Sunoo

Sunoo

Student
Sep 25, 2023
I've told my parents I want to die and how bad and sore I feel everyday and they always reply with "What do you want me to do?" and "I'll pray for you" and then they go back to whtever they were doing. It hurts so bad, I think they think I won't do it orr 'm not sure D:
It really hurts that's all it feels like no one cares and I have always felt like a burden and

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: EternalShore, sserafim, fwompie and 5 others
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
The "I'll pray for you" comment might be the problem. Are they very religious? That can cloud their view of reality. Most parents would freak out. This seemed too calm.

Sunoo

Sunoo

Student
Sep 25, 2023
The "I'll pray for you" comment might be the problem. Are they very religious? That can cloud their view of reality. Most parents would freak out. This seemed too calm.
Yeah they are Muslims. I feel bad saying this but I was brought up Muslim and I hate it. They always force their beliefs on me and make me do things s just making me feel trapped idk. When they found out about my self harm they started saying Satan was in my head making me do this and telling me to kill myself like what

• Aww..
Reactions: fwompie
Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Yeah mine are the same or their responses are to demean my feelings & tear into me as a person.

• Aww..
Reactions: Sunoo
haibane

haibane

Reki
Sep 27, 2023
Tbh i could die tonight than no one would even notice it before several days, so i definitely feel u. Im sorry ure going through that too

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: EternalShore and Sunoo
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
I'm on the same boat.
Imo they feel offended by the fact that you are telling them you are suffering as in if they are not doing a good job.
Ofc they shouldn't talk/think like that, but some parents are just selfish and have big egos and like when you complain they just make a looong list of ALL the things they've done for you and blah blah blah.
My suggestion, which is also what my therapist told me, is try not to argue with them. They will not understand your feelings, and the more you complain, the more they'll be upset and think you are ungrateful to them. And things will only get worse.
I know this sounds unfair, and it is, but not all parents are good enough to understand what their sons/daughters are going through.

• Hugs
Sunoo

Sunoo

Student
Sep 25, 2023
I'm on the same boat.
Imo they feel offended by the fact that you are telling them you are suffering as in if they are not doing a good job.
Ofc they shouldn't talk/think like that, but some parents are just selfish and have big egos and like when you complain they just make a looong list of ALL the things they've done for you and blah blah blah.
My suggestion, which is also what my therapist told me, is try not to argue with them. They will not understand your feelings, and the more you complain, the more they'll be upset and think you are ungrateful to them. And things will only get worse.
I know this sounds unfair, and it is, but not all parents are good enough to understand what their sons/daughters are going through.
Yes everything you said is true. Thank you for the advice :)
Tbh i could die tonight than no one would even notice it before several days, so i definitely feel u. Im sorry ure going through that too
Thank you, You don't deserve that either hope we all escape this soon

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Obviously you are seeking for help and you don't want to die? That's great but it seems your parents don't understand you and think their "beliefs" will heal the problem which actually the real problem here. Why do you have suicidal ideation? What kind of help do you seek for?

fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
Yeah they are Muslims. I feel bad saying this but I was brought up Muslim and I hate it. They always force their beliefs on me and make me do things s just making me feel trapped idk. When they found out about my self harm they started saying Satan was in my head making me do this and telling me to kill myself like what
That's so invalidating, I'm sorry they would blame your problems on something like that.

My parents would only take my mental health issues seriously if I attempted probably. I've struggled with many things of which primarily chronic depression, they always blame my symptoms on me being lazy and not following their advice (move out, do yoga, eat well). Parents are not necessarily good people, even if they are your parents. You deserve better support 💛🫂

• Love
Sunoo

Sunoo

Student
Sep 25, 2023
That's so invalidating, I'm sorry they would blame your problems on something like that.

