• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

bedtimebabe

bedtimebabe

Jun 13, 2023
Hello,

I used the Bartovation Nitrite / Nitrate Two Pad test strips to test the TIG SN that I received today.

The test strip I used: (Amazon product ASIN B07WTXM6DB)

I did the SN test just like how Vizzy recommended and so I should have come up with 10 ppm but it looks kind of weak and I am worried. Does this look like 10ppm to you? Did anyone else aquarium test the TIG SN?
I don't think I did anything wrong when I tested it. Nitrate is at the end of the testing strip and Nitrite is second to the end.

E1D1BA51 B986 49CF 804E 282D7888D84B

Vizzy's SN Bible

Agh I am frustrated I was really hoping this would be a quality sourceā€¦

I'll do it again to make sure but the other time I did it I got pretty much the same color.

• Hugs
Reactions: hi-okbye, losing hope and Dead Meat
ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it does look like you have significant Nitrite and it passes the purity test.

The first time I tried it, I didn't know about Vizzy method, so I just followed what the kit told me to do, and put about a 1g to 2ml ratio of water, like they recommend to drink when actually doing the SN method. I found out it had greenish color, when the chart was somewhere between light blue and dark purple, but not green indicator at all. I thought something was wrong, but then learned that it was off the charts high in SN. I had other kits because of this confusion and found something similar as well, a color that was not indicated in the charts. When i poured out the sample and put water again, then I saw it turning purple, even when I got rid of all the water, apparently it was high within the chart of being pure with SN with whatever residue left from the SN after pouring the original sample.

Later I learned about Vizzy method, tried it and found that I had results just like you, very high in SN but not the highest, but my guess is if you added tiny bit more SN, you will see something like mine, either higher SN or a different color not in the chart.

Unless there is something else is missing, I am almost certain your SN is good

• Informative
Reactions: Orbitc, 0000000000000, hi-okbye and 2 others
bedtimebabe

bedtimebabe

Jun 13, 2023
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it does look like you have significant Nitrite and it passes the purity test.

The first time I tried it, I didn't know about Vizzy method, so I just followed what the kit told me to do, and put about a 1g to 2ml ratio of water, like they recommend to drink when actually doing the SN method. I found out it had greenish color, when the chart was somewhere between light blue and dark purple, but not green indicator at all. I thought something was wrong, but then learned that it was off the charts high in SN. I had other kits because of this confusion and found something similar as well, a color that was not indicated in the charts. When i poured out the sample and put water again, then I saw it turning purple, even when I got rid of all the water, apparently it was high within the chart of being pure with SN with whatever residue left from the SN after pouring the original sample.

Later I learned about Vizzy method, tried it and found that I had results just like you, very high in SN but not the highest, but my guess is if you added tiny bit more SN, you will see something like mine, either higher SN or a different color not in the chart.

Unless there is something else is missing, I am almost certain your SN is good
Okay thank you I am just really anxious because I don't want a failed CTB. I really would like to CTB soon and be gone from this world. I was worried because it was supposed to be 10ppm and it didn't match the color for 10ppm on the testing strip.

Did you get your SN from TIG or from a different source?

• Hugs
Reactions: Orbitc, hi-okbye and Dead Meat
ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
Got it from TIG, and I was at the exact same boat as you do. I'm doing what I can to try and make sure that first try will be a success

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: hi-okbye, Owl_07, Dead Meat and 1 other person
bedtimebabe

bedtimebabe

Jun 13, 2023
Got it from TIG, and I was at the exact same boat as you do. I'm doing what I can to try and make sure that first try will be a success
I hope this works out for both our sakes šŸ¤

• Hugs
Reactions: hi-okbye, Dead Meat and ToTheTwillight
M

marsupialmarsupial

Nov 2, 2023
hi i'm wondering if you ended up using your tig sn at all or did it turn out to be impure?

Reactions: real person
real person

real person

Experienced
Dec 11, 2023
Hello,

I used the Bartovation Nitrite / Nitrate Two Pad test strips to test the TIG SN that I received today.

The test strip I used: (Amazon product ASIN B07WTXM6DB)

I did the SN test just like how Vizzy recommended and so I should have come up with 10 ppm but it looks kind of weak and I am worried. Does this look like 10ppm to you? Did anyone else aquarium test the TIG SN?
I don't think I did anything wrong when I tested it. Nitrate is at the end of the testing strip and Nitrite is second to the end.

View attachment 115568

Vizzy's SN Bible

Agh I am frustrated I was really hoping this would be a quality sourceā€¦

I'll do it again to make sure but the other time I did it I got pretty much the same color.
what is TIG SN? mind pming me?

MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
what is TIG SN? mind pming me?
Tig Sn does not seem reliable anymore, bedtimebabe seemed to ctb via her Tig Sn before they started selling different stuff

real person

real person

Experienced
Dec 11, 2023
Tig Sn does not seem reliable anymore, bedtimebabe seemed to ctb via her Tig Sn before they started selling different stuff
yeah i recently found out whatever TIG is isn't reliable anyway lol. anyway have you found another SN source?

MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
yeah i recently found out whatever TIG is isn't reliable anyway lol. anyway have you found another SN source?
I have, but I would feel guilty if I gave it, plus your a new member so people are hesitant of giving it out

• Love
Reactions: real person
real person

real person

Experienced
Dec 11, 2023
I have, but I would feel guilty if I gave it, plus your a new member so people are hesitant of giving it out
that's completely valid. although if there's some point in the future you are comfortable pming me i definitely won't refuse. also your source might not even ship to me anyway so idk

S

sjoper1980

Dec 13, 2023
that's completely valid. although if there's some point in the future you are comfortable pming me i definitely won't refuse. also your source might not even ship to me anyway so idk
Where are you? (globally(