jonghyun

jonghyun

trying to do well
May 6, 2023
so basically can you guys just tell me all of the different ways youve managed to suppress your appetite? i will try anything except hard drugs since i live with my parents and don't leave the house much.

ive had an ED since 2014 and it fluctuates from anorexia to binge eating and right now its binge. the binges have to stop because they make me hate myself so severely - when i eat normally and DONT starve my productivity actually SUFFERS bc i hate myself too much to do anything. not eating gives me this surge of power and adrenaline but i cannot stop the fucking cravings and eating everything in sight in a brief period of dissociation. PLEASE give me all your suggestions and don't worry about telling me to recover or that eating normally is better long term bc idgaf about my life or health i just need to be skinny

Reactions: Stormy Raine, Toji, lachrymost and 1 other person
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I struggle with binging too although I am trying my best not to give into emotional eating and I am trying to eat a normal amount of times a day now

to suppress my appetite I just drink coffee, tea, or water, or any available beverages when hungry or when I am not motivated to eat

chewing gum , watching films (sometimes bad for people due to having a snack while enjoying media is common), and playing video games helps me sometimes too from my experience (sometimes you can get so invested that you forget to eat)

or even cleaning and organizing stuff and then having a beverage as a reward for all the energy you lost from doing stuff around the house, studying, doing a major task etc.

at first I thought it was just me who got a rush/energy from not eating I didn't know that was common

but also I have found myself at times not having an appetite or hunger cues from doing these things for extended periods of time

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up and jonghyun
jonghyun

jonghyun

trying to do well
May 6, 2023
I struggle with binging too although I am trying my best not to give into emotional eating and I am trying to eat a normal amount of times a day now

to suppress my appetite I just drink coffee, tea, or water, or any available beverages when hungry or when I am not motivated to eat

chewing gum , watching films (sometimes bad for people due to having a snack while enjoying media is common), and playing video games helps me sometimes too from my experience (sometimes you can get so invested that you forget to eat)

or even cleaning and organizing stuff and then having a beverage as a reward for all the energy you lost from doing stuff around the house, studying, doing a major task etc.

at first I thought it was just me who got a rush/energy from not eating I didn't know that was common

but also I have found myself at times not having an appetite or hunger cues from doing these things for extended periods of time
God thank you so much i will try these things you suggested, i defo have been so absorbed in video games i forget to eat but these days with the heat its ridiculous i get SOOO HUNGRY jeez

Reactions: psp3000
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
God thank you so much i will try these things you suggested, i defo have been so absorbed in video games i forget to eat but these days with the heat its ridiculous i get SOOO HUNGRY jeez
same, but also because it feels like there's so many holidays with food everywhere lately

wish I could eat normally without binging or restricting and doing random diets every blue moon

Reactions: jonghyun
jonghyun

jonghyun

trying to do well
May 6, 2023
same, but also because it feels like there's so many holidays with food everywhere lately

wish I could eat normally without binging or restricting and doing random diets every blue moon
Very jealous of people who can just eat healthy and intuitive and lose weight. Must be nice..!!!!!! When we cannot without some kate moss core diet

Reactions: Arachnid_Antichrist and psp3000
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I smoke cigarettes throughout the day. They raise your blood sugar a bit and suppress your appetite. If anyone else wants any more awesome health tips I'll be here all week.

• Informative
  • Yay!
Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV), psp3000 and jonghyun
jonghyun

jonghyun

trying to do well
May 6, 2023
I smoke cigarettes throughout the day. They raise your blood sugar a bit and suppress your appetite. If anyone else wants any more awesome health tips I'll be here all week.
omg thats my favourite breakfast and snack

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Leiden, FormerlyFe(IV), psp3000 and 1 other person
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
haha I wish I could have the desire to smoke cigarettes it would be a win win

slow CTB + appetite suppressant

but I hate the smell and I would worry about my teeth and irritability/temper

but if they came in candy flavours maybe I would consider

Reactions: jonghyun and Angst Filled Fuck Up
jonghyun

jonghyun

trying to do well
May 6, 2023
haha I wish I could have the desire to smoke cigarettes it would be a win win

slow CTB + appetite suppressant

but I hate the smell and I would worry about my teeth and irritability/temper

but if they came in candy flavours maybe I would consider
Smoking flavours..? Boy do i have some news for you..........

• Wow
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
Smoking flavours..? Boy do i have some news for you..........
I just remembered that vaping exists
I have no idea how I forgot that it did in the first place lol

• Love
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I heard of the brown rice diet.

feeling a bit loved cos I went to dinner at a homeless/lonely dinner at a church stopped me wanting a pizza too

today I ate half a jar of pickles and some porridge instead of getting junk food

sulli

sulli

Student
Jan 25, 2023
looking at my thighs when i sit down 😹

Kyanko

Kyanko

One more night!!!
Jul 15, 2023
not really "suppressing" my appetite but i like to eat buckwheat rice cakes as they're only 30kcal per cake and taste quite good. other times when i'm craving something sweet ill snack on regular rice cakes covered in dark chocolate, which are 70kcal per cake, or gum (especially mint), and sugarless coke since you can dilute it by adding water so it'd last longer and keep you satisfied for longer.

Last edited:
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
not really "suppressing" my appetite but i like to eat buckwheat rice cakes as they're only 30kcal per cake and taste quite good. other times when i'm craving something sweet ill snack on regular rice cakes covered in dark chocolate, which are 70kcal per cake, or gum (especially mint), and sugarless coke since you can dilute it by adding water so it'd last longer and keep you satisfied for longer.
I love those dark chocolate rice cakes!

Kyanko

Kyanko

One more night!!!
Jul 15, 2023
yess theyre so good!! honestly, they taste better than just plain dark chocolate!

Reactions: rationaltake and jonghyun
jonghyun

jonghyun

trying to do well
May 6, 2023
I heard of the brown rice diet.

feeling a bit loved cos I went to dinner at a homeless/lonely dinner at a church stopped me wanting a pizza too

today I ate half a jar of pickles and some porridge instead of getting junk food
oh the brown rice keeping you fuller for longer! i eat chia seeds for breakfast for this purpose, because i heard it keeps you full since its fiber. i will look into this..
thank you!!! i actually forgot ricecakes existed i need to buy some. Gum is a good call. Ive been sucking on lollipops bc they are only 30cal and deal with the sugar cravings
yess theyre so good!! honestly, they taste better than just plain dark chocolate!
Is this in america or uk or eu? I do not think i have seen these in eu

• Informative
Kyanko

Kyanko

One more night!!!
Jul 15, 2023
oh the brown rice keeping you fuller for longer! i eat chia seeds for breakfast for this purpose, because i heard it keeps you full since its fiber. i will look into this..

thank you!!! i actually forgot ricecakes existed i need to buy some. Gum is a good call. Ive been sucking on lollipops bc they are only 30cal and deal with the sugar cravings

Is this in america or uk or eu? I do not think i have seen these in eu
EU!! not sure where you are in Europe but im in eastern Europe and they sell them at most major grocery stores!!

Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
so basically can you guys just tell me all of the different ways youve managed to suppress your appetite? i will try anything except hard drugs since i live with my parents and don't leave the house much.

ive had an ED since 2014 and it fluctuates from anorexia to binge eating and right now its binge. the binges have to stop because they make me hate myself so severely - when i eat normally and DONT starve my productivity actually SUFFERS bc i hate myself too much to do anything. not eating gives me this surge of power and adrenaline but i cannot stop the fucking cravings and eating everything in sight in a brief period of dissociation. PLEASE give me all your suggestions and don't worry about telling me to recover or that eating normally is better long term bc idgaf about my life or health i just need to be skinny
I would try to search a Pro Ana site and look at their forums, they are very helpful

jonghyun

jonghyun

trying to do well
May 6, 2023
I would try to search a Pro Ana site and look at their forums, they are very helpful
i was on one from 2014-2020 like daily but then it became not triggering enough and more pro-recovery than i liked (sorry to be a bad person saying that) so its no longer effective. But this tip used to work!

Reactions: Stormy Raine
iamalreadydead

iamalreadydead

Student
Nov 25, 2022
when you're starving appetite suppressants aren't enough tbh. Just getting over my ED and after restricting so long i know innately that if you want to drop the weight you just gotta make peace with how long you can deal with the emptiness and pain