T

timetosleep

Feb 19, 2019
Have you experienced natural disasters or climate change first hand? Are you worried about it?

Wildfire and drought are scaring me a lot.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mr2005
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
You care about the world. That's nice. Others can't wait to see it burn

Reactions: whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Anyone is exactly the opposite, really wishing for apocalyptic events to unfold in their lifetime? I am. šŸ˜‰

Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
Anyone is exactly the opposite, really wishing for apocalyptic events to unfold in their lifetime? I am. šŸ˜‰
I'm not but I'm still grateful for this comment. People can't have a go at me now

Doombox

Doombox

Who knows, who cares
Apr 7, 2022
I'm mixed. I don't want to suffer, personally, in some weather related conflagration, but the idea of an apocalypse has its appeals. An extinction-level event would mean I wouldn't have to worry about ctb.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
I'm mixed. I don't want to suffer, personally, in some weather related conflagration, but the idea of an apocalypse has its appeals. An extinction-level event would mean I wouldn't have to worry about ctb.
Well as long as it benefits you :meh:

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Yeah, it is tragic to see the effects of climate change (the people who deny it are the most disturbing). Humans have caused this and I don't see it improving. It is sad for the people who have to deal with the full on effects. Humans are horrible. I have no faith in this failed species.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
I was waiting for that. Thanks for making sure I didn't have to wait long.
I don't know who else would say it. I think I'm alone in thinking that's not fine

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I plan to move to the Great Lakes region in case climate warnings come to fruition.

My home state is becoming incredibly unaffordable. I can get more space for cheaper near the border and may eventually try to move to Canada if I can.

I am more afraid for my niece and nephew. The world is already pretty terrible for them. I feel like we are failing our children.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
Yeah, it is tragic to see the effects of climate change (the people who deny it are the most disturbing). Humans have caused this and I don't see it improving. It is sad for the people who have to deal with the full on effects. Humans are horrible. I have no faith in this failed species.
then I'm surprised you're not on board with this mass destruction

T

timetosleep

Feb 19, 2019
If an apocalypse happens in an instant without pain, that would be nice. I am afraid that natural disasters and climate changes are going to be a painful and slow death. If shit hits the fan, I hope that peaceful ctb will be legalized by then.

Reactions: lofticries and chronicallybroken
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
a few months ago my apartment flooded, I had to move and throw a lot of stuff away. There was a lot of rain, but also the sewers weren't being maintained. If they had been, the water might have not come inside. It was an informal living arrangement so I didn't have flood insurance, and neither did the property owner. there was no government assistance. Luckily I had a zero interest credit card to cover the unexpected expenses.

Climate is something I consider in my decision making more often now. I now live in a place with a brand new storm sewer system, it shouldn't flood here. The air is cleaner than where I lived before too. I didn't pick where I live exclusively for those reasons, but they were part of it. I have air filters throughout my house, and since there has been more wildfire smoke over the years, an air quality monitor. I worry about the resiliency of some of the infrastructure where I live. I think about these things a lot now, I didn't before.

I try to make eco conscious decisions (efficient car, pay extra for green energy, choose longer lasting goods when available) but I still buy things and live my life. I travel as much as I my circumstances allow. I'd rather rent a car vs use transit when visiting places. unless there is an electricity shortage I run my air conditioning at the setting I like and use appliances when it's convenient for me. I don't want my life to be harder. I know my existence causes harm, I try to reduce it without negatively impacting my quality of life.

Doombox

Doombox

Who knows, who cares
Apr 7, 2022
You said it not me
Let's fite!
Melissa Mccarthy Fight GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Yay!
Reactions: Mr2005
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
I accept that the planet cannot be saved, but it still makes me sad to see the people who suffer from water drought.

• Aww..
Reactions: lofticries
S

suicidalwillreturn

Aug 2, 2022
Sometimes apatethic, sometimes not. I'm doing the bare minimum because being eco-friendly is expensive and I'm experiencing financial constraints. But for sure I'm not carbon neutral

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
Not really worried about climate change. It's coming and nothing humans do is going to stop it. And even if we could there's nothing to stop a huge asteroid from plowing into the earth and killing everything, no matter how much we care. It doesn't factor into any ctb plans I have.

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I will do my part and not procreate. Thus avoid putting my decedants in the future's mad max world.

Reactions: redeyepiranha