A

AbusedByFather

Feb 14, 2021
Enjoying my collectibles and writing are the two things that keep me alive.
Anyone else writes?
Also, does anyone plan to do NaNoWriMo, and write a novel in November?
Thanks.

Reactions: Ashu, lachrymost and Sakura94
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I write as a hobby, but I just do it for my own entertainment, I given up in showing it to other people a long time ago, because I'm not good at all and I never have enough time and/or energy to seriously work on improving my writing. I didn't really write anything this year, I had three ideas I wanted to work on: one was about WWII alternative history where Hitler didn't backstab Stalin, one was about a ragtag bunch of misfits surviving in a postapocalyptic world several years after a major nuclear disaster, and one was just about a (hypothetical) student exchange between USSR and USA in the middle of 1970s when the difference in culture was the most staggering. For sad political reasons I don't feel comfortable exploring any of these topics anymore, so I haven't really been writing this year.
What about you, do you want to write a novel? What is it going to be about?

Reactions: Ashu and ColorlessTrees
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Also, does anyone plan to do NaNoWriMo, and write a novel in November?
oh i remember doing that for class!!! we just happened to be in the class that half of the year. i enjoy writing. mostly just flash fiction though. ive tried to start a few stories but i dont quite have the attention span for it
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/creative-writing-megathread.100363/#post-1736382

Reactions: Ashu and GrumpyFrog
A

AbusedByFather

Feb 14, 2021
My dead cat.
And another about Satan being angry that every time he commits suicide he just stays in hell.

Reactions: 👁️👃👁️, Ashu, ColorlessTrees and 1 other person
squidhead

squidhead

You`ve met with a terrible fate, haven`t you?
Jun 13, 2022
I used to write poems (cheesy romantic ones at first, then suicide related ones), but I havent since 2020 I think. Been a while, just lost all drive and energy to do anything really.

Reactions: Ashu
J

jandek

Down in a Mirror
Feb 19, 2022
Yeah, I write poetry from time to time, although I haven't written anything recently.

Reactions: GrumpyFrog and Ashu
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
I've written I don't know how many novels over the last eight years. Two have been published, but I really write them for myself and a handful of close friends.

Reactions: GrumpyFrog
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I've written I don't know how many novels over the last eight years. Two have been published, but I really write them for myself and a handful of close friends.
What kinds of books do you write?

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Never heard of NaNoWriMo. I do write fanfiction very rarely. In recent years, I just have not come up with enough material on my own to write an original story. I wish I had started writing more years ago and feel like I have kind of missed the boat. My prose is bone-dry. Not a big fan of florid, purple prose, but I do enjoy lyricism to an extent, and my writing has none of that now.

Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
  • Love
Reactions: GrumpyFrog, jandek and WhatPowerIs
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
They're all novels that relate to Sanskrit, India, and my native Canada.
That sounds very nice and very personal! I hope those books become successful!

Reactions: Celerity and Ashu
lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
I wrote a NaNoWriMo novel that I finally finished editing this year. Good thing too, because there's no way I'd be able to continue working on it in my current state. Writing has always been crucial to my identity.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ashu and GrumpyFrog
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
I love to write, on here, with friends on discord, in a journal to my therapist, all of that. I blogged about my life for 10 years. I'm proud of some of my writing on there and elsewhere. I don't write fiction though. Just lost the knack for it around the age of 14. My actual life and self seems to interest me more than imaginary worlds.

A

akirat9

エクトリアン
Sep 23, 2022
No I have only written for JRPGs