My parents would only take my mental health issues seriously if I attempted probably. I've struggled with many things of which primarily chronic depression, they always blame my symptoms on me being lazy and not following their advice (move out, do yoga, eat well). Parents are not necessarily good people, even if they are your parents. You deserve better support 💛🫂
Awh I'm so sorry
I hope we can get through this
sending loads of virtual hugs rn

• Hugs
Reactions: fwompie
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I've told my parents I want to die and how bad and sore I feel everyday and they always reply with "What do you want me to do?" and "I'll pray for you" and then they go back to whtever they were doing. It hurts so bad, I think they think I won't do it orr 'm not sure D:
It really hurts that's all it feels like no one cares and I have always felt like a burden and
I'm the same way. My mom also says that as well, "what do you want me to do?" She also says stuff like "well just go die already then". If only she knew how hard it was to die….My parents honestly wouldn't care if I died or not. They're more mad about the fact that I'm a failure. My parents just want me to make something out of myself. They say that I can't stay at home all day and live with them forever.

They don't care about my Asperger's/autism, ADHD, social anxiety or my depression. They think that I can be a normal functioning human being and they hold me to the same standard as everyone else. It doesn't help that everyone around me is super successful either.

I'm literally disabled due to Asperger's/autism so…social disability is still disability, and it makes it hard to function in this social world. But they don't see that. They think I'm just "lazy". I'm literally depressed and spend most of the day in bed because I'm tired and my mom still yells at me to "get up, stop being lazy". They just want me to leave and become independent. They want me to support myself and make my own living. They don't care if I live or die.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
hevlalab

hevlalab

Take me back in time
Sep 14, 2023
I'm sorry you have to deal with that from your parents. Maybe when they say that they will pray for you, it may come from a caring perspective? I know my dad prays every night for me to get better.

In my case I wish my parents cared less and let me ctb. They're doing everything to prevent it ugh. I can't even get deliveries anymore to my home in my name without them opening and checking it.

• Love
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
My parents just threaten to ward me. :(

• Aww..
Sunoo

Sunoo

Student
Sep 25, 2023
My parents just threaten to ward me. :(
Awh I'm so sorry, my parents did that to me when I was deep n anorexia. Wards and hospitals are such a bad place they think controlling you and taking away all of ur rights will make you better like bro what?
Sending you lots of love I'm rlly sorry
I'm sorry you have to deal with that from your parents. Maybe when they say that they will pray for you, it may come from a caring perspective? I know my dad prays every night for me to get better.

In my case I wish my parents cared less and let me ctb. They're doing everything to prevent it ugh. I can't even get deliveries anymore to my home in my name without them opening and checking it.
Yh it could be but they usually say it so I can go away like I see no emotion idk
I'm really sorry but at least you have really caring parents. Ig we always want what we don't have
Sending you the biggest virtual hug rn I hope ur able to acheive ur goal
Omg
I'm the same way. My mom also says that as well, "what do you want me to do?" She also says stuff like "well just go die already then". If only she knew how hard it was to die….My parents honestly wouldn't care if I died or not. They're more mad about the fact that I'm a failure. My parents just want me to make something out of myself. They say that I can't stay at home all day and live with them forever.

They don't care about my Asperger's/autism, ADHD, social anxiety or my depression. They think that I can be a normal functioning human being and they hold me to the same standard as everyone else. It doesn't help that everyone around me is super successful either.

I'm literally disabled due to Asperger's/autism so…social disability is still disability, and it makes it hard to function in this social world. But they don't see that. They think I'm just "lazy". I'm literally depressed and spend most of the day in bed because I'm tired and my mom still yells at me to "get up, stop being lazy". They just want me to leave and become independent. They want me to support myself and make my own living. They don't care if I live or die.
I'm so sorry, wish I could help but I totally understand. Like I can't move from my bed and they start shouting at me and saying how they wish they did not have a child like me. They act like everything is our fault and that we have a choice to be the way we are
You don't deserve to have a parent like that I'm so sorry
One day we'll get through and finally find relief <33

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: EternalShore and hevlalab