk of fake sellers trying is high)

L

lilmisswbd2cbt

Jul 12, 2024
From what I read here in various posts (and from the many court cases in which the company has to defend itself from the accusation of 'connivance' by the families of people who used it for CTB) buying SN from Amazon without a business account (especially with "declared" purity above 95%) it is quite difficult now (and I fear the risk of fake sellers trying is high)
I did purchase with a business account, though it did feel too good to be true…guess I should get some test strips

andreamysk

andreamysk

Jun 29, 2024
I did purchase with a business account, though it did feel too good to be true…guess I should get some test strips
Absolutely advisable I would say (unless the product is accompanied by a laboratory certification or something similar...)

L

lilmisswbd2cbt

Jul 12, 2024
If it makes you feel better, I consumed some and it definately made me ill. As long as you bought it from a legit source. I think some people might be selling fake SN.
haha thank you, but not really…I'm only interested in *terminal* illness from a single consumption 😉 by chance, was "Nature's Will" one of your vendors?

andreamysk

andreamysk

Jun 29, 2024
any test strips you'd recommend?
I'm no expert, but I have the impression that all Test Strips are essentially the same. Alternatively, drop test kits (which seem to me to have various levels of accuracy/sensitivity - and also price). However, by diluting heavily in distilled water as shown in the method, you should have at least a vague idea of the original concentration (and/or at least that they didn't just sell you table salt :-) Personally, I purchased SN from a manufacturer in Poland, which seems to me to have already been tested several times in the past and should be reliable (it is still on the road with the courier...)

T

thatisitguy

Jul 11, 2024
ah ok, I thought you purchased from 3 different vendors? maybe I misunderstood/there's still slight hope 🙏
I did. Two from Amazon and one from Sportco.com. I think I got scammed from one Amazon vendor. They sold it as one brand but I received it in a package for a different brand and there was no information about the seller. I tasted a bit and TBH I think it was a mixture of sugar and salt. I got a refund. The other Amazon vendor and Sportco.com sold me the same jar of SN from the same SN distributor.

BTW - Sportco.com has a ton of SN for sale and I had no issue getting any.

L

lilmisswbd2cbt

Jul 12, 2024
I did. Two from Amazon and one from Sportco.com. I think I got scammed from one Amazon vendor. They sold it as one brand but I received it in a package for a different brand and there was no information about the seller. I tasted a bit and TBH I think it was a mixture of sugar and salt. I got a refund. The other Amazon vendor and Sportco.com sold me the same jar of SN from the same SN distributor.

BTW - Sportco.com has a ton of SN for sale and I had no issue getting any.
did you test the sportco?

T

thatisitguy

Jul 11, 2024
Yes, it came back negative. But I also drank some of the sample that I made and I had all the symptoms that were listed when you consume SN. I was told the SN originally came from India and they assured me it was 98% pure. I'm sure it would kill me if I attempted to use it but I concluded that if I am going to poison myself then I might as well use fentanyl which, as I understand, is quick and fast.

L

lilmisswbd2cbt

Jul 12, 2024
I would go that route but unfortunately don't have a fent